Originally Posted by joltdudeuc
*puts broom away*
soooo reverse sweep?
Old 05-01-2014, 04:05 PM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
Originally Posted by Javirex23
Thread should be renamed the 'sharts' thread lol
F ing nor cal, the best comedy at times.
Old 05-01-2014, 04:07 PM
9 to 5 mod

I can't deal man. Blow this team up.

I think we need go young, and think future, and cups. Cause the current formula is good, but not good enough.

I'd feel better if it was tit for tat, and we hit 7 games because it was a battle, but ONLY game 3 was a battle. every other game was an *** whooping for either side.
I thought it was a good game through 2 periods.

3rd....... well not so much there.
Old 05-01-2014, 04:39 PM

Car Info: New Government Motors SUV!
They've had championship quality players for years..... Todd gots ta go.
Old 05-01-2014, 05:14 PM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
Originally Posted by Superglue WRX
They've had championship quality players for years..... Todd gots ta go.
I dunno... I like him and I think guys play hard for him.

I just don't think these guys play hard for themselves. I also think the age of some of the guys is getting to them. Should we hang on until it's just totally done, or should we look at options.

I bet there are lots of quality young players out there. Nieto and Hertl have really changed my mind about these young guys. They are better prepared than ever for the pros.
Old 05-01-2014, 05:29 PM

Car Info: 2006 obp wrx limited sedan

I dunno... I like him and I think guys play hard for him.

I just don't think these guys play hard for themselves. I also think the age of some of the guys is getting to them. Should we hang on until it's just totally done, or should we look at options.

I bet there are lots of quality young players out there. Nieto and Hertl have really changed my mind about these young guys. They are better prepared than ever for the pros.
I like todd too....coming from a coach like darryl sutter who has done nothing for us either.....now hes winning cups with other teams.....its like when the coaches show up theres a bad omen here already.
Old 05-02-2014, 09:49 AM
If in doubt, FLAT OUT

Car Info: 2010 Hatch, 2011 Sedan
I don't think Todd is the issue. It IS the players, and we've gone through enough really great lineups that should have won that it isn't funny. They simply have to WANT it more than anyone else and I think that's what's missing, regardless of who's on the team.

Young isn't the answer. You have to have a blend of old and new, because you can look at other teams that are cup winners and they are not all slanted one way or the other, there's almost always a mix.
Old 05-02-2014, 10:55 AM
9 to 5 mod

Originally Posted by 04GG
I don't think Todd is the issue. It IS the players, and we've gone through enough really great lineups that should have won that it isn't funny. They simply have to WANT it more than anyone else and I think that's what's missing, regardless of who's on the team.

Young isn't the answer. You have to have a blend of old and new, because you can look at other teams that are cup winners and they are not all slanted one way or the other, there's almost always a mix.
The old guys have to help the young guys figure it out and be leaders.
Old 05-02-2014, 11:03 AM
If in doubt, FLAT OUT

Car Info: 2010 Hatch, 2011 Sedan
Originally Posted by sigma pi
The old guys have to help the young guys figure it out and be leaders.
The experienced guys are supposed to know how to keep composure in these situations and get the young guys to do what they do best. It just ain't happenin'
Old 05-02-2014, 12:00 PM
9 to 5 mod

Originally Posted by 04GG
The experienced guys are supposed to know how to keep composure in these situations and get the young guys to do what they do best. It just ain't happenin'
yup!
Old 05-02-2014, 01:26 PM

Car Info: 05 LGT Wagon 5spd, '11 R6 Race
well

McLellan likely to return
Old 05-16-2014, 09:12 AM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
I also think the age of some of the guys is getting to them. Should we hang on until it's just totally done, or should we look at options.

and the cuts begin

San Jose Sharks to cut ties with Dan Boyle - San Jose Mercury News

Purdy: Are Joe Thornton and Patrick Marleau on thin ice? - San Jose Mercury News
Old 05-16-2014, 10:00 AM

Car Info: 2002 WRB Wagon
Usually at this time I would try to analyze what I think would be the best off season moves would be to make the team better...

But I truly don't know any more lol. It's hard after a series like that to figure out what went wrong.

The first 3 games they played amazingly. Then the next 4, those same players just didn't look the same.

One would usually blame that on coaching, but I honestly think that it was more due to what the Kings did as opposed to the Sharks 'choking.'

I think Boyle is an okay loss. I'm not sure if I like Burns going back to D but I like that guy anywhere so w/e lol.
Old 05-16-2014, 03:08 PM

Car Info: 2011 WRX Limited, 2005 STI, 2002 WRX
I believe the Problem is more about the Type of players on the roster mostly the leaders like Thornton & Marleau, are these guys winners ??? Are these the guys you want to lean on when the going gets tough-- I think NOT. It seemed like the Sharks played worse Under pressure & the Kings, especially Quick were able to raise there level of Play.
Old 05-16-2014, 03:44 PM

Car Info: 2002 WRB Wagon
Originally Posted by Subi3
Thornton & Marleau, are these guys winners ???
I don't think there's a question about that. Both of them are outstanding talents. I think no matter who the player is, if you've been on a team that's been labeled as 'chokers' for a few years it's got to weigh on you during the playoffs.

As much as it sucks to watch them lose like this in the playoffs these past years, I'd still rather watch them then have a team that rarely makes the playoffs at all. It's all perspective.

If you think this is a bummer, remember what the Blues went through from '79 to '04.

We have been in the playoffs for 10 seasons in a row w/o a cup.

The Blues during that stretch reached the playoffs twenty-five straight seasons, and didn't win a cup.

If you count the seasons from then till now, they have made the playoffs 29 of their last 34 seasons.

And you know how far they've gotten in those 34 playoff runs?

To the conference finals...twice. One they lost 3-4 to the Flames, and the other time they lost 1-4 to the Avalanche.

Also, in the Blues' first three seasons in the league, they made the stanley cup finals three years in a row!

Want to know how that went?

They got swept all three times...

I know people like to rail on the Sharks a lot. I get bummed out too. I've been a fan my whole life, and hockey is my #1 sport.

That said, for a team that's only been around 22 years, I think they have been great.

They've made the playoffs 17 out of those 22 years, and 4 of those missed years were in their first 6 seasons.

Since the 97-98 season, they've only missed the playoffs once. They've been a ton of fun to watch almost every season for a long time.

I think we should be glad for that.

Quick Reply: Sharks Thread