Sad day today, Michael Vick released from prison after 19 months today.

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2009, 05:57 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Sad day today, Michael Vick released from prison after 19 months today.

The day had to come, and it came today... Evil bastard POS Michael Vick was released from prison today after spending 19 months in prison and paying over a million dollars in fees to the dogs. Some say he got too much of a penalty, but personally I think he should have served 20 years for what he did. This kind of crap happens way too often and they should have made a better example out of him.

How people hurt animals, especially dogs is something I'll never understand, it angers me beyond comprehension, and it bothers me more then people hurting each other... In my eyes, Animals are innocent and aren't really capable of fighting back... Its like hitting a child... Yet people do it for fun? These people need to die. If they can do that to animals, imagine what they are capable of in the human world!?

People say he'll play football again professionally, but some don't think so. What do you guys think? Will he be accepted in the world of NFL again? Will people allow him to have a career? Do you think teams will take the chance to sign him even though it could hurt their team in terms of fans.

General opinions? Thoughts? I'd like to hear what you guys and girls think.
Old 05-20-2009, 06:02 PM

Car Info: 04 impreza wrx R.I.P Daniel Wentz JOEBOBBUCKET
i dont know if this was ever answered before on other shows n stuff but has he been using dogs to fight before he was in nfl? maybe it just caught on from friends or family? i remember something from an interview that friends were at his house and there were dogs in like 9 different cages or something but vick was not there. but what do i know?
Old 05-20-2009, 06:06 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2013 GR STi
My buddy Jesse and his wife rescued one of the POS's awesome dogs...

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/mul...content.6.html
Old 05-20-2009, 06:10 PM
03.23.67 - 06.14.13

unfortunately, he was dealing with animals.

and courts still value a human life over an animal.

that's why crimes against animals dont carry as much vs humans.

and yes, he paid his debt to our society. he's now free to pursue, within legal means, his old job back.
Old 05-20-2009, 06:12 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
The general public has a very short attention span. It won't be plastered all over the news, therefore it won't be on peoples' minds and won't have an impact on his career..... unfortunately.
Old 05-20-2009, 06:17 PM

Car Info: 2005 STI Silver/78 911sc/ktm380exc/03 RC51/F4i
He will play again and if he does well or wins a superbowl then he will be forgiven by most of America,look at Ray Lewis for example do you ever hear about the double homicide he was tangled up in after he won the superbowl.
Old 05-20-2009, 06:18 PM

Car Info: 07 Legacy GT Wagon
Originally Posted by ldivinag
and yes, he paid his debt to our society. he's now free to pursue, within legal means, his old job back.
I agree. He has to be sorry, especially after losing several million dollars and almost two years of his life. He definitely F'ed up, but I think he's paid his dues.
Old 05-20-2009, 06:30 PM
Yeah, You've Probably Never Heard Of Me.

Car Info: 345/30/19s
Originally Posted by huck
My buddy Jesse and his wife rescued one of the POS's awesome dogs...

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/mul...content.6.html
jeez seeing those pictures now of the pups in their new homes with families really makes me feel a bit ill thinking about what would have happened to them if vic didnt get busted.
Old 05-20-2009, 06:32 PM
Yeah, You've Probably Never Heard Of Me.

Car Info: 345/30/19s
Originally Posted by brucelee
People say he'll play football again professionally, but some don't think so. What do you guys think? Will he be accepted in the world of NFL again? Will people allow him to have a career? Do you think teams will take the chance to sign him even though it could hurt their team in terms of fans.

General opinions? Thoughts? I'd like to hear what you guys and girls think.
well HE seems to think hes gonna play again soon. But all the insiders say hes like kryptonite, they dont know any team that wants to sign him.
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Originally Posted by Krinkov
jeez seeing those pictures now of the pups in their new homes with families really makes me feel a bit ill thinking about what would have happened to them if vic didnt get busted.
They should have faught him against other prisoners like he did to those dogs.

I'm so glad justice has been served.
aka FlukeWRX

Car Info: '03 WRX WRB Sedan
Honestly, I do think that if he truly shows that he has remorse and has changed his ways, then Goodell will allow him to try and play again. At that point it will really depend on if a team is Willing to allow him to try and play on their team.

I do think he will play again in the NFL, but we shall see if it is this year or next year.

Quite honestly as was mentioned above Ray Lewis is an example of someone who is still playing in the NFL yet was tangled up in a Double Homicide. There are TONS of cases of NFL players that have criminal records and yet are still playing. Heck, the fact that he served 19 months in Leavenworth is pretty impressive to me considering most of these other people can be related to other people being injured, paralyzed or deaths and yet they are still playing and all these other people received looked like slaps on the wrist and basically nothing more than some inconsequential fines compared to what Vick has already done with his prison sentence.

You can even look outside of the NFL at guys like Vince Neil that was drunk driving and killed his best friend. He is out living in the world and still allowed to pursue his career in music.

I do think that as more time passes people will Forgive & Forget what happened.

Now, I am not saying anything about the heinous crimes that he did commit, but isn't the point of our prison system to actually rehabilitate someone and allow them to become members of society again after they have changed and improved their humanly worth again?

At this time though, his best bet really would be to befriend Tony Dungy and allow one of the leagues most respected people to help vouch for Vick's name (IF he is willing to do that for Vick). He should also consider doing something with his money to help prove he has remorse and changed, such as establishing a foundation to prevent animal cruelty or allowing a portion of his check to go to an animal organization or several animal shelters and rescues.

Last edited by JelloChex; 05-20-2009 at 06:36 PM.
Old 05-20-2009, 06:49 PM

Car Info: The Latest From WayneTech.
As much as I do NOT condone what he did - fact is I wouldn't mind seeing him play again - he's a great mobile QB.
Old 05-20-2009, 07:06 PM

Car Info: 02 WRX
Vick with the 49ers ftw?
Old 05-20-2009, 07:22 PM

Car Info: 07 Legacy GT Wagon
Originally Posted by elsyd
vick with the 49ers ftw?
+100000000000000
Old 05-20-2009, 07:26 PM

Car Info: STi 07
Yep Vick with the niners FTW. We should throw in some Pit Bulls in the deal to close it. LoL J/K

Quick Reply: Sad day today, Michael Vick released from prison after 19 months today.