Rosette popped my hood

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2007, 12:26 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
Originally Posted by mcowger
Doesn't matter if they blink or not. Markers have to be primarily orange or amber in color.
however he was cited for TURN SIGNALS, not side markers. Therefore all he has to do is prove that the side ones are not turn signals and show that the actual turn signals are the correct color.

EDIT: although its not limited to just turn signals. Pretty much you deserved the tickets, whether the cop was a ***** or not. Theres no reason to go and ***** and moan about him to a suporvisor since he is acting within the law (even if he is biased towards imports). If you really want to ballance everything out, fight it from the inside, not from the outside (meaning be a cop and be a good cop).

Last edited by VRT MBasile; 07-06-2007 at 12:35 PM.
Old 07-06-2007, 12:30 PM

Car Info: 1997 Acura Integra GS Sedan
post up a scan/pic of the ticket y0..
Old 07-06-2007, 12:48 PM
I don't need more cowbell dammit!

Car Info: E82
Originally Posted by STi-owns-evo
don't fight rosette period.

The codes he got your for are legit, and if you try to fight it, he'll try his best to only make the punishment worse. The amber light reflects light, which the carbon fiber one does not. If you don't have a dp cat, I'm guessing that you have an aftermarket exhaust, so I'd definitely not fight this.

There's a reason why he's known all over the country, yes, even on the east coast. There's another reason why he's the one who started the anti-import programs. Courts know he knows his stuff, even if he takes it too far.
If his exhaust is below 95dB I would suggest he get a sound test and fight it.
Old 07-06-2007, 01:09 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by jewpac42
definitely, 27151 is the dB level so get the level tested and if it is below 95 dB then fight that part of the ticket.
Old 07-06-2007, 02:03 PM

Car Info: SGM 135i
side markers are required, even on the 04s where the side markers are inside the headlamps they are not to be taken out. So for everyone that has cleared their headlights, you can get busted for that as well. And also for not having orange bulbs if you have removed the orange piece covering your turn signal.
Old 07-06-2007, 02:50 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by MBasile
however he was cited for TURN SIGNALS, not side markers. Therefore all he has to do is prove that the side ones are not turn signals and show that the actual turn signals are the correct color.

EDIT: although its not limited to just turn signals. Pretty much you deserved the tickets, whether the cop was a ***** or not. Theres no reason to go and ***** and moan about him to a suporvisor since he is acting within the law (even if he is biased towards imports). If you really want to ballance everything out, fight it from the inside, not from the outside (meaning be a cop and be a good cop).
He's not just biased toward imports, he's biased towards young people in general.

He honestly has a huge stick up his ***. He's one of the cops that's a movie type personality. Just unreal. A prototype *****. He really thinks that way...you know...that I AM the LAW......boy. That kinda thing. I've been dealing with this dude for like 10 years now. And some of my friends more like 20.
Old 07-06-2007, 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by OneManArmy
He's not just biased toward imports, he's biased towards young people in general.

He honestly has a huge stick up his ***. He's one of the cops that's a movie type personality. Just unreal. A prototype *****. He really thinks that way...you know...that I AM the LAW......boy. That kinda thing. I've been dealing with this dude for like 10 years now. And some of my friends more like 20.
There's a couple like that around here, I had to deal with one the other night, he was riding his cop motorcycle while off duty and at night. He was speeding and almost hit me, then made me pull over and asked why I almost hit him...****en dick.
Old 07-06-2007, 03:02 PM

Car Info: '02 PSM WRX
this is why rosette thinks he can do whatever he wants. I've seen him on the side of the road just waving people off...had 4-5-6 cars lined up on the side of the road.

Guy is a *****.

He wrote my buddy a ticket in a 40 year old car for being too low.
I know it's retarded that he can, but with him basically initiating the whole anti-import scene, courts know that he knows what he's talking about, even if he is nitpicky.

Saying that....he definately does not have a case for the exhaust. If he went to court with the attitude of sorry my bad...I fixed the exhaust, here's the sound test.
Sorry, by the OP stating that Rosette didn't see his DP cat, I thought he had a full tbe no cats, since he stated his midpipe was gutted.

But the blinkers are bunk he'd have a chance. Is there a law I am not aware of about SIDE MARKERS. If those are not functioning blinkers then I think the code that rosette gave is incorrect.
I got that info from other posts, which was answered in a later post again.

I'd honestly say that there is little chance of fighting the ticket but generally speaking if you go in and are respectful and humble and show that you've corrected the issues the judge will reduce fines and sometimes points. But sometimes not. I've experienced both.

It's the risk we run. I have several visible and audible violations and have gotten a couple fix it tickets for them. I only get pissed when the cops are ****** and are obviously using it as a way to try to get a bigger ticket out of you. Or if it's something rediculous like my tires aren't legal...REO70's. etc.
I've only had 1 ticket I've had to fight in my few years of driving, and the judge was a dick and from previous statements the judge has said to me I knew as soon as the cop showed up, I wouldn't win. For stuff like the RE070s, I agree that's retarded and those obviously should be fought. However, this is for side markers and a modified exhaust, which both the OP is in the wrong.

Though, with basically everything I agree with you for most any other cop, but Rosette has the reputation to try everything in his power to make it as hard as possible for import drivers.

Originally Posted by jewpac42
He had a gutted mid pipe, so altering emissions, and he stated that Rosette didn't see a DP cat (I'm guessing that means he doesn't have one) so sound test or not, it's still illegal.
Old 07-06-2007, 03:04 PM

"he moves like a cop..."
Old 07-06-2007, 03:19 PM

Car Info: 2006 STI CGM
He honestly has a huge stick up his ***. He's one of the cops that's a movie type personality. Just unreal. A prototype *****. He really thinks that way...you know...that I AM the LAW......boy.
for some reason when i was reading that i thought of this.

Old 07-06-2007, 03:41 PM

"respect mah authoriteeehhhhh...."
Old 07-06-2007, 03:43 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Bugeyed Autowagon
When he pulls you over, be sure to ask where he keeps his Swastika.

Because all rule ***** have Swastikas.
Old 07-06-2007, 04:31 PM
VIP Member

He had a gutted mid pipe, so altering emissions, and he stated that Rosette didn't see a DP cat (I'm guessing that means he doesn't have one) so sound test or not, it's still illegal.
he didn't say rosette didn't see a cat, he said rosette was mad he had to get on the ground to look. The VC# cited for the exhaust was for noise level, not altering the emissions control system
Old 07-06-2007, 05:16 PM

Car Info: '02 PSM WRX
Originally Posted by MBasile
he didn't say rosette didn't see a cat, he said rosette was mad he had to get on the ground to look. The VC# cited for the exhaust was for noise level, not altering the emissions control system
Originally Posted by STNWrX1739
I was driving down Peralta in Fremont, stopped at a light when Rosette on his bike pulls up next to me and signals me to pull over. Asked me if I knew what he pulled me over for and of course i said no. Turns out he didnt like my carbon fiber side markers. Then he asked for me to pop the hood and i asked why, he told me since i had an exhaust he needed to check what other modifications i had. He didnt see a cat on my down pipe and asked if i had any, which i have one gutted on my midpipe. He got mad at me because he had to lay down to look under the car. Ended up writing two violations, one for modified amber turn signals, 26101VC, and Modified exhaust 27151VC.

Now i have one question, Rosette said that a second offense on 27151VC, modified exhaust is 800 dollar fine and a moving violation, is that true?

I've been avoiding Rosette for a long time and he finally got me.
He did state it, but I didn't look up the code. whoops
Old 07-06-2007, 06:28 PM
VIP Member

He did state it, but I didn't look up the code. whoops
I took that more as Rosette couldn't see if there were any, not that he saw that there werent

Quick Reply: Rosette popped my hood