rollcall...snowboarding...you know who you are.

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2006, 12:47 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: psm.03.wrx.wgn
Originally Posted by HomerJay
Ouch, maybe I should start wearing wrist guards?
yeah, honestly, it looks like i'll be picking up a pair this weekend. i'm gettting my cast taken off just before hitting up sierra & heavenly next wed & thurs. i'll probably start putting milk in my camelbak, too. for that added peace of mind. heh heh

Originally Posted by MVWRX
Just ride with your hands in fists...best thing I ever learned in a snowboard class. Then you punch the snow when you fall, which is a lot better than slapping it for your wrist.
i usually do this, too. i guess i'm getting lazy or took it for granted. i was seriously caught off-guard when i fell off. such a flukey kinda thing, man.

Originally Posted by subie OCD
mmmm vicodin
YESSS!!!!! wow...i had never taken the stuff before. nice li'l feeling, but definitely not something to be hopped up on if ya need to drive in the mtn's.
Old 01-07-2006, 06:10 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by boardoholic
whaddup, bruddah Ray!

i've been outta commission for a few weeks. i fractured my wrist @"Boring Hill." it was such a fluke, man. on their smallest rail, just two hours into the day, w/ a good 3 or 4 to go. i fall off toward my backside & put my hand down to "catch" myself. i thought it was just a sprain, so i take a couple more runs before heading to 1st aid. surprise! surprise! pulling off the glove & raising my jacket sleeve reveal that it's a more than a li'l sprain.

bah! long story...short. i get splinted up @the ER in truckee. sign the 05/06 broken wrist banner of shame. drive to my buddy's in reno. pop some vicodin. wake up the next day & ride for 5 hours @mt. rose, another place w/ a bear valley kinda vibe. i had ridden there once before but only as an ultra-newb.

i've been jones-ing to head up since, but i'd much rather have this cast off just to be safe. it comes off next tues. just in time for a li'l 2-day run in south lake on wed & thur.

keep us posted dates for the this season's 1st i-club trip to bear.

btw, whaddup, justin! you, too, li'l jefe!

P R A Y _ F O R _ S N O W
what up homie. You know you're always welcome at my crip.

Sorry for the break man. That's week. Least you got to ride.

I've been there done that. Shoot I did the same thing. Got up and my wrist was bent 90%...hand strait up from my arm. I yell at my bro to wait cause I thought I broke it. He just kept going. So I snapped it back down and road all day. Road all year actually. Figured out like 5 years later that I really did fracture it. chiropractor went to crack it and said...oh your broke your wrist...I said no. he said...um yeah...there's suppose to be a bone right here and stuck his finger into my wrist..haaa.

good reason I stay out of the parks these days. Booooo...boooooooo parks no good for fat old men with $1000 knee braces on..haaaaa.
Old 01-07-2006, 06:14 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by boardoholic
yeah, honestly, it looks like i'll be picking up a pair this weekend. i'm gettting my cast taken off just before hitting up sierra & heavenly next wed & thurs. i'll probably start putting milk in my camelbak, too. for that added peace of mind. heh heh

i usually do this, too. i guess i'm getting lazy or took it for granted. i was seriously caught off-guard when i fell off. such a flukey kinda thing, man.

YESSS!!!!! wow...i had never taken the stuff before. nice li'l feeling, but definitely not something to be hopped up on if ya need to drive in the mtn's.

when I blew my knee out I got a couple vicodin and went to the bar. Where a couple shots of whiskey and a beer later I was doing jumping jacks in the bar and about to grab my board and hit the slopes.......my brother came in and went....oh isht dude wtf are you doing!!!! sit down.

Mind you this was less than half an hour after they told me my leg was broken..... doc at first aid said it looked like I broke the top of my tipia.
Old 01-07-2006, 06:23 PM
General Pimpin'

Last post them I'm outtie....gotta work at 9. (Anyone wants to come out to Molly Magee's in Mtn. View of Castro. Ask for Ray.....my last night working...quit last night)

anyways...update to my trip.

Tuesday night drove up..stopped at UCKK. 6 shots of espresso later (2 triple's) I hit the road at what.... 11:30ish?

I go smoken up the road and get to my cabin in arnold at 1:35pm. Cracked out of my mind I fall asleep at like 3am probably. Wake up at 7. Grab a quick bite to eat.....eggo's and OJ. hit the road and ride all day. FREAKIN SICK!!!!!!! Wed a.m. was dope. deep pow many many turns of untouched. Lets just say I was like the 4th person down tigger if anyone knows bear valley.

End of the day I'm riding one of my lesser know patties for the last run and I go into full back leg cramp cussing rampage. Sitting in the snow OB with nobody but my brother around thinking I'm hosed I pound a bottle of water and make a few killer turns and come out alive.

crash out around midnight. Wake up at 7am thursday. Eggs. toast. OJ. Hit the road. Ride all day. Warm as all hell outside. Still TONS of turns available. Did like 3 runs in my favorite spots...>I tell no lie when I tell you that my brother and I did 3 runs of oh....300 yards of untouched lines. Maybe more...probably more. (as jeff.jeff.cliff.justin...they've been there)

Friday I'm damn near dead when I wake up in the morning and I head up the road a bit later in the day after eggs. bacon. OJ. vitamin water.

Get up there and do some fire lines down the groomers until I find my brother at 2 in the afternoon...I came up about 2 hours late.....

We ride ride ride. Then blast out a couple of runs in the very wet powder in my favorite spot. Go home. I hit up tricity. Went to work. Started work at 9. Got home at around 3:40 am this morning.....

LONG FREAKING FEW DAYS!!! But so worth it.
Old 01-08-2006, 05:10 AM

Car Info: sc300
sno is tight
Old 01-08-2006, 08:32 AM

Car Info: 2004 WRX STi, 1999 Forester L
I got back from a midweek trip jan 4-6. My friend's family had a giant house at northstar. It was sorta depressing how warm and slushy it was. They only had one park open and none of the good rails I think I ended up drinking at the house more than boarding.
Old 01-08-2006, 12:35 PM

Car Info: a wrx?
i have a snowboard for sale if anyone's interested...it's a shaun white 155 w/ bindings and it's in the bay area classified section
Old 01-08-2006, 04:33 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: na
tricity is going to out business tia. heard it on live 105 this morning. im headed to sierra tomorrow, anyone going and want to meet up call cell, pm or im me.
Old 01-08-2006, 05:24 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: psm.03.wrx.wgn
ray, you & your bro are some lucky-@$$ punks! 3 straight days of charging. i'm so jealous. it's been just over 4 weeks since my last turn, so i'm jones-in' bad. luckily, i take care of my fix this wed & thur! woohoo!

oh, wassup to you, too chels! congrats to you & james, btw. have fun tomorrow @sierra. i should be hitting that up on wed, then heavenly on thurs.
Old 01-08-2006, 06:02 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 1999 2.5RS / 2004 Forester X
I wanna head up once I'm not sick anymore, felt like crap this whole week. Oh and I think Judd Bales wants to come along also...
Old 01-08-2006, 06:28 PM

Car Info: 1984 mustang svo
Bay Area Ski Bus is the way to go when you dont have a lisense lol... 100$ for bus ride up breakfast lift ticket and bus ride back. such a good deal im going the 15th to Sierra at Tahoe
________
Medical Marijuana

Last edited by svo+wrx; 04-14-2011 at 09:10 PM.
Old 01-09-2006, 12:46 PM

Car Info: '05 Crystal Grey Metallic WRX Sport Wagon
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
Last post them I'm outtie....gotta work at 9. (Anyone wants to come out to Molly Magee's in Mtn. View of Castro. Ask for Ray.....my last night working...quit last night)

DUDE I wish I had known that before. I live at California and Escuela, I go downtown 3-4 nights a week...usually Merv's for the prices. Damn it, and now you quit...oh well.
Old 01-09-2006, 01:18 PM

i've been up 6 times so far this season

it'd be awesome to meet up with some people from i-club though
Old 01-09-2006, 01:19 PM

Car Info: 2006 evo IX
Originally Posted by Daredevil
i've been up 6 times so far this season

it'd be awesome to meet up with some people from i-club though

So have I

say a few modded WRXs and a STi in the northstar parking lot this weekend
Old 01-09-2006, 01:59 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '02 WRB WRX Wagon
Originally Posted by OneManArmy

anyways...update to my trip.

Tuesday night drove up..stopped at UCKK. 6 shots of espresso later (2 triple's) I hit the road at what.... 11:30ish?

I go smoken up the road and get to my cabin in arnold at 1:35pm. Cracked out of my mind I fall asleep at like 3am probably. Wake up at 7. Grab a quick bite to eat.....eggo's and OJ. hit the road and ride all day. FREAKIN SICK!!!!!!! Wed a.m. was dope. deep pow many many turns of untouched. Lets just say I was like the 4th person down tigger if anyone knows bear valley.

End of the day I'm riding one of my lesser know patties for the last run and I go into full back leg cramp cussing rampage. Sitting in the snow OB with nobody but my brother around thinking I'm hosed I pound a bottle of water and make a few killer turns and come out alive.

crash out around midnight. Wake up at 7am thursday. Eggs. toast. OJ. Hit the road. Ride all day. Warm as all hell outside. Still TONS of turns available. Did like 3 runs in my favorite spots...>I tell no lie when I tell you that my brother and I did 3 runs of oh....300 yards of untouched lines. Maybe more...probably more. (as jeff.jeff.cliff.justin...they've been there)

Friday I'm damn near dead when I wake up in the morning and I head up the road a bit later in the day after eggs. bacon. OJ. vitamin water.

Get up there and do some fire lines down the groomers until I find my brother at 2 in the afternoon...I came up about 2 hours late.....

We ride ride ride. Then blast out a couple of runs in the very wet powder in my favorite spot. Go home. I hit up tricity. Went to work. Started work at 9. Got home at around 3:40 am this morning.....

LONG FREAKING FEW DAYS!!! But so worth it.
Let's not forget the picture of your buttcrack. lol

Quick Reply: rollcall...snowboarding...you know who you are.