rollcall...snowboarding...you know who you are.

Old 11-20-2009, 12:24 AM

Car Info: Honda with a wing =P
I'm headed to Boreal this weekend, I'm a noob but hope there's snow.
Old 11-20-2009, 12:30 AM

Car Info: '15 LE STI, '06 WRX White Wheeled Wagon, '06 B9
Originally Posted by sammae01
I'm headed to Boreal this weekend, I'm a noob but hope there's snow.
2 runs isn't enough to gegt me to drive 3 hours. But have fun, I'm sure it will be great regardless.
Old 11-20-2009, 12:35 AM

Car Info: Honda with a wing =P
Originally Posted by Irish_car_B0mb
2 runs isn't enough to gegt me to drive 3 hours. But have fun, I'm sure it will be great regardless.
I just read on their site that they are open top to bottom. They're the only ones open *Shrug*
Old 11-23-2009, 08:51 AM

Car Info: '08 FXT - VF43'd
Went to Heavenly on Saturday. Only Tamarack and Dipper Express lifts were open, but the conditions were awesome for opening day. Spotted tons of Subies, and even a few fixed up ones on winter stockers in the parking lot too.
Old 11-23-2009, 07:01 PM

Car Info: 1999 RS Coupé- 1995 Mazda Miata -KTM 300
i got a Sierra Northstar pass.

Hopefully they'll have some boardercross terrain. They went all out the year boarderx went olympic, then i guess it died off...damn jibbers crying for more boxes...pile me up some berms and whoops, is an hour too much to ask from a snowcat?

i'd be down for a Boreal day assuming they have their special price days
Old 11-29-2009, 11:29 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: psm.03.wrx.wgn
Bump!!!

for SierraSnowboard.com's HUGE Cyber Monday Sale

http://www.sierrasnowboard.com/shop/...y/search_0.asp
MASSIVE savings on their already good deals on '09 & older stuff! Hardgoods, softgoods, accessories, you name it! Even y'all two plankers can score some awesome discounts!

Attn: parkrats
This year's Capita SierraScope is callin' for ya at only $300! We probably won't see this 40% off price til March!
Old 11-29-2009, 11:39 PM

Car Info: '14 Cayman
went boarding at N* on black friday. they had 3 lifts open to the summit and 10 'runs' open. More like 4 runs cause they merge and what not. it dumped about 4" the next day so i missed out on some pow pow. it was $67 for early season which was a rip but at least i got out and boarded for 5 hrs straight with little to no line.
Old 11-30-2009, 12:21 AM

Car Info: '15 LE STI, '06 WRX White Wheeled Wagon, '06 B9
after the first I will plan a day... the toy business has been brutal this year
Old 11-30-2009, 01:36 PM

Car Info: 2012 WRX
Went to northstar last sat, saw a bunch of subies, 2 or 3 GR STi's. I was the dark gray 08 STi with gold BBS, RA mudflaps, and Yakima roof rack.

Had a good time with 3 other friends, the place did feel a little crowded though.
Old 12-02-2009, 10:02 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02Wag on 17's
Question Reverse Camber

Someone convince me I need to try it...Go!

Who here has rocked it?

What's the advantages/disadvantages?

Give me your best review (board set up, terrain you ride, experience level)?
Old 12-02-2009, 01:06 PM

Car Info: 07 Legacy GT Wagon
Originally Posted by Lowball

Who here has rocked it?

Thank you for asking this. I keep hearing great things about it and am tempted to buy last year's Skate Banana if it goes on sale (still $488 on Backcountry's website, but they have 250 in stock). I'm starting to think it's a legit technology, since almost all the manufacturers are coming out with their own version this year.
Old 12-02-2009, 01:15 PM
rok

Car Info: 20 Tesla Y LR AWD
^ a lot of people like the Skate Banana fro Libtech. all my friends that park swear on libtech.

i'm gonna head out to Northstar on the 12th on my stockies. hopefully there isn't much snow on the road :/
Old 12-02-2009, 02:15 PM
VIP Member

Another company, not as well known to some, also has TBT a form of reverse camber...check it Bataleon TBT

I contacted them last season and it seem pretty interesting. But like you said, a lot of companies are jumping on the deal and I think some ski companies may have been doing this before the boards...
Old 12-02-2009, 02:21 PM
VIP Member

Question Mammoth

On another subject...anyone have a hook-up for a condo @ mammoth? Looking to head down in Feb for a 5day and willing to pay. We usually stay at the Chamonix complex (one or two bed + loft).
Old 12-02-2009, 03:28 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: psm.03.wrx.wgn
Originally Posted by Lowball

Who here has rocked it?

From what I've read on here & heard from OneManArmy about your level of experience & riding style, you definitely should take a non-standard camber deck for a test drive. Ya know, just so you can form your own opinion about 'em.

If you haven't come across enough helpful info on your own, this year's Snowboard mag had a concise, straight-forward & informative write-up in their Buyer's Guide. Check it out here to answer your concerns about the pros & cons.

Now for my mini-review on my sole experience on an RC stick. Last season during SierraSnowboard's Bruizzapalooza trip at Sugar Bowl, I demoed the 2010 Burton Hero ICS w/ Burton Triad bindings. Of the boards available by the time I got there, it was recommended by the Burton RV demo crew. Considering my terrain preference (80% freeride / 20% park), my measly quiver (typically ancient Burton Custom & '07 Rome Agent), and the day's conditions (about 6"-9" of fresh), it was a good choice.

It held its own during the first part of the day on the main runs & in the trees off the Lincoln chair. The nature of its design does really help with float in the pockets of deeper fluff we found out in the fun areas FAR looker's right of the Disney chair. It also wasn't too bad during our only run down one of the black diamonds looker's right of the Palisades. I guess I'm just used to something more stable & responsive, which (as noted in the magazine write-up) is one of the only areas reverse camber doesn't shine. Finally, it was TONS of fun (really playful when unweighting tip-to-tail & edge-to-edge in the VERY little buttering I do) closing the day out w/ a handful of laps thru the Judah parks.

All in all, reverse camber tech gets a thumbs up from me & I'd love to get another day or two on one, esp. to really lay some turns on groomers & hit wide open bowls. I want to know just how lacking in stability they are. Still, I'd do my research & hope that some form of reverse camber & maybe magne-traction-type tech were incorporated in a solid board for my skill level & riding preference. But then there's the whole issue about having the funds for this "dream" board.

Happy sliding, bruddah!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: rollcall...snowboarding...you know who you are.