rollcall...snowboarding...you know who you are. - Page 16 - i-Club

Old 02-18-2006, 08:22 PM   #226

Drives : 2004 WRX STi, 1999 Forester L
Having an awesome time in tahoe. Well except for the 4 hour backup getting in to soutlake last night. Arriving at 4am sucks. The plus side is there is lots of fresh powder. Also +1 for suby awd. I had a honda civic spin out in front of me on the drive up. I had to throw my dad's H6 outback around a bit when they came at me but I made it around them with a few inches of clearance. Anyways I did heavenly today and I'll be rocking kirkwood tomrrow. Look for me on the rails.

-Matt

Old 02-18-2006, 08:49 PM   #227

my most CURRENT setup is

06 burton shaun white board 152

06 burton motox boots

06 burton mission bindings

06 Section jacket and pants )can't find any pictures, but the jacket is white and black with stripes downt he arms, and the pants are black with different shades of black and white pin-striping

Old 02-18-2006, 09:17 PM   #228

Drives : '08 FSXT (Aspen White)
I'll be heading up to Kirkwood tomorrow morning (for the day).

-Mike-

Old 02-19-2006, 12:08 AM   #229

Drives : 2006 evo IX
Sierra was tight today

Knee deep powder in the trees, lift lines were very short

Old 02-19-2006, 12:56 AM   #230
General Pimpin'

Drives : MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
I'll be at bear for the day...sunday.

Old 02-19-2006, 01:05 AM   #231
General Pimpin'

All I have to say is.....JUSTIN>>>>>dude you're a savage. See you in about an hour...lol!!!!

Old 02-19-2006, 11:23 PM   #232
VIP Member

Drives : psm.03.wrx.wgn
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
I'll be at bear for the day...sunday.
Ray, please spare me the "gory" details of probably one of the best pow pow days out there. I read that the storm track called for some serious dumpage for mtn.s south of Hwy50. Damn, I bet you & Justin just went giddy. Yeah... I said giddy. I'm so jealous. I hope y'all tore it up & had y'allselves a blast.

For everyone else out there: I'm still gonna do the day trip on Tuesday for Sugar Bowl's $20 tix fundraiser (see my previous post above). Anyone down to meet up?

*still crossing fingers that I'm able to hunt down some precious untracked out there*

Old 02-20-2006, 07:28 PM   #233
General Pimpin'

dude.....seriously...the lightest powder I have not only ever seen but ever ridden. talking as light as it ever gets in utah status light. I'm gonna say it...yes....TOOOO light. No joke. my 166 sank a good foot plus down. SANK!!!!!! and the real steep parts of the hills the snow was so light that you'd just push right through it trying to turn. But I tell you what. FAST...fast as hell. You get moving and you just FLY!!!! so sick.

on the secret stashies we laid down 3 side by side lines of strait ILL turn. INSANE> for like...300 yards.

At one point I see the guys standing there looking for me and I go smashing by and just kill this one section..KILL it. I see these bushes and go to jump them only to see a flat landing and come to a complete halt actually in the bushes..haaa. I turn to see my brother flying toward me. before I could say anything he olleys and flies over ALL OF THEM. to flat bottom. To hand trag to turn.turn.turn.turn. one of the sickest things I have EVER seen him do if not the sickest. He said it made his season.

needless to say we killed it. I road both boards and determined my 166 kicks major ***. My set up was off so it was tough to right. Stance was a bit wide so my weight was over the middle of the board a bit to much for a day like this. But the thing flat halls ***. Justin was behind me a few times...he saw..he can TESTIFTY!!!..lol.

Justin is a strait savage man. I call the guy at no joke...no freakin joke 11:50 and say..dude...you up...he says...um yeah. LOL!!! I picked him up at like 1:30am...lol!! dawn came through as well. Dawn and Meg were at the house. Me justin jordan were killing it.

Oh.....and my tires...no good in snow...LOL> I'll let justin tell that one. I think it was more entertaining from the passenger seet.

Old 02-20-2006, 09:12 PM   #234

Drives : '06 black 2.5i
this weekend was so sickkkkk!!! went to kirkwood sat & sun... one of the best weekends of boardin ever!!

Old 02-20-2006, 09:50 PM   #235
VIP Member

Drives : psm.03.wrx.wgn
Ray & Justin: y'all are some lucky @$$ wankerz! Hopefully my tales of shreddin the Bowl tomorrow will be at least a quarter schweet of what y'all killed yesterday.

Btw, 06suba: you're a ******, too! The Wood?! After a pummelling of the serious light & dry! That must've been nutz!

Old 02-20-2006, 10:06 PM   #236
VIP Member

Drives : 02Wag on 17's
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
I road both boards and determined my 166 kicks major ***. My set up was off so it was tough to right. Stance was a bit wide so my weight was over the middle of the board a bit to much for a day like this. But the thing flat halls ***. Justin was behind me a few times...he saw..he can TESTIFTY!!!..lol.
NICE!

Sounds like a good day!

Old 02-20-2006, 10:10 PM   #237
General Pimpin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06suba
this weekend was so sickkkkk!!! went to kirkwood sat & sun... one of the best weekends of boardin ever!!
the wood must have been sick as hell on sat. and sunday morning. Probably PACKED as hell. Bear Valley sold out. Yeah they closed the parking lot.....

I find that kirkwood and bear valley get very very similar quality and quantity of snow. I've boarded them back to back one day to the next a few times over the years. And when I watch their reports they're usually pretty similar. Kirkwood gets a bit more at times and over all but bear keeps it pretty close considering they're about 1000 feet lower.

on a side note. Been talking to a few folks all season and I've found out so far that there are a ton of changes coming for bear. If I had the cash I'd invest in some housing anywhere withing an hour of bear right now...seriously. 2 new quads. They have 4 or 5 different bowls zoned and plan to expand to two of them possibly 3 in the next few years. Bear has the potential to become one of the sickest spots in california if they open up these two bowls I've been looking at for years and happened to be zoned and permitted. Crazy.

Also talking about another lift that I personally will do my best to get shot down....as will every local I've talked to.

back on kirkwood...wish I could have killed the peaks. I bet they were SIIIICK!!!!!!

in the steeps if you had the ***** to make small enough turns and keep your line the light snow was epic. INSANELY fast.

Old 02-20-2006, 10:14 PM   #238
General Pimpin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowball
NICE!

Sounds like a good day!

much thanks to you bro. We must hit the slopes.

We are planning the true wagon trip 06' sometime in march. we had the weather and some car issues working against us this past one so we're going for a do-over. I would be more than stoked if you would come. We're gonna pick to weekends and pretty much do the...if the weathers good it's a go kind of thing. Do your best to make it as a favor to me...been wanting to ride with your for days.

The board is flat sick. I honestly haven't been happier with my boards in a very very long time and I would not have gone santa cruz if it wasn't for you..and one of them I got on my own.haaa. speaking of which I may hit you up again next go around. My little bro is KILLING his board this year. If he can't do it...it's on me. His rail is gonna go some time this year.

anyways.......I'll keep you posted when the fellas pick the two weekends....maybe wed. night we'll get it rolling.

Old 02-21-2006, 01:03 AM   #239

Drives : '06 black 2.5i
yea kirkwood was sooo fun. i got my new ski rack on friday and used it for the first time... oh yaaaaa.

but we got busted for smoking 420 in the parking lot by the cops and my friend got a posession ticket LOL.. they were jerk cops too.

Old 02-21-2006, 10:03 AM   #240
VIP Member

Drives : '02 WRB WRX Wagon
Dude, the snow was bomb. I couldn't believe how much I sunk down into it. Several times it was thigh high, about 2.5 feet. And that 166 that Ray was riding is insane. Even with his bindings not setup good, him carving up some powder and me trying to catch up. I still barely caught up. That board rocks.

Yea, nothing like getting a call 11:30pm Saturday night, "wanna go boarding?". Hell yea I wanna go. Getting about 3 hours of sleep and tearing **** up the next day. There were still some spots that were not completely covered. I went over a gnarly rock and now have a nice scrape on the bottom. But oh well, it's time to get a new board anyway.