rollcall...snowboarding...you know who you are.

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2008, 05:22 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: psm.03.wrx.wgn
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
I can't remember what board it was but the owner of black flys ex wife was on the top graphic of a board in the mid 90's. Black board. Blonde lady. I was sitting there in the bar at summit in socal and he says yeah... that's my ex wife. I just started laughing. Haaaaa.
i found a pic of one of 'em. i was right about it being fr: Sims. somehow i don't remember ever seeing this particular one, with the girl-on-girl, though. the ones i remembered were an orange-red & only had one girl... a different video star depending on which size board it was.

Brianna & Jenna. FTW!
Name:  DSCF0287.jpg
Views: 42
Size:  102.9 KB

Found one of the Sims '04 Fader i saw back in the day @Tri-City (*sniff sniff* i miss that place)

Last edited by boardoholic; 10-03-2008 at 05:28 PM.
Old 10-03-2008, 05:41 PM

Car Info: 1999 RS Coupé- 1995 Mazda Miata -KTM 300
F that, give me an 80's bush graphic lol
Old 10-03-2008, 06:21 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by kYLEMtnCRUZr
F that, give me an 80's bush graphic lol
whatever floats your boat. since you asked, here ya go...

circa. 1988

circa. 1989

*shudders* you're one sick puppy, kyle!
Old 10-07-2008, 02:06 PM
VIP Member

Bumparooskee!!!

Attn: any of you Contra Costa County powderhounds!

Sports Basement Walnut Creek is hosting a Winter Kick-Off Mixer sponsored by SnowPals (SnowPals.org) tomorrow nite, Wed, 8 Oct, fr: 6-9pm.

Here's the event link... http://preview.evite.com/party/event/public/wcsb.
These events are a lot of fun w/ FREE raffles, give-aways, awesome grub & booze. They're bustin' out the Margarita Machine for this one, along with the usually beer & wine. Yes, you must be 21 to get yo' drank on!

Now, y'all might be wondering what SnowPals is all about. It's a recreation community (much like i-club) of snowsports enthusiasts who love to play in those beloved winter mountain playgrounds. This Yahoo group is a great way to hook up rideshares, info on discounts & deals for passes, tickets, lodging, etc., first-hand reports on conditions, plus a whole lot more. It's completely FREE to be a member. I've been one there longer than I've been one here, so 6+ years, back when they were known as Bay Area Ski & Snowboard (BASS).

Btw, you don't have to live in Contra Costa County to participate. Just be willing to make it there.

Anyway, I just wanted to give y'all the scoop. Did I already mention that this is 100% FREE?

Last edited by boardoholic; 10-07-2008 at 02:10 PM.
Old 10-07-2008, 02:22 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Hey cliff... that lil' storm didn't drop the required 3 inches. The bet is still on!

(of course I made it a bet and picked your day (halloween)... haaa)
Old 10-07-2008, 02:55 PM

all i ride are santa cruz duo's yea yeaaaaa let me know if u got one
Old 10-07-2008, 03:40 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by slow04wrx
all i ride are santa cruz duo's yea yeaaaaa let me know if u got one
I have one. I'd be getting a new one if they made more than just the 159's. What a stupid *** move on their part to limit the duo line to 159 only.

I was so confused by their decision to do that, that I wrote them an email.

WTF are they thinking. They limited a lot of their lines to one size and that's just stupid and lazy. What only 160-180 pounders are allowed to ride duo's now? WTF?

so pissed. If they do it again next year there's a good chance I'll be selling my SC boards and moving back over to burton. I love LOVE my duo but I gotta have a 163 or close to it. Just to big and I ride to aggressive to run a 159.

I wouldn't mind trying a Burton Malolo 162.

I really want a 164 Duo Platinum but they're no making them... GRRRRRRRR.
Old 10-07-2008, 04:30 PM
VIP Member

Hey cliff... that lil' storm didn't drop the required 3 inches. The bet is still on!

(of course I made it a bet and picked your day (halloween)... haaa)
Haaaa.... totally forgot that we put on our Swami hats & made those bold predictions! I didn't know it was an official bet.

*EDIT* And for some reason, I thought the did end up getting something close to 4, even 5 inches, up there. Boy! Was I optimistic! Even with 2", still cool to see the mtn get something!... vid of Season's First Snow @Heavenly Gondola (4 Oct 08) *EDIT*

So, looks like you're going with the Farmer's call for RAIN(yeah! Mtn Snow) during the last few days of Oct? What happened to your original thought of Nov. 6th, huh? Just messin' yo! How could you not go w/ the Farmer, right? Even if we don't get super-drenched thru most of Dec (as also predicted), I hope the ol' hick is right about temps staying nice n' low. That way, the resorts can keep the guns firing away to help out when Mother Nature can't squeeze it out.

Btw, I was thinking the BearValley SubaBrew Crew could meet up to share a pint or two or more (maybe sacrifice a virgin, if necessary) to help get the storm door stuck wide open. Sometime next month... maybe during the wknd of the Bay Area Snow Show in SJ (14-16 Nov)? As it is, I plan on being down that way that wknd. Whatcha t'ink, mon?!?

Last edited by boardoholic; 10-07-2008 at 04:39 PM.
Old 10-07-2008, 05:02 PM
General Pimpin'

That sounds awesome to me. No reason it has to be the "official" trip for all of us to get together.

I'm pretty packed up but if we pick a couple dates maybe we can all narrow it down.

Yeah I was off I guess...haaaa. I usually go with the farmers but I didn't think it was gonna be cold enough until early november. WAY off.

So I guess I do loose. First round is on me. They got 4 plus inches. NUTS.

WOOT.
Old 10-09-2008, 10:29 AM

Car Info: '05 crystalgrey sti
Have any of you stayed here?

http://www.theblockhotels.com/tahoe/

Seems pretty sick....and all rooms come standard with the following:

* TV
* PS2
* Glove/Boot Dryer
* Mini Fridge
* Board Racks
* iPod/MP3 Compatible Stereo
* Free Wireless
* Free DVD, Video Game, XXX rentals
* Free PBR & Energy Drinks
Old 10-09-2008, 10:35 AM

Car Info: Cage and Slicks and Wing OH MY!!
the block is only a party spot. dont plan on getting any sleep if you go there.
Old 10-09-2008, 10:44 AM

Car Info: 2005 WRX, tuned by Ed@EQ
i stayed three hotels down from the block one weekend last season and i didn't get sleep - can only imagine what goes on there
Old 10-09-2008, 10:49 AM

Car Info: '05 crystalgrey sti
Originally Posted by porTURBOer
i stayed three hotels down from the block one weekend last season and i didn't get sleep - can only imagine what goes on there
It seems no matter where I go to shred, I never get sleep anyway.

Whether its at a cabin trip, or staying at the Best Western in Amador, I always turn into a night owl. For example, if I'm in Amador, I always end up playing cards at the Rancheria 'til four in the morning the night before we ride. None the less, no matter how long the night before was, I always end up having a good time riding...I guess its just being out of the bay and in the mountains...
Old 10-09-2008, 11:04 AM
General Pimpin'

Friend of mine knows some folks at the block. I think I might make a trip this season with them.
Old 10-09-2008, 11:46 AM

I have one. I'd be getting a new one if they made more than just the 159's. What a stupid *** move on their part to limit the duo line to 159 only.

I was so confused by their decision to do that, that I wrote them an email.

WTF are they thinking. They limited a lot of their lines to one size and that's just stupid and lazy. What only 160-180 pounders are allowed to ride duo's now? WTF?

so pissed. If they do it again next year there's a good chance I'll be selling my SC boards and moving back over to burton. I love LOVE my duo but I gotta have a 163 or close to it. Just to big and I ride to aggressive to run a 159.

I wouldn't mind trying a Burton Malolo 162.

I really want a 164 Duo Platinum but they're no making them... GRRRRRRRR.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

are you serious, that **** is meant to hit the powder..........my 163 duo beta is beat up, then I also picked up a ridden once 159 duo gold series glx with the stars on it, and also have a 159 duo glx from a couple years ago, unridden still. The 163 is beat to a bloody pulp................so I guess I won't be getting another 163........fing lame.

my buddy has a 159 duo beta still, and a 163 glx same as my 159. Has an older costandache................

were pudwhackers what can I say..............

but the duo is unlike anything else!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: rollcall...snowboarding...you know who you are.