question for i-club parents...

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2015, 11:54 AM

Car Info: AW Pig-STI
Hey Brian,

You been holding out on me about something?!??

LeftLaneNews Mobile Version

Sorry don't have the i-club app and have to cut paste.

The Exiga looks to be coming to U.S. But geez some of these name choices? Ascent or I guess Sojourn for my vote.

-------------
By Ben Hsu
Saturday, May 30th, 2015 @ 2:01 PM
A recent Subaru owner's survey revealed that the company is considering a 7-seater crossover for the US market.

In the survey, which was shared to Jalopnik with the owner, Subaru asks, "In thinking about the Subaru brand and the possibility of a 7 passenger vehicle being offered in the future, please rate how well you like these names for the new vehicle? [sic]." The survey then asks for a rating from 1-10 for seven potential names: Centauri, Cypress, Ascent, Meridian, Sojourn, and Columbia.

The car in question is likely a version of the recently launched Japan-market Crossover 7, based on a concept from the 2013 Tokyo Motor Show. That vehicle itself was based on a three-row Exiga wagon that's been on sale since 2008, but Outback-ified with a raised ride height and more durable body cladding.

The Crossover 7 is powered by Subaru's 2.5-liter boxer four mated with a continuously variable transmission. The company has hinted as early as 2013 that there'd be a three-row crossover launching as a 2016 model.

Subaru has not had a three-row, 7-seat vehicle in its lineup since the B9 Tribeca ended production in January 2014.
Old 06-04-2015, 09:27 AM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
question for i-club parents...

Yeah, that just happened. 07 Burb LTZ 5.3L, fully loaded, 152k miles. got it for $15k, which is $3k less than book. I expect it to need some TLC, but its in great shape over all, especially the interior.
Attached Thumbnails question for i-club parents...-5ba2db439f08b3dea2b1837813605d46x.jpg  
Old 06-04-2015, 09:45 AM

Car Info: AW Pig-STI
Originally Posted by joltdudeuc
Yeah, that just happened. 07 Burb LTZ 5.3L, fully loaded, 152k miles. got it for $15k, which is $3k less than book. I expect it to need some TLC, but its in great shape over all, especially the interior.
Nice find. Don't those engines last forever, and are cheap to replace regardless?

As long as you've got the space to store it, seems like a great deal!
Old 06-04-2015, 09:52 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '00 BRP RS Sedan / '04 PSM FXT (RIP)
AHAHAHAHAHA! I've been looking at 'burbans for about a month now and I definitely want white. Good for you!

-Brian
Old 06-04-2015, 09:55 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '00 BRP RS Sedan / '04 PSM FXT (RIP)
Originally Posted by CHESTON
Hey Brian,

You been holding out on me about something?!??

LeftLaneNews Mobile Version

Sorry don't have the i-club app and have to cut paste.

The Exiga looks to be coming to U.S. But geez some of these name choices? Ascent or I guess Sojourn for my vote.

-------------
By Ben Hsu
Saturday, May 30th, 2015 @ 2:01 PM
A recent Subaru owner's survey revealed that the company is considering a 7-seater crossover for the US market.

In the survey, which was shared to Jalopnik with the owner, Subaru asks, "In thinking about the Subaru brand and the possibility of a 7 passenger vehicle being offered in the future, please rate how well you like these names for the new vehicle? [sic]." The survey then asks for a rating from 1-10 for seven potential names: Centauri, Cypress, Ascent, Meridian, Sojourn, and Columbia.

The car in question is likely a version of the recently launched Japan-market Crossover 7, based on a concept from the 2013 Tokyo Motor Show. That vehicle itself was based on a three-row Exiga wagon that's been on sale since 2008, but Outback-ified with a raised ride height and more durable body cladding.

The Crossover 7 is powered by Subaru's 2.5-liter boxer four mated with a continuously variable transmission. The company has hinted as early as 2013 that there'd be a three-row crossover launching as a 2016 model.

Subaru has not had a three-row, 7-seat vehicle in its lineup since the B9 Tribeca ended production in January 2014.
I haven't been, I promise

It's all going to come down to price for me (and the timeframe for deliveries to begin). A used Suburban is making a lot of sense aside from the horrid fuel economy.

-Brian
Old 06-04-2015, 11:33 AM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
Originally Posted by CHESTON
Nice find. Don't those engines last forever, and are cheap to replace regardless?

As long as you've got the space to store it, seems like a great deal!
LSx Engines do last forever. And they are cheap to replace if need be.

The 4L60E transmissions will not last, but to rebuild one with better plates/clutches etc so that it's better than OEM is like $2400 including the labor, R&R etc. So yeah, I'm going to save myself a lot of money and take my chances.

Having owned the 2001 Silverado with the 4.8L and the same transmission... This one feels great, and shouldn't have any issues. Going to install a transmission cooler anyways though, cheap insurance.
Old 06-04-2015, 12:48 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '02 WRB WRX Wagon
LSx Engines do last forever. And they are cheap to replace if need be.

The 4L60E transmissions will not last, but to rebuild one with better plates/clutches etc so that it's better than OEM is like $2400 including the labor, R&R etc. So yeah, I'm going to save myself a lot of money and take my chances.

Having owned the 2001 Silverado with the 4.8L and the same transmission... This one feels great, and shouldn't have any issues. Going to install a transmission cooler anyways though, cheap insurance.
This one has AFM right? Check for oil consumption issues. I'm looking into catch cans to install on my trucks 5.3 to hopefully prevent any issues from coming up. Nobody has any direct proof that the AFM is what is causing the oil consumption issues, but a catch can is supposed to be pretty cheap insurance.