question for i-club parents...

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2015, 09:13 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: .
Originally Posted by sigma pi
HOLY CRAP!! how much did that cost you?!?!?!?

its $100 to get in per person!
a lot

plus two kids / two adults for medieval times lol

i have my annual pass, plus i had like $450 in disney rewards credit from my CC. and i get discounted park tickets through my credit union, better than AAA or other discounts. i only had to buy park tickets for them, two day non hopper per kid were like 155, adult two day non hopper was like 160. my reward points pretty much paid for their tix.
parking each day is 17 per day. hotel was 80 per night, three nights. gas was like 110. 15-20% discount on all the food helped buying kids meals, and bringing your own snacks into the park lol

Last edited by Rescuer; 04-27-2015 at 09:28 AM.
Old 04-27-2015, 09:41 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '00 BRP RS Sedan / '04 PSM FXT (RIP)
Forester. Trust me. You will need more space than almost any sedan can provide (least of all an Impreza). I have a five year old and a three year old and we're going to be getting a Toyota Sienna AWD in the next six months, FWIW.

-Brian
Old 04-27-2015, 09:58 AM

Car Info: AW Pig-STI
You know... If only SOA listened to me and brought over the Exiga (if unfamiliar, think 3-row Legacy wagon) we wouldn't be having this discussion (esp. the STi version).

But yeah, looks like Forester meets your stated requirements the best at this time. Besides...then you can also run with the wagon crews!!!!

Damn website wont let me add this link properly so here. http://www.sti.jp/product/exiga/

Last edited by CHESTON; 04-27-2015 at 10:02 AM.
Old 04-27-2015, 10:39 AM
I survived the Mod Challenge and all I got was this lousy title

Car Info: ...zeh car drives you!
HOLY CRAP!! how much did that cost you?!?!?!?

its $100 to get in per person!
Originally Posted by Rescuer
a lot

i have my annual pass, plus i had like $450 in disney rewards credit from my CC. and i get discounted park tickets through my credit union, better than AAA or other discounts. i only had to buy park tickets for them, two day non hopper per kid were like 155, adult two day non hopper was like 160. my reward points pretty much paid for their tix.
parking each day is 17 per day. hotel was 80 per night, three nights. gas was like 110. 15-20% discount on all the food helped buying kids meals, and bringing your own snacks into the park lol
$100 ticket AND $17 parking per day?! I never realized how much that ish cost! Disney extorts parents via their kids!!!
Old 04-27-2015, 10:58 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by LxJLthr
$100 ticket AND $17 parking per day?! I never realized how much that ish cost! Disney extorts parents via their kids!!!
they've been raising prices pretty much each year. this past year they did TWO increases. the one recently was probably to get more money from the high demand and their 60 year diamond celebration coming up

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-f...223-story.html

Last edited by Rescuer; 04-27-2015 at 11:00 AM.
Old 04-27-2015, 11:21 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by CHESTON
You know... If only SOA listened to me and brought over the Exiga (if unfamiliar, think 3-row Legacy wagon) we wouldn't be having this discussion (esp. the STi version).

But yeah, looks like Forester meets your stated requirements the best at this time. Besides...then you can also run with the wagon crews!!!!

Damn website wont let me add this link properly so here. STI - EXIGA 2.0GT tuned by STI

I've been pumping the good ship Exiga in every one of these threads for years with nothing to show for it. I've now relegated myself to the "SOA doesn't give any sh**s about you" mentality and just recommend people get the biggest car they can stand if/when you have kids. You need at least one of the them if your other car is can't properly answer the question "will it baby".

-Brian
Old 04-27-2015, 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by eastbaysubaru
I've been pumping the good ship Exiga in every one of these threads for years with nothing to show for it. I've now relegated myself to the "SOA doesn't give any sh**s about you" mentality and just recommend people get the biggest car they can stand if/when you have kids. You need at least one of the them if your other car is can't properly answer the question "will it baby".

-Brian
Oh I am with you there. I miss existence of proper honest reasonably priced wagon in the US market. Seems like all other counties get a good selection except us...because 'Murica?! How did parents manage perfectly well in prior decades without today's Canyoneros? And "will it baby" is very relative...I've met people that "baby" in 3000GTs and Corvettes
Old 04-27-2015, 12:22 PM
VIP Member

Oh I am with you there. I miss existence of proper honest reasonably priced wagon in the US market. Seems like all other counties get a good selection except us...because 'Murica?! How did parents manage perfectly well in prior decades without today's Canyoneros? And "will it baby" is very relative...I've met people that "baby" in 3000GTs and Corvettes
Yeah, it's seriously frustrating and I don't see it subsiding anytime soon. They just shift the market a bit (SUVs to CUVs to ???).

I know it varies from person to person/couple to couple, but there is no way in hell anyone is fitting a modern rear-facing child seat in the back of a 3000GT and sitting in the front seat (unless they're paraplegic and have no legs). I suppose one could put a rear-facing car seat in the front of a vette but where does mom sit?

-Brian
Old 04-27-2015, 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by eastbaysubaru
Yeah, it's seriously frustrating and I don't see it subsiding anytime soon. They just shift the market a bit (SUVs to CUVs to ???).

I know it varies from person to person/couple to couple, but there is no way in hell anyone is fitting a modern rear-facing child seat in the back of a 3000GT and sitting in the front seat (unless they're paraplegic and have no legs). I suppose one could put a rear-facing car seat in the front of a vette but where does mom sit?

-Brian
No, the 3kGT couple is just more European sized ...but don't ask me, somehow they made it work. Regarding the vette...what mom (single dad)?!
Old 04-27-2015, 01:53 PM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
Originally Posted by Rescuer
a lot

Did you smuggle in your own fork and knife?
ugh even with good discounts its $$$ haha. The only saving grace is you can bring in food and drinks.
Old 04-27-2015, 01:58 PM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
Heaven forbid you buy food or drinks in the park!!!
Old 04-27-2015, 02:11 PM
VIP Member

Heaven forbid you buy food or drinks in the park!!!
WHO WANTS A CHURRO? ME ME ME ME!

$4 EACH x 4

lol

an hour later I WANT A PRETZEL!

you can get water free in the park at most restaurants , or it's better to just refill a nalgene type bottle. kids meals can come with apple juices or milk

best to bring kids snacks, apple slices, carrots, clementines, gummy things, etc.

now i want a damn churro

Last edited by Rescuer; 04-27-2015 at 02:13 PM.
Old 04-27-2015, 02:15 PM

ugh even with good discounts its $$$ haha. The only saving grace is you can bring in food and drinks.
Damn...they allow you the freedom of your own water, snacks and beverage containers?! I expected them to make like TSA and confiscate that stuff at the door! Small bottle of water, you say? That be $5 please!
Old 04-27-2015, 02:19 PM
VIP Member

lol i've been to medieval times like 30+ times in my life, i eat with my fingers !
Old 04-28-2015, 09:12 AM

Car Info: 04 STi
I'm a stay at home dad and use my 04 STi. Car seats and strollers fit fine, at first we used a Britax infant carrier with b agile stroller, now I use a jogger stroller and Recaro car seat. Jogger fits, just have to take the front wheel off but I don't need a stroller for the car much now that he's two. Jogger stays in the garage for walks to the park.

For trips I'd imagine the STi would be too small for camping with tent, ice chest, stroller, car seat, etc. I could get by minus the stroller I think. But we have a truck for situations like that.

Quick Reply: question for i-club parents...