PSA: Crossing double yellows = illegal!

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2014, 10:20 AM

Car Info: 13' WRB STi 5 door
Originally Posted by DocNeon
Hey guys. This is my first time seeing this. Yes it was a bad judgement call but I didn't expect the lane to end so quick and I didn't want to cut off the other car in mid turn. So I made the choice to continue to go around him. Some might think I was being an *** but I was honestly trying to not be an *** and cut him off. I don't normally cross double solids or intentionally do things to jeopardize the safety of others. I enjoy spirited driving and don't want to see people get hurt. Just want everyone to know where I was coming from. Sorry if it's not what others would have done but at the moment it seemed like the best choice.
I think you did the best at the given time. Anyone can sit and say you should of done this or should of done that, but when your in the heat of the moment, you have no time to think it COMPLETELY through. You made the best choice with the time given. Was it the best choice? It's honestly hard to say. No one is perfect. All we can do is learn how to deal with certain situations.
Old 05-11-2014, 12:37 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 05 WRX
Originally Posted by DocNeon
Hey guys. This is my first time seeing this. Yes it was a bad judgement call but I didn't expect the lane to end so quick and I didn't want to cut off the other car in mid turn. So I made the choice to continue to go around him. Some might think I was being an *** but I was honestly trying to not be an *** and cut him off. I don't normally cross double solids or intentionally do things to jeopardize the safety of others. I enjoy spirited driving and don't want to see people get hurt. Just want everyone to know where I was coming from. Sorry if it's not what others would have done but at the moment it seemed like the best choice.
You and your friends need to take it to the track. Give us a bad name why don't you.
Old 05-11-2014, 12:51 PM

Car Info: 2013 STi 5-door
I love everyone acts like they have never crossed a double yellow or have never broke a traffic law. Also its always easier to think after the fact what you could of done different. No one here can make the best decision at a split second. If you think you can you must be super human.
Old 05-11-2014, 01:16 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 05 WRX
Originally Posted by WRBSTi13
I love everyone acts like they have never crossed a double yellow or have never broke a traffic law. Also its always easier to think after the fact what you could of done different. No one here can make the best decision at a split second. If you think you can you must be super human.
DocNeon was driving like a ******** on public roads, most of us don't do that so stop defending a ********. He could have killed someone with his ******** moves.
Old 05-11-2014, 01:44 PM
Yeah, You've Probably Never Heard Of Me.

Car Info: 345/30/19s
wow, Imagine if all of us went around to register on BMW forums just to complain to them every time we spot one acting like a idiot