Out-of State Citations Question...

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2016, 07:02 AM
I survived the Mod Challenge and all I got was this lousy title

Car Info: ...zeh car drives you!
Out-of State Citations Question...

Does anyone know how California DMV handles moving vehicle violations issued to its residents while traveling in other states (Maryland in this case)? Or can point me to a good reference source?

Does California participate in any state information exchange accords (or whatever they are called)? How do the points transfer? How soon do they know or check? Do they even? Etc etc etc...
Old 02-26-2016, 07:28 AM

Car Info: http://kiva.org/invitedby/brett4254
I know that a few years back my buddy got nailed in Utah and a couple of months later the CA DMV suspended his license
Old 02-26-2016, 07:53 AM

Car Info: 05 wrx wagon, 90 celica alltrac, 66 mustang
Originally Posted by LxJLthr
Does anyone know how California DMV handles moving vehicle violations issued to its residents while traveling in other states (Maryland in this case)? Or can point me to a good reference source?

Does California participate in any state information exchange accords (or whatever they are called)? How do the points transfer? How soon do they know or check? Do they even? Etc etc etc...
Are you still over here? I thought you moved back west. I has a new phone and lost all my contacts.
Old 02-26-2016, 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by Lowend
I know that a few years back my buddy got nailed in Utah and a couple of months later the CA DMV suspended his license
Damn. What did he do? How advanced of warning did he get? Did he try to fight it via administration hearing (or whatever)?

I know neighboring/surrounding states almost always have regional information exchange agreements (make perfect sense). Ex. Maryland-Virginia, Illinois-Indiana, California-Utah, etc since those residents stand a high chance of crossing into those territories on regular basis. But I have zero precedence about cross country situations. E.I. Maryland is part of a regional East Coast 13 state pact, which California is not a part off.

I currently have an attorney retained in Maryland and my case is still in process with hopes that it gets squashed at it source. Obviously, he doesn't know California law and I am slowly starting to prepare for worst case scenario.
Old 02-26-2016, 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by queeg9k
Are you still over here? I thought you moved back west. I has a new phone and lost all my contacts.
No. I keep getting my return date pushed out. As of right now it is March 21st, but who knows

And I had the same phone situation right before Thanksgiving and keep forgetting to rebuilt my list. I will PM you.
Old 02-26-2016, 11:06 AM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
I am scared to ask what you are accused of
Old 02-26-2016, 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by sigma pi
I am not. LxJLthr what are you accused of?
Old 02-26-2016, 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by sigma pi
Originally Posted by queeg9k
I am not. LxJLthr what are you accused of?
What's the worst that a bald shaddy Russian can be accused off?! Wait...don't answer that...

Sorry guys. The case is still ongoing and I am waiting my day in court. I do not want to list anything publicly.
Old 02-26-2016, 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by LxJLthr
What's the worst that a bald shaddy Russian can be accused off?! Wait...don't answer that...

Sorry guys. The case is still ongoing and I am waiting my day in court. I do not want to list anything publicly.
texted you a picture of the Enola Gay and an SR71 blackbird so you know it is me.
Old 02-26-2016, 04:20 PM

Car Info: http://kiva.org/invitedby/brett4254
Greg is a long story... but ultimately he was busted for driving in Utah with California plates

He got pulled over - searched and the cop ended up planting a bag of weed "cocaine kit" on him and busting him for possession of drugs/paraphernalia.
Greg would have had to go back to Utah to fight the citation. He looked up the judge and he had an insane conviction rate. Apparently traffic citations were a major source of revenue for the country.

SO- he lost his license for 6 months
Old 02-26-2016, 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by Lowend
Greg is a long story... but ultimately he was busted for driving in Utah with California plates

He got pulled over - searched and the cop ended up planting a bag of weed "cocaine kit" on him and busting him for possession of drugs/paraphernalia.
Greg would have had to go back to Utah to fight the citation. He looked up the judge and he had an insane conviction rate. Apparently traffic citations were a major source of revenue for the country.

SO- he lost his license for 6 months
InB4Overbear

That's insane and not right at all, but I feel his pain right now.

I probably could have bought a used bug eye for the price of my attorney, but I cannot afford to have this come back to CA. License suspension would be equivalent to a felony for me.