Official: Your 2013 Oakland Athletics Baseball Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2013, 01:18 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: psm.03.wrx.wgn
Official: Your 2013 Oakland Athletics Baseball Thread

Not sure about all you other A's fans (or MLB fans in general), but I'm stoked for the upcoming season!

After last year's awesome run and savvy (& interesting) off-season moves, the A's are poised to repeat as AL West "titleholder." Even with the Angels loading up even more on offense and the Rangers remaining strong, I think the A's have much more balance overall and much stronger pitching in both starting rotation & relief than LAA & TEX. 'Tis gonna be fun 3-way battle!

Although their spring record isn't stellar (which isn't a HUGE indicator for the 162-game season anyway), the lineup has been showing that their pop last year was no fluke. And the defense & pitching has been solid. Plus, it's nice to see the prospects in action and what's in store for a year or two or three down the line.

Looking forward to who exactly emerges as the 2B cuz no one healthy has stood out. Sogard has looked good over the last few. Oh! And did anyone watch the game vs. the Giants on Sat? Especially Cepedes' homer off Lincecum? I continue to remain in awe of Yoenis' power. I love the violence of his swing!

LET'S GO OAKLAND!
Old 03-25-2013, 01:25 PM
Nobody likes the tuna here

Car Info: 03 SRP WRX Street Class Prepped, 17 Chevy Duramax
This year. Pls..... Bay bridge series.
Old 03-25-2013, 06:59 PM

Car Info: New Government Motors SUV!
Already got ticks to see Boston and the Cubs this season.

I really hate to have any expectations after last year's tremendous run, but I do. There's a lot of the same core group with even more depth. No need for the heart attack walk offs again, put em down early and often.
Old 03-26-2013, 11:29 PM
VIP Member

Anyone gonna be at AT&T or O.co this Thurs, Fri or Sat? I'm considering hitting up Fri nite's game in SF.
Old 03-28-2013, 02:06 PM

Car Info: 2005 STi
Ill be at Saturdays game and next Tuesdays..... I have 4 tickets for sale for next Thursdays game... I believe they are section 110/111... Row 5... Anyone interested? It's ves the Mariners and game starts at 12:30...
Old 03-28-2013, 11:30 PM
VIP Member

I've been emailing sellers on craigslist for the past hour for tix to tmrw nite's game @ at&t.

One of my buddies is a maybe, and everyone else is passing on it.

In case I get no takers to join me, anyone A's or Giants fans out there wanna roll?
Old 03-29-2013, 09:02 AM

Car Info: Eq TuNeD vF43 bUgEyE
I was at the game last night, good win for the A's.

A fight broke out between 2 A's fans and 2 Giants fans. The 2 A's fans tried to walk away but one of the giants fan came out of no where and sucker punched one of the guy and knocked him out then took off. For some reason, the other Giant fan came in and started kicking the guy in the head while he was down, that's when the cops/security came and arrested him. 2nd A's fan just stood there pretty much and watched his friend get punched and kicked.

I don't understand why these things keep happening, it's just a GAME!
Old 03-29-2013, 04:37 PM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
Yes!!!!!
Old 04-01-2013, 06:18 PM

Lets go Oakland!!!

Show Seattle how well they spent their money on Stink Felix.
Old 04-01-2013, 09:57 PM

And they give away the opener again. Find another tradition would ya guys?
Old 04-03-2013, 07:16 PM

Can't tell if Parker and Milone are starting off real slow, or if Seattle brought in some serious bats.
Old 04-05-2013, 01:50 PM
VIP Member

I was relieved that the A's were able to salvage a split w/ the M's. Those 1st two games looked a lot like the A's of the first half of last season. Yesterday & Wed looked much more like the team that pitched & hit their way into the playoffs during the 2nd half of 2012.

A day facing King Felix is gonna be a rough one for any team. I was just hoping that they'd have a better showing the next day. The fact that they couldn't get their bats going wasn't very confidence inspiring for Parker & the relievers.

Re: Seattle bringing in some bats... they've got Morse (who quickly showed exactly why he was brought in) as well as Ibanez & Morales (Yeah, their getting long in the tooth, but they've got more pop than what was already there). Parker didn't have a good game, but Milone settled in nicely after the rough start.

And not that I have to say it, but our A's are no slouches in the power dept either. They're not stacked like the Angels or even TEX, but they've got some bangers. I have lots of faith that the lineup will be back on track w/ having productive at-bats. I also have a strong feeling that they'll continue to be amongst league leaders in strikeouts.

This wknd, we need them to handle the 'stros like they should. It'd be a nice boost going into the next 2 series vs. LAA & Det.
Old 04-05-2013, 04:28 PM

Yeah, the strike outs worry me the most. And when they're striking out a lot, they tend to miss out on situational hits (ie leaving several stranded on base).

On the other hand, I've got lots of faith in the full starting rotation and the bullpin. The talent is there to keep them in the game even when the offense is getting shut down.

What Parker, Milone, AJ all did last year was nothing short of incredible.
Old 04-07-2013, 04:09 PM

I for one, would like to welcome the Astros to the AL West!

Also. Reddick you crazy bastard! All that for a foul ball in a game you're already winning? I hope it's not as serious as it looked.

EDIT: X-rays come back negative on Anderson and Reddick. Looks like Reddick has a really bad sprain on his throwing hand.

Last edited by Superglue WRX; 04-07-2013 at 04:50 PM.
Old 04-09-2013, 10:56 PM

Woot!

Parker is off to a tough start, but the offense bailed him out. Nice win!

Quick Reply: Official: Your 2013 Oakland Athletics Baseball Thread