Official: SF Giants 2016 Season Thread!

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2015, 01:41 PM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
Originally Posted by TurnWRX
Dodgers trade 2 prospects for Aroldis Chapman. They are also signing Hisashi Iwakuma. Wonder what that means for current closer Kenley Jansen
He has been shakey, maybe setup?
Old 12-07-2015, 06:33 PM

Car Info: AW Pig-STI
Originally Posted by sigma pi
He has been shakey, maybe setup?
From what I've seen they may try to play the match ups card to end games. Thought since it appears both will be free agents next year maybe one will get pissed?

Who knows.

Of course, I have heard rumblings that the trade isn't 100% slam dunk yet and maybe another D-bags style snipe may happen...
Old 12-07-2015, 07:48 PM

Car Info: Nadda
Shark's #'s aren't great
Cain is an unknown which means he can't be counted on
Heston has it or he doesn't
Leake go running? He's consistent
Peavy is barely escaping 3-4 runs by the 5th is a decent day
Bumgarner is going to make more money than Greinke.
I hope the Giants are working them prospects, probably going to need a few of them soon.
Who replaces affelt? Timmy?
Old 12-07-2015, 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by iLoqin
Shark's #'s aren't great
Cain is an unknown which means he can't be counted on
Heston has it or he doesn't
Leake go running? He's consistent
Peavy is barely escaping 3-4 runs by the 5th is a decent day
Bumgarner is going to make more money than Greinke.
I hope the Giants are working them prospects, probably going to need a few of them soon.
Who replaces affelt? Timmy?
I'm sure they're hoping Osich replaces Alfac (what we call him in our house) but what was unique about him was that he could get lefties and righties both out.

Timmy? You mean Lincecum? Thank you for your years but not sad to see that $22m reallocated towards other parts of the team. Wish him well.

And I'm hearing that the Dodgers trade for Chapman is held up due to concerns about domestic violence situation in late October? Hmmm.... Curiouser and curiouser...
Old 12-08-2015, 08:26 AM
Bad Mudder Trucker

Car Info: 2013 Forester on Towstrap
Hmmm wonder if that Chapman trade is going to get derailed
Old 12-08-2015, 08:34 AM
9 to 5 mod

Originally Posted by CHESTON
From what I've seen they may try to play the match ups card to end games. Thought since it appears both will be free agents next year maybe one will get pissed?

Who knows.

Of course, I have heard rumblings that the trade isn't 100% slam dunk yet and maybe another D-bags style snipe may happen...
Aaaaaand he is in legal trouble.
Old 12-08-2015, 08:42 AM
Bad Mudder Trucker

Aaaaaand he is in legal trouble.
Now that Greinke is gone. Who is your number 2?
Old 12-08-2015, 03:45 PM
9 to 5 mod

Originally Posted by The Law
Now that Greinke is gone. Who is your number 2?
pfffft I think our number 2 is going to be a number 4 after the great combo we had last year
Old 12-08-2015, 05:50 PM

I was actually expecting him to get 100 million. I still think they are overpaying him, but I almost always think that with every player lol. The Giants value him because of this fastball speed, low mileage on his arm, and is an innings eater. But with a better defense behind him, and AT&T Park, he should post better numbers. BUT, Mike Leake pitched in AT&T and didn't put up great numbers. They will still go after Leake, but probably won't get him because of the Giants trying to lowball him (Leake wants a similar deal to Samardizja).

As for Zobrist, they want him because he's versatile at playing multiple positions. Don't think he's the answer to LF though. Still bummed they let Aoki go for no reason (they still owe Aoki $500k for a buyout). Want to talk about overpaying? They could've kept Aoki for $5 million, but instead, they want to take Zobrist for $15 million per year.

Giants still need another veteran SP. I wouldn't count on Cain being consistent, Heston is always up and down, Sarmardizja is unknown, and Peavy is also inconsistent and injury prone. If the Giants get Zobrist, I think the Giants are done acquiring free agents. The only way they're getting another pitcher is through trades.
Well, TurnWRX,
now there's no worries about paying for Zobrist.... He's chosen the Cubbies. Looks like Cubbies and D-bags are trying their best to prop up the contract levels for MLBPA!

but who's gonna be our LF? Fowler? Parra? or are we hoping that Tomlinson develops info a viable outfielder (reviews were pretty poor in the Fall League as I recall).
Old 12-08-2015, 06:09 PM
Bad Mudder Trucker

Damn they paid Zobrist $56 million for 4 years........
Old 12-08-2015, 06:35 PM

Kenley Jansen is reportedly angry about the Chapman trade. Even if Chapman ends up not being on the team, he's a free agent next season and may bolt. I wouldn't be surprised if the Dodgers pick up another starting pitcher or 2. One of them might be Japanese.

Giants are pinning their hopes on Pagan being good and healthy because it's a contract year. I say LOL to that. Pagan has never shown to be healthy ever.

I still wouldn't believe any reports saying that the Giants are interested in a big bat for LF. All speculation and they never end up making a splash. So I would take it with a grain of salt that the Giants are hot after Alex Gordon. They are hot after all top free agents, and they never sign.
Old 12-08-2015, 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by The Law
Damn they paid Zobrist $56 million for 4 years........
Well, better the Cubbies than us! LOL

Kenley Jansen is reportedly angry about the Chapman trade. Even if Chapman ends up not being on the team, he's a free agent next season and may bolt. I wouldn't be surprised if the Dodgers pick up another starting pitcher or 2. One of them might be Japanese.

Giants are pinning their hopes on Pagan being good and healthy because it's a contract year. I say LOL to that. Pagan has never shown to be healthy ever.

I still wouldn't believe any reports saying that the Giants are interested in a big bat for LF. All speculation and they never end up making a splash. So I would take it with a grain of salt that the Giants are hot after Alex Gordon. They are hot after all top free agents, and they never sign.
Well, it might not matter to Jensen if the trade isn't consummated. Figure the Dodgers'll pick up two pitchers, though I wouldn't mind if the Giants did a good run at Maeda.

Yes, Pagan when healthy is a force to be reckoned with. too bad he's healthy for 80 games a year, hobbles for another 20-40, and Disabled list for the remainder. Pretty sure that's how the numbers would average out over the entirety of time he's been with us.

Finally agreed that no Big Bat WANTS to come to SF. Of course, on those nice warm September days, the ball flies out of AT&T park. we'll see what develops. think we'll have clarity either by end of the Winter Meetings, but barring that, possibly very late (maybe late Jan) as they try to wait out the market as they always do....
Old 12-08-2015, 08:03 PM
Bad Mudder Trucker

Looks like Shelby Miller went to the Douche-backs.
Old 12-10-2015, 09:09 AM
9 to 5 mod

Winter talks, and its pretty damn quiet
Old 12-10-2015, 09:29 AM

Winter talks, and its pretty damn quiet
Well...maybe for the Dodgers and Giants, but other teams are doing stuff. Lol

Waiting to see how Maeda, Leake play out and what happens to Heyward, Parra and Fowler situations play out...

Quick Reply: Official: SF Giants 2016 Season Thread!