Official: Formula One Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2013, 08:32 AM

Car Info: Some sort of Subaru
Originally Posted by JZ oo7
1) Massa
Ferrari will tell Massa to allow Alonso to pass him.
Old 04-18-2013, 08:52 AM
Moist IT Outsourcing Services

Car Info: Mahindra Tractor
Originally Posted by G_Ride
Ferrari will tell Massa to allow Alonso to pass him.
Yup even though Massa has been driving like a beast thus far.
Old 04-21-2013, 11:17 AM

Car Info: 2006 WRX
I thought Sergio Perez' over aggressive driving was a little unnecessary today. I was impressed with Alonso considering he had 4 pit stops and his DRS was broken.
Old 04-21-2013, 12:20 PM
Moist IT Outsourcing Services

Car Info: Mahindra Tractor
Originally Posted by kbeetz
I thought Sergio Perez' over aggressive driving was a little unnecessary today. I was impressed with Alonso considering he had 4 pit stops and his DRS was broken.
Perez was being called 'soft' and wanted to show them otherwise. I think it was a bit sketchy at points, but it's motorsport so you should be pushing your limits.
Old 04-21-2013, 05:03 PM

Car Info: 1.8L FWD
rrrrriiiiiiiiing-a-ding-ding that's what i'm talking about finger dude won...again...lucky for the fights behind or else it would have been another Borain race.
Old 04-21-2013, 05:51 PM

Car Info: '02 PSM WRX
Originally Posted by rupees88
Perez was being called 'soft' and wanted to show them otherwise. I think it was a bit sketchy at points, but it's motorsport so you should be pushing your limits.
This is my first full season I've started watching F1, so forgive my n00bness on any history.

Wanting to prove people wrong is one thing, but forcing multiple drivers to go completely off is stupid. He's lucky he didn't cause any significant damage to a car, like he did to Kimi Raikkonen in China. Seeing him causing multiple offs here, and pushing Kimi off, I'm leaning towards wanting him to get a 1 race suspension to cool off.

On another note, Alonso was beasting it up with a broken DRS and a horrid position from having to pit multiple times early. And Hamilton moving over to Mercedez is looking to be a great move.
Old 04-21-2013, 07:48 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 05 WRX
Originally Posted by rupees88
Exactly. Whitmarsh and McLaren have been telling Perez to get aggressive and rub shoulders and now he did. He could turn out to be a good driver if he gets his confidence and his team backs him up
Old 04-21-2013, 08:03 PM

Car Info: 2001 Acura TL - 2016.5 Mazda CX-5
^Thats true. I just think from the broadcast point of view it looked crazy because coming off of turn 5 he pushed two people off, one being his own teammate button.

If Alonzo's DRS didnt break it would have been a great race. After his 2nd pit he was P17 and came all the way back to 8th which is amazing.

I really dislike Vettle but he had a pretty flawless race and deserved that win.
Old 04-21-2013, 08:12 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 05 WRX
Originally Posted by Snoopy408
^Thats true. I just think from the broadcast point of view it looked crazy because coming off of turn 5 he pushed two people off, one being his own teammate button.

If Alonzo's DRS didnt break it would have been a great race. After his 2nd pit he was P17 and came all the way back to 8th which is amazing.

I really dislike Vettle but he had a pretty flawless race and deserved that win.
I find it hard to dislike a dominant 3 time Champion like Vettel. That race in China where he broke team orders was a good example of why he has always (since his first Toro Rosso practice) been a #1 driver. He had saved an extra set of tyres in China practice while webber burned his extra set in free practice chasing a setup. Screw holding position while your less talented team mate nurses his tires till the end.

Webber will leave RedBull at the end of the season because he clearly hasn't accepted his #2 role and plenty others will be happy to be a #2 just to get in that chassis.

I wanna see what Di Resta can do in a top team
Old 04-21-2013, 08:23 PM

Car Info: 2001 Acura TL - 2016.5 Mazda CX-5
Originally Posted by glenspen
I find it hard to dislike a dominant 3 time Champion like Vettel. That race in China where he broke team orders was a good example of why he has always (since his first Toro Rosso practice) been a #1 driver. He had saved an extra set of tyres in China practice while webber burned his extra set in free practice chasing a setup. Screw holding position while your less talented team mate nurses his tires till the end.

Webber will leave RedBull at the end of the season because he clearly hasn't accepted his #2 role and plenty others will be happy to be a #2 just to get in that chassis.

I wanna see what Di Resta can do in a top team
Where did I mention China for disliking Vettle? and/or Webber and the Rebulls team dynamic? I simply said I really dislike Vettle. For all you know he called my sister fat or something.
I agree with you that Webber will be gone and it will be interesting to see who takes his place.
But yeah Di Resta and also Sutil are doing awesome. Force India are stepping it up big time.
Old 04-21-2013, 09:12 PM

Car Info: 2006 WRX
Vettel broke team orders in Malaysia not China. Id like to see what Kimi could do with Red Bull and from what everyone has been saying it seems like hes the top candidate for the spot if Webber does decide to leave.
Old 04-22-2013, 10:29 AM

Car Info: Some sort of Subaru
I finally had a chance to watch the Bahrain GP. I was not disappointed.
Old 04-22-2013, 10:43 AM

Force India in P4 was quite a shock for me. They are truly working their *** off!
Old 04-22-2013, 10:58 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2013 Toyota Prius Plug In 2011 Toyota Prius
Hamilton and Webber battle in Bahrain - GPUpdate.net
Old 04-22-2013, 11:24 AM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
My two favorite drivers got 1-2?!

Oh yes, LOVE this race!

Quick Reply: Official: Formula One Thread