Official: BAM 2013 Charity announcement.

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2013, 12:07 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Official: BAM 2013 Charity announcement.

I'm very excited to announce this years charity cause for BAM. This is one of major reasons I am doing what I'm doing and why I'm doing it with a smile on my face. Some of you will be familiar with Nathan as FFTEC was so gracious to host a dyno day for the same cause recently.

The cause came to my attention and it struck a cord with me and the rest of this year organization team.

This is a later I just received from Nathan's mother.

"Nathan Jovany Alonso is a 4 yr old boy who loves being active; whether its painting, playing soccer or riding his bike he loves to do it all. He was diagnosed with stage 4 Embryonal Rhabdomyosarcoma cancer on March 28, 2013. ERMS is a cancer made up of cells that normally develop into skeletal muscles. This cancer effects mainly infants and young children. The way we found out was that he was having abdominal pain which resulted in a tumor the size of a softball, it was removed successfully with surgery. His cancer had already spread to the bones, bone marrow and he has 5 little tumors growing on his neck, shoulder, spine and pelvic bone. Our treatment is said to last 54 weeks and since his chemo started it hasn't stopped him from doing what he loves. The strength that he shows throughout his journey thus far and the pain that he tolerates is incredible. We are so proud of him and his brother for being there when he needs it. Nathan's fight is an inspiration to all of us and we see life in a better perspective. No matter how big or small a problem may seem there is always a brighter side to it, all you have to do is fight. So many people have reached out to our family to help. We are greatful for all those people and for all they have done. It is just amazing what the spirit of a 4 yr old boy can do. He has brought together a community of people from different parts of the world, so we can bring awareness to childhood cancer because a kid can't fight cancer alone.

Best regards,

Lizzette Alonso"

It's getting late but I will add some links to the affliction they are going through.

100% of the BAM raffle will go to this family. An excess we have from the event will go there as well. My goals are high and I'll be pushing my vendors hard for raffle prizes and you members to buy raffle tickets.

We will also be putting up some auctions. All auction money will go to the family as well. So if you have something you'd like to donate for the raffle or to auction off for the family please PM or email me at One2OneDesigns@gmail.com.

If you can not make the event but would still like to contribute to the cause, feel free to send a paypal to One2OneDesigns@gmail.com. Please mark it specifically as a donation for Nathan so I will no to keep it separate from the event prepay and shirt prepay funds.

Thank you very much.

If you would like to follow Nathan and the Alonso family on this fight please check out these links.

https://www.facebook.com/NathanJovanyAlonso?fref=ts
https://www.giveforward.com/fundrais...gn=vanity_page
Old 06-27-2013, 07:26 AM
Nobody likes the tuna here

Car Info: 03 SRP WRX Street Class Prepped, 17 Chevy Duramax
Sticky and lock it maybe?
Old 06-27-2013, 07:41 AM

Car Info: 2008 SSM WRX Premium
Originally Posted by heedz
sticky and lock it maybe?
+1.
Old 06-27-2013, 09:05 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Inohaspowrsdu
Old 06-27-2013, 09:15 AM
BanHammer™

Car Info: 2001 Forester RS2 SPEC-F
but I do.

I closed the thread, I do not think there needs to be discussion on this topic. Its a good charity and the money is well deserved to help a small boy in need.