Official: BAM/Mt. Hammy 2k12 Charity Announcement

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2012, 06:49 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Official: BAM/Mt. Hammy 2k12 Charity Announcement

Hello folks. I know a lot of you have been wondering where the charity money was going. I've been keeping it under wraps for a while now for a few reasons.

So back story...

Joe/Subydude/Wheeldude. Hell of a guy. Some of you noobs won't know him or his family but take my word for it. Good people.

Without i-club their may not have been a subydude and without subydude there certainly wouldn't be a wheel dude and without wheel dude a hole lot of you would not be running so hellaflush. WHEELDUDE.COM.

And on the flip side, BAM itself would have a hard time being what it is without the help of Joe and the rest of the folks at Wheeldude. Joe and his family have been a valuable part of the i-club community since... well since before the split most of you probably don't know about. LOL.

So why Joe... well the charity money isn't for Joe but for Joe's son Jaxson.

Some of you may remember about a year and a half ago another valuable member of our community going through a family battle. The Levy's, Noah and Dylan (Dylan W Levy - About Me) especially. Dylan was born with Biliary Atresia and needed a liver transplant in order to live. Noah gave it to him. Well Joe's son Jax and the entire Soriano family are under taking the same battle. Jax is in need of a liver transplant and there is a huge push to make that happen.

In talking with Noah and several other people I felt like it was time as a community that we step up and help our community members even if it's in a small way. I hope that Joe and his family will accept this for Jax on behalf of myself and the i-club community. Even if it's a small dent I hope we can help bring a little hope and a hole lot of positive energy to the Soriano family.

The link to the drive underway for Jaxson is
DonorPages by DonorPerfect

If you want to read more about Jaxson, the Soriano's and the disorder

I'd really like to thank our vendors for stepping up big time in helping put together a solid list or raffle prizes without knowing the cause. And I want to thank all you BAM attendees for stepping up and buying raffle tickets as I know you will and all raffle proceeds will go to the fund to get Jax the medical care he needs.

If any of you vendors or members have questions please feel free to contact me at One2OneDesigns@gmail.com. If anyone cares to add to the raffle please feel free to drop me a line at the same address and let me know what you're bringing to the table so I can add it to the website and the thread. And if you want to throw any extra cash in you can paypal the same address and mark it TO JAXSON so I'll know to earmark it for the charity check. Or you can donate directly on the links above.

These are great people and this is a great cause. I really hope we can keep doing positive things with our community.

Take care.
Old 09-13-2012, 07:15 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '02 WRB WRX Wagon
Old 09-13-2012, 08:45 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: psm.03.wrx.wgn
Awesome! A very worthy cause indeed!
Old 09-13-2012, 08:58 PM
It's QQ thankyouverymuch

Car Info: 2011 SWP WRX Hatch
Name:  xqBHt.gif
Views: 6
Size:  102.3 KB
Old 09-13-2012, 09:39 PM
Former Sponsor

Car Info: WRX, EVO, MSP3
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
Hello folks. I know a lot of you have been wondering where the charity money was going. I've been keeping it under wraps for a while now for a few reasons.

So back story...

Joe/Subydude/Wheeldude. Hell of a guy. Some of you noobs won't know him or his family but take my word for it. Good people.

Without i-club their may not have been a subydude and without subydude there certainly wouldn't be a wheel dude and without wheel dude a hole lot of you would not be running so hellaflush. WHEELDUDE.COM.

And on the flip side, BAM itself would have a hard time being what it is without the help of Joe and the rest of the folks at Wheeldude. Joe and his family have been a valuable part of the i-club community since... well since before the split most of you probably don't know about. LOL.

So why Joe... well the charity money isn't for Joe but for Joe's son Jaxson.

Some of you may remember about a year and a half ago another valuable member of our community going through a family battle. The Levy's, Noah and Dylan (Dylan W Levy - About Me) especially. Dylan was born with Biliary Atresia and needed a liver transplant in order to live. Noah gave it to him. Well Joe's son Jax and the entire Soriano family are under taking the same battle. Jax is in need of a liver transplant and there is a huge push to make that happen.

In talking with Noah and several other people I felt like it was time as a community that we step up and help our community members even if it's in a small way. I hope that Joe and his family will accept this for Jax on behalf of myself and the i-club community. Even if it's a small dent I hope we can help bring a little hope and a hole lot of positive energy to the Soriano family.

The link to the drive underway for Jaxson is

If you want to read more about Jaxson, the Soriano's and the disorder

I'd really like to thank our vendors for stepping up big time in helping put together a solid list or raffle prizes without knowing the cause. And I want to thank all you BAM attendees for stepping up and buying raffle tickets as I know you will and all raffle proceeds will go to the fund to get Jax the medical care he needs.

If any of you vendors or members have questions please feel free to contact me at One2OneDesigns@gmail.com. If anyone cares to add to the raffle please feel free to drop me a line at the same address and let me know what you're bringing to the table so I can add it to the website and the thread. And if you want to throw any extra cash in you can paypal the same address and mark it TO JAXSON so I'll know to earmark it for the charity check. Or you can donate directly on the links above.

These are great people and this is a great cause. I really hope we can keep doing positive things with our community.

Take care.
Sorry I can't donate to that they still owe me a set of center caps for my wheels!
Old 09-14-2012, 07:14 AM

Car Info: 05 wrx wagon, 90 celica alltrac, 66 mustang
stolen internet pic no want to load.

slowclap.jpeg

Last edited by queeg9k; 09-14-2012 at 08:37 AM.
Old 09-14-2012, 09:33 AM

Car Info: 97 subaru impreza outback sport
As I'm a newbie I don't know the people you mentioned. But I do know that it's a great thing your doing. Will there be donation hats/jars if anyone wants to add an extra penny?
Old 09-14-2012, 09:46 AM

Car Info: 05 wrx wagon, 90 celica alltrac, 66 mustang
Originally Posted by STi_outback
As I'm a newbie I don't know the people you mentioned. But I do know that it's a great thing your doing. Will there be donation hats/jars if anyone wants to add an extra penny?
All the proceeds are going to the charity so just buy hella raffle tickets!
Old 09-14-2012, 10:01 AM
General Pimpin'

Dylan Levy is the son of Noah Levy (LIC Motorsports | Subaru service and repair serving Marin and Sonoma counties)
Jaxson Soriano is the son of Joseph Soriano (WHEELDUDE.COM)

The money is going to Jaxson. I'd check out the link for Jax if you have any question. It talks about what he's gone through and what he will go through. Dylan's site has information about his journey through the process so you can see how difficult it is and will be for the entire family. There are links to the disorder on dylan's site.

I'd advise browsing through both sites. Get to know Jaxson. Get to know the disorder. Children going through stuff like this breaks my heart. That's the core of it. We're helping a child and we're helping a really great family. They just happen to be part of the community.
Old 09-14-2012, 12:08 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: RIP: 04 WRB SEDAN Now Rollin' in STi
Knowing Joe personally and his family over the years, I think this is a great idea. It was heartbreaking to hear Jaxson's condition when he was born.

This is just another reason why I love the community. Things like this makes me proud to be part of the i club.
Old 09-14-2012, 01:43 PM

Car Info: 2010 WRX SWP Hatch
Well done. I wish the best to the Soriano family in this challenging time. I'm glad all of us could be here to help.
Old 09-14-2012, 01:52 PM

Car Info: 97 subaru impreza outback sport
Originally Posted by queeg9k

All the proceeds are going to the charity so just buy hella raffle tickets!
Yes! I'm planing on buying 100 tickets. My 21st is tomorrow so what little money I get I plan on spending at BAM. And what better way to spend it than donate and get a chance to score a prize.
Old 09-14-2012, 02:57 PM
General Pimpin'

I made a note of it today. Good thought.

Basically all raffle proceeds go to Jaxson. All sticker sells go to Jaxson. And there will be an envelope in the cash box for charity specific donations. I would do a jar but unfortunately I've been to events where people have walked off with the jar. So it'll be an envelope. I will also have a credit card system set up so people can swipe a donation that will be earmarked for jaxson and separate from expenses. And you can always payal. I'll probably keep the donation active for a week or so after the event. It'll take me that long to run the books and get the money all in order and dialed in through paypal so I can cash it out and deliver it to Jaxson's family.

I hope people realize how serious I am about the charity portion of this event. It's why I did what I did. I put my health at risk, spent tons of time, tons of money and been away from my family. I've seen my daughter and wife a total of MAYBE 3 hours in the last week. I am not gonna be pocketing the donation money.
Old 09-14-2012, 02:59 PM
General Pimpin'

Yes! I'm planing on buying 100 tickets. My 21st is tomorrow so what little money I get I plan on spending at BAM. And what better way to spend it than donate and get a chance to score a prize.
That's awesome. It's hands down the best deal. And with the prizes that are available you could come up BIG time. There are 3 separate prizes AT LEAST valued at $500. We still have prizes and I'm really hoping that vendors step up even more or more folks kick in. I'm doing what I can to do a late rally. So far I haven't got much. But I'll keep working... even on sunday.
Old 09-14-2012, 04:56 PM

Car Info: 2015 WRX Limited (sold 2009 WRX beast)
This is what its all about! I remember Noah and his sons surgery. They receive a lot of support and positive vibes to help get them through the rough patch in their lives. I hope that this year BAM can provide that much genuine support and really make a difference.
Lets strive to make this the biggest BAM donation year!!! woot woot

Quick Reply: Official: BAM/Mt. Hammy 2k12 Charity Announcement