Official: BAM/Mt. Hammy 2k12 Charity Announcement

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2012, 05:16 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by kwiksilverwrx
This is what its all about! I remember Noah and his sons surgery. They receive a lot of support and positive vibes to help get them through the rough patch in their lives. I hope that this year BAM can provide that much genuine support and really make a difference.
Lets strive to make this the biggest BAM donation year!!! woot woot
I mentioned Noah and Dylan because Joe, Jaxson and family are undergoing a similar process... so people who knew would know what's happening.

But the charity money is going to Jaxson not Dylan.

Just to clear that up if there were questions.
Old 09-14-2012, 05:55 PM

Car Info: 97 subaru impreza outback sport
Originally Posted by OneManArmy

I made a note of it today. Good thought.

Basically all raffle proceeds go to Jaxson. All sticker sells go to Jaxson. And there will be an envelope in the cash box for charity specific donations. I would do a jar but unfortunately I've been to events where people have walked off with the jar. So it'll be an envelope. I will also have a credit card system set up so people can swipe a donation that will be earmarked for jaxson and separate from expenses. And you can always payal. I'll probably keep the donation active for a week or so after the event. It'll take me that long to run the books and get the money all in order and dialed in through paypal so I can cash it out and deliver it to Jaxson's family.

I hope people realize how serious I am about the charity portion of this event. It's why I did what I did. I put my health at risk, spent tons of time, tons of money and been away from my family. I've seen my daughter and wife a total of MAYBE 3 hours in the last week. I am not gonna be pocketing the donation money.
Okay awesome. I'm stoked to be going and pitching in. Every penny counts.
Old 09-18-2012, 07:43 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: psm.03.wrx.wgn
to continue donation efforts!

And you can always payal. I'll probably keep the donation active for a week or so after the event. It'll take me that long to run the books and get the money all in order and dialed in through paypal so I can cash it out and deliver it to Jaxson's family.

And according to the OP, we can still paypal to: One2OneDesigns@gmail.com Just be sure to indicate that it is "For JAXSON" and complete the transaction as a GIFT.

Or simply donate directly via: DonorPages by DonorPerfect

Thanks y'all.
Old 09-18-2012, 07:53 AM
General Pimpin'

Eithet way works... lets get jaxson up to 100%!
Old 09-18-2012, 08:45 AM

Car Info: 2002 Impreza RS, 2005 Impreza RS-20K
by far the best way a car meet can use it charity. This is what i love about this community: love, respect, maturity. just to show how great this comm is: on sunday, my lady had left her wallet at BAM. we were already in campbell/toga by the time we realized this. she started flippin that she lost her wallet for good. i feel like any other community in that scale would go off and by a downpipe with the newly found money. but no, someone turned it in and we came back to pick it up.
enough of being off topic. i just wanted to express how grateful i am that this money is going to a more than great cause. I pray that Jaxson starts seeing the brighter parts of the day as im sure we all hope as well. Thanks for a great bam, look forward to it next year
Old 09-18-2012, 09:10 AM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by 02RS25
by far the best way a car meet can use it charity. This is what i love about this community: love, respect, maturity. just to show how great this comm is: on sunday, my lady had left her wallet at BAM. we were already in campbell/toga by the time we realized this. she started flippin that she lost her wallet for good. i feel like any other community in that scale would go off and by a downpipe with the newly found money. but no, someone turned it in and we came back to pick it up.
enough of being off topic. i just wanted to express how grateful i am that this money is going to a more than great cause. I pray that Jaxson starts seeing the brighter parts of the day as im sure we all hope as well. Thanks for a great bam, look forward to it next year

Glad you guys got that back. The kicker is I'm sure someone would have just brought it out to you guys... or at least met you somewhere. But it's tough when you can't really communicate with anyone on the hill.

I'd say we have a pretty good community. I had to put a lot of faith in people to step up and people did. I had to put a lot of faith in the community to respect, me, i-club and the park enough to self moderate... and they did. I had to put a lot of faith that people would not steal as there was a lot of money floating around. And from what I'm seeing... no one did.

I'm proud of what i-club showed with this event.
Old 09-18-2012, 09:26 AM

Car Info: 2002 Impreza RS, 2005 Impreza RS-20K
Glad you guys got that back. The kicker is I'm sure someone would have just brought it out to you guys... or at least met you somewhere. But it's tough when you can't really communicate with anyone on the hill.

I'd say we have a pretty good community. I had to put a lot of faith in people to step up and people did. I had to put a lot of faith in the community to respect, me, i-club and the park enough to self moderate... and they did. I had to put a lot of faith that people would not steal as there was a lot of money floating around. And from what I'm seeing... no one did.

I'm proud of what i-club showed with this event.
without a doubt. i was calling Bigpat and DSav for 20 minutes then decided to just go back knowing id leave witth the wallet and people are more than decent.
Deff, id be skeptical of hosting that much for such a big crowd at first. but youre right, that step deff proved what kind of people iclubbers are. and i love it. and even the small things such as clean up and all. i truly feel like the club keeps it up, no one should have a problem with regular hosting (parks, etc) as you said, they seemed pretty stoked about the whole thing. really looking forward to next bam.