The Official: All Things Phone Thread

Old 06-05-2012, 02:20 PM

Car Info: '06 WRB STi
Originally Posted by lanz0r
Thomas, the S3 will have HDMI out via an MHL Adapter thru the USB, just like the S2. They usually include it free in the box on the high end iconic devices.
Yeah I need to pick up one of those too. It didn't come with my Note
Old 06-05-2012, 02:59 PM
Churro Aficionado

Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
Originally Posted by RALIWGN
I just got my RAZR Maxx & am going to switch my service to it once I've backed everything up off my original Incredible. The main reason I upgraded, though, is because the inherent problems with the Incredible after updating to Gingerbread, as well as failing speakers in the earpiece & speakerphone. I felt like I had to upgrade, and I have to get all the kinks worked out on the new phone & become familiar with it before going on a road trip vacation, so I had a need & time issue.

Thomas, if you don't have any hardware problems or firmware issues preventing your RAZR from functioning properly and sufficiently for your requirements, why not wait a little while & see if the RAZR HD (Figher?) comes out in the next few months & drops the price on the SIII or has the specs itself to become your next phone of choice? I know the RAZRs have the HDMI port, so that question is already answered, and everything I've read (rumors) says the next RAZR will ship with ICS.

Just my $.02.

Edit: I also kept my unlimited data plan with my upgrade. The VZW rep I spoke with said users who have unlimited can continue to grandfather the plan in to upgrades indefinitely (or until VZW changes its mind). I did have to pay the new $30 upgrade fee, though, and I believe I used my last "new every two" upgrade discount for my primary line.

If I like the Maxx, I might get my wife the RAZR & give my daughter my wife's old Incredible after doing a backup & factory reset. Any caveats about the current version of the RAZR (that's what you have, right?)?
Yea hardware/software ive had zero issues.

Even tho im not big into custom ROMs, it has been frustraiting dealing with Moto and the locked bootloaded and promising ICS for damn near a year it seems like

Ive heard that once ICS hits on the Razr, its going to be even more amazing and better battery life.

I dont wanna get the fighter just because id feel like i wasted a phone on almost the same thing as what ive already got.

Only real reason im thinking about it is because of the time frame of upgrading and keeping my unlim data.. i really dont want to loose it and ive been hearing that they are starting the new shared plans this summer. So ive kinda gotta "use it or lose it" on my upgrade
Originally Posted by lanz0r
Thomas, the S3 will have HDMI out via an MHL Adapter thru the USB, just like the S2. They usually include it free in the box on the high end iconic devices.
This i did not know.....
This is for sure worth looking into more, thanks man

Any idea when the display models should come out so i could take a peek and play with one?
Old 06-06-2012, 05:07 PM
Churro Aficionado

I went into Vz today.

They are saying they know nothing about if the unlimited plan will stay or not. As of right now, its staying, but they dont know about the future.

You cant preorder in store. You have to go online to your account to preorder.

My upgrade is this month (on the 25th) and they said I couldnt preorder till the 25th...
They also said you will not get charged till the phone ships. You have 14 days to return, and you can return it to a store, but will be charged a $35 restocking fee.

They dont know when they will get them in store either but the preorders will for sure be shipped out/delivered before the phone hits stores. At least thats what was told to me.
Old 06-08-2012, 02:22 AM

Car Info: Blown Transmissions
You can preorder it thru me or thru your local target (if they have mobile), its a 50 dollar refundable deposit pre order, 14 days to return, we can preorder whenever and no restocking fees

July 9th is the release date for Verizon so thats when they should be in stores.
Old 06-08-2012, 10:30 AM
Churro Aficionado

So the preorders should be shipped/arrived before the 9th then right?

I was pissed about them giving me the BS about my upgrade date and not being able to preorder till then...
Old 06-10-2012, 02:57 PM

Car Info: 12Teens crazy 4 me
Having issues with my HTC inspire 4G, Last night I tried a new Launcher Called Golauncher EX, and this morning when I tried to use my phone, it would not turn the screen on, so i popped out the battery, and tried to turn it on, and the HTC + ATT logo boot up come up and keep playing those two bootup things. Wont go to the homepage. Looked on Google, but they are mainly for rooted phones..

Anyone had this issue on a non-rooted phone?

Thanks
-Matt
Old 06-10-2012, 03:09 PM

Car Info: 2009 VW GTI and a Chevy
Verizon Galaxy Nexus, OEM extended battery, stock-rooted 4.0.4, 0 problems.

/thread
Old 06-10-2012, 05:42 PM
Churro Aficionado

Originally Posted by theoutbackdream
Having issues with my HTC inspire 4G, Last night I tried a new Launcher Called Golauncher EX, and this morning when I tried to use my phone, it would not turn the screen on, so i popped out the battery, and tried to turn it on, and the HTC + ATT logo boot up come up and keep playing those two bootup things. Wont go to the homepage. Looked on Google, but they are mainly for rooted phones..

Anyone had this issue on a non-rooted phone?

Thanks
-Matt
Sounds like boot loop.

Check the forums for your phone, there should be a button combination to press to get into boot recovery. That might help
Old 06-10-2012, 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by stupidchicken03
Sounds like boot loop.

Check the forums for your phone, there should be a button combination to press to get into boot recovery. That might help
Thanks, the pattern is Hold down volume down button while turning on for those that issue the same issue.

But.... the issue still is there.
Old 06-10-2012, 08:03 PM

Thinking to go to the ATT store tomorrow to see if they can exchange my phone for a new one so im not dealing with this crap....

Has anyone had this issue and was able to get a replacement?

My phone is about 1 year old, and I have an issue of the phone boot looping, and when it does actually turn on to the home screen, it will shut off immediately. Just started happening this morning on a non-rooted phone.

Thanks
-Matt
Old 06-10-2012, 08:50 PM

Car Info: Bagged 2014 STi
Hopped in the pool today with my iPhone in my back pocket, completely sober too haha

I have the extended warranty through sprint and just got it about a month ago, has anyone ever had an issue with a watered down phone and a warranty claim ? It still works and has been in a bowl of rice, it wont connect to the sprint network and give me any service though.

Let me know any suggestions, thanks
Old 06-10-2012, 09:10 PM

I know ATT took my phone for an exchange when i was in middle school, I just said my friends threw me in the pool, (which they did).

Look at the fine print, should say somewhere about what the waranty covers. ATT is like human error=no more waranty.
Old 06-11-2012, 08:33 PM

Car Info: 2011 WRX Hatchie
Originally Posted by Tadddd
Verizon Galaxy Nexus, OEM extended battery, stock-rooted 4.0.4, 0 problems.

/thread
Exactly how I roll too. I do run CM9 on my Galaxy Tab though, it's awesome but still little too buggy to run on my phone all the time. For work I need my phone to be 100%.
Old 06-11-2012, 08:47 PM

Does anyone know how to clean install android? Im looking online, but its always how to root, not clean install OEM software.

The guy at the Store was such a dick today. man.
Old 06-11-2012, 09:00 PM

Car Info: 2016 WRX, 2014 lifter forester XT, 2005 JDM207 WGN
got that early gs3!! amazing!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: The Official: All Things Phone Thread