Official: 2015 Fantasy Football League

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2015, 08:12 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '02 WRB WRX Wagon
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
I know. But jawing is one thing. It goes both ways.

But when you lay hands on people... those downfield hits when the officials aren't looking. Toss a dude on the ground here and there. Grab his face. Extra **** after the tackles. And you talk ****. And you jaw at them with bats and crap before the game. It all goes together to just kind of hit a head... how much does a guy have to take?

Defenders do it ALL the time and it's just part of the mental game but when a WR strikes back it's brutality?
You gotta take the bats out of it. That's spin control. They have been using bats in the their pregame warmups all season. Suddenly one guy "feels" threatened by it and it's a major issue.

Norman did nothing egregious. He did the same **** that every DB and every WR get into every week. Especially if they are divisional rivals. What Beckham did was pure anger based. Leaving his feet and spearing Norman in the head is egregious. Add to that, the other issues Beckham has done throughout the year. Stepping on another players facemask, kicking a downed player. He lets his temper get the better of him and he has to serve a suspension to realize he needs to find a better way to get it out.

Hell none of his teammates did anything to try and keep him calm. All the players on the Giants roster know he has a temper, yet did nothing to try and calm him down. The Panthers know Norman is a hot head, he got into a fight with Newton in OTA's, so several players were going over there and calming him down after every time out on the field. Beckham was doing his best to get his revenge by also shoving Norman around and trying to fight back and when it didn't get the response he wanted, he lashed out in a more violent manner. That's what got him suspended. If Norman had retaliated at that point after that happened, you can bet he would have been suspended too.
Old 12-24-2015, 02:33 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Apparently we didn't watch the same game. LOL!

I tend to watch DB's because I was one. They were messing with him a lot from play one. They played Odell like a banjo. They knew he's emotional and they used it. He'll need to figure out how to channel it into just going off on people with catches not hits or he's in for a crazy career... alla TO. Who I was also a fan of. LOL!

my only point is that if you're going to take a game away from one guy you should do the same to the other guy.

It's just like that idiot Suh. He pushes and pushes and pushes. Finally it started going to far and by the time they started acting on him it was too late. Norman is heading in the same direction.

The officials ****ed up. The teams ****ed up. The coaches ****ed up. Eli Manning as the leader on that team should have told Odell to chill out.
Old 12-27-2015, 04:50 PM
previously known as wrxBRAH

Car Info: 2004 FXT
Good game OMA, Hightower just sealed it up for you.
Old 12-27-2015, 08:30 PM
General Pimpin'

You still have a host don't you?

I'm bummed. I thought I switched Arizona's defense in. Had I done that and gone with my gut on running Stafford over Brady I would have scored huge.

Other than that I'm pretty happy with the moves I've made as far as grabbing the right players to fill in my rosters... without waiver priority. LOL!

The 3 RB's I picked up have all been solid.
Old 12-27-2015, 08:40 PM
VIP Member

An f'ing kicker is gonna cost me a championship!
Old 12-27-2015, 11:44 PM

Car Info: Nadda
Originally Posted by bluwrxwgn
An f'ing kicker is gonna cost me a championship!
After the 1pm games I was in a huge hole. I did switch kickers from KCs to Minnesota's just because I figured NYG gives up a million yards and I also figured the Vikings can't finish a lot. Glad he racked up those points but again, weird week for the league, a lot of people didn't show up. Antonio Brown had an off game. Other than that the rest of the league mostly looked like trash today. Panthers went down, Pittsburgh can't seal it up on a trashy Baltimore team. Patriots I know usually has a difficult time with the Jets. Only on par folks was Brees and Cooks.
Old 12-28-2015, 08:19 AM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by iLoqin
After the 1pm games I was in a huge hole. I did switch kickers from KCs to Minnesota's just because I figured NYG gives up a million yards and I also figured the Vikings can't finish a lot. Glad he racked up those points but again, weird week for the league, a lot of people didn't show up. Antonio Brown had an off game. Other than that the rest of the league mostly looked like trash today. Panthers went down, Pittsburgh can't seal it up on a trashy Baltimore team. Patriots I know usually has a difficult time with the Jets. Only on par folks was Brees and Cooks.
Yeah I was looking at all those games going damn... lots of weird outcomes.

Panthers were due to lose. Pitt is one of the most frustrating teams in the NFL to follow right now. Baltimore's offense can be solid from time to time but Pitt not being able to run right through their defense made zero sense. Patriots did fine with the jets last time. But they have no receivers so all of their defense can just focus on stopping Brady. I knew better on that one. My gut said start Stafford but I went against it because he did fine last time and NE hates the Jets. Should have listened. The only 2 times I've felt that way I was right both times.

I will say this though.... Kenny.... I told you so. Proper kicker selection is critical and it just won the championship...
Old 12-28-2015, 10:05 AM

I won't say is over. Weird week and a lot of stars did a no show. Could happen with D. Thomas.
Old 12-28-2015, 11:02 AM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by iLoqin
I won't say is over. Weird week and a lot of stars did a no show. Could happen with D. Thomas.
DT will have to no show for Justin to pull it off. I'm hoping Justin wins though. LOL!
Old 12-28-2015, 08:33 PM
VIP Member

Why did that kicker have to miss that field goal!!!!
Old 12-28-2015, 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by bluwrxwgn
Why did that kicker have to miss that field goal!!!!
WoW, and then OT catches one short. Still behind, then the wide receiver screen and I prayed he didn't fumble!

If this ends then it was a win by 1 catch! Luck!
Old 12-28-2015, 08:48 PM
VIP Member

Barring a Stat correction, this championship was decided by 2 kickers. Sucks!
Old 12-28-2015, 09:22 PM
General Pimpin'

Close championship game. Crazy one too. That huge kicker score was tough to overcome. Any time a kicker puts up 20 plus... it's like defenses putting up 25-35 points. That really makes up for a couple position guys not hitting their scores.

Great season Justin. iLogin... you too man. You played the waivers right. Built a beast of a team.
Old 12-28-2015, 09:25 PM

Crazy championship week. I projected Philly being a beast halfway through the season. I think he dropped me twice and I got him once during the regular season. He had a strong showing by Houston, I got lucky on a Sunday night with Minnesota and still needed OT on the last possible moment. Lucked out.
Old 12-30-2015, 12:58 PM
General Pimpin'

Well... I went 1st and 3rd this year in my 2 leagues. I'd like to play in 3 or even 4 next year but I don't like leagues where only half the teams are active the entire season.

My championship I really had very little challenge all year. One dude was close to me. I barely won the championship game because I ran with Big Ben. Had I run Brees and run a different flex I would have won in a big way.

I'm curious if any of you guys would be interested in starting a keeper league? I'd like to start a league with a core group of guys and make it a keeper league. Seems like it could make for a lot of fun.

This season was absolutely crazy. With the way the waiver system is set up and the fact there were so many big time injuries it really favored the middle of the pack/lower middle teams. Made for a very competitive league top to bottom. But a very frustrating season for those of us that were on top most of the year. LOL!

Can't believe we have to wait so stinking long. Now my eyes are gonna be on the draft. The draft is really going to dictate fantasy draft this year because I see a lot of turn over happening. A lot of guys that have been top 2 or 3 round picks forever are falling off and even guys that are still that good are increasing in risk... i.e. when is Brady gonna go all Manning on us... and the ones that aren't as much risk are still lowering... maybe a normal first round guy is now a second or third rounder.

Gonna be a fun draft.

Quick Reply: Official: 2015 Fantasy Football League