Official: 2015 Fantasy Football League

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2015, 04:50 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Wonder if it's legit that Brady might be down. They've got him as 1 or 2 as far as QB's go this week but I'm really starting to think about sitting him. I'll give it until tomorrow night.

Saying 50/50 that he won't play at all... really wish Julian was back.
Old 12-21-2015, 07:24 AM
General Pimpin'

Was a really bad week to have my worst management game in probably 4 years. I didn't have a lot of faith in my roster after a few duds lately and I made some moves based on the ****ing "experts" which I NEVER do. Screwed me.

I play my standard roster I run away with this game.

I moved my defense out. That cost me 11 points. I swapped out Sanders for Bolden. That one cost me 25.

I nearly ran Aiken and even that would have been better.

I was going to drop Brady for Stafford... we'll see how that one turns out. My gutt said to dump the kicker and pick up Bailey. That was a 6 point difference.

Seriously... I think the only right move I made was Reed over Kelce.

But hey... justin left some points on the bench too. Good win man! I'm honestly glad you won. You ran the season in first, you deserve a shot at the championship. I'm really hoping you pull the win over the waiver king.

So it's the two dead in the water teams playing for 3rd. LOL! Good luck FXT...
Old 12-21-2015, 05:03 PM

Car Info: 2011 2.5i Spark Silver
Lost by .02 points in the league I care most about. I hate fantasy football.
Old 12-21-2015, 05:33 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by ruehl
Lost by .02 points in the league I care most about. I hate fantasy football.
LOL!

I honestly haven't looked at my other league. I don't know if I won... I'm assuming I did....
Old 12-21-2015, 05:35 PM
General Pimpin'

Just checked.... I did... and I started Rawls. LOL! I had 3 guys on the bench I would have started had I been paying attention... had I done that I would have won by 50 points...
Old 12-21-2015, 08:35 PM
General Pimpin'

WTF... Yeah NFL for having NO even ground for punishment.

I'm most definitely ****ed next week. I'm honestly really glad I managed my team terribly this week. I'd rather Justin have a legit chance to win than me go in and lose automatically. I have zero chance next week to beat anymore.
Old 12-22-2015, 08:49 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '02 WRB WRX Wagon
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
WTF... Yeah NFL for having NO even ground for punishment.

I'm most definitely ****ed next week. I'm honestly really glad I managed my team terribly this week. I'd rather Justin have a legit chance to win than me go in and lose automatically. I have zero chance next week to beat anymore.
Even ground for punishment? Cause they suspended OBJ and not Norman? OBJ has a history at this point. Kicking people and other negative things. But lowering the head and leading with the crown into another players head is crossing the line. Even the fact that he went after him when basically the play was over. That's the kind of play the NFL wants out of the league. They had to suspend him over that.

It looks like I'm gonna lose next week. Unless Antonio Brown twists his ankle this week, their opponent is the Ravens. I'd be surprised if he didn't put up 100+ and at least 2 td's.
Old 12-22-2015, 09:39 AM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by bluwrxwgn
Even ground for punishment? Cause they suspended OBJ and not Norman? OBJ has a history at this point. Kicking people and other negative things. But lowering the head and leading with the crown into another players head is crossing the line. Even the fact that he went after him when basically the play was over. That's the kind of play the NFL wants out of the league. They had to suspend him over that.

It looks like I'm gonna lose next week. Unless Antonio Brown twists his ankle this week, their opponent is the Ravens. I'd be surprised if he didn't put up 100+ and at least 2 td's.
They had been going back and forth the entire game. There is a reason Normal draws more opposing personal calls than any other defender in the NFL at his position. He plays hard and he plays dirty. Then when the person retaliates he plays dump and cries like a *****.... just like Reggie Miller used to do.

They had been pushing each others buttons they entire game and the officials let it go to far. They both should have been flagged and warned much much earlier in the game. Just like in baseball... hey you hit that dude... I can see wtf is going on I'm not retarded... next time you're both gone.

Instead they did jack ****. Flagged only but not the other and it got carried away. Josh Norman had been throwing blows the entire game. Talking **** before the games. Flashing bats. He's been doing it all ****ing season. There were PLENTY of hits coming from Norman that didn't get called. Stuff after tackles, after plays. Etc.

The only reason everyone is coming down on Odell is because of the one dramatic play where he came flying at him. I played WR dude. I've made that play. I've been pissed and cracked back on a dude. Only difference is the dude I hit wad KO'd because I also played safety... I didn't leave my feet.

Odell is and likely NEVER has been a defender. He doesn't know how to hit people correctly. He was pissed and was flying at Normal full speed. He came back and was clearly going for his upper body with a crack back. The play stopped. Normal stopped Odell hit him in the head. Dirty yes. Suspension worthy yes. As bad as it looks... nope. Both guys should have been tossed WELL BEFORE that play.

The league needs to take responsiblity. Both guys and both teams should be penalized for not controlling their players. BOTH OF THEM.

If Normal and Carolina aren't penalized then Odell's suspension should be changed to a fine. Call it $25k.

All of this started with Carolina and Josh Norman. All of it. They started the **** but couldn't handle when it came back at them. Seriously... the 3rd play of the game was a sloppy pass interference where they went after Odell. 2 plays later Norman locked odell back up and body slammed him. You telling me that was not a message? Twice on the first drive of the game? Norman should have been called for that. 10 minutes later odell finally retaliates. He should have been called for that and for taking his helmet off. Next quarter Normal grabs Odell's face mask. No call. So next play Odell says **** you and punches norman in the face. That's the other big play shown everywhere. Again... no flag on either of those. Later on another guy knocks Odell down on a route... no flag. So the next play Odell goes after that dude. Finally a flag. Odell goes after Norman again... no flag. Later on Normal tackles him. Rolls him over and shoves is face down. Talks some ****. Odell slaps his foot... gets flagged. Just before that he did the same damned thing. Both over the top plays pushing buttons by normal with no calls.

Seriously... the officials and both teams let this go way to damned far. You're talking about 2 guys at the top of their game doing battle. Either let them stand on equal footing and just go at it... or calm them both down. EQUAL treatment.

I can't tell you how many times I've read... Josh Norman took issue with blah blah blah and complained about blah blah blah. Josh Norman draws a flag for blah blah... or Player X draws a flag going after Josh Norman for blah blah blah.

When it's one player in the middle of all of this then where is it STARTING?

I do think Odell should get suspended or fined. But so should Norman. If the dude keeps getting away with this you're just going to keep hearing about this. ONly difference is that Odell is big enough to take care of himself. He had 4 guys on that defense hitting him whenever the refs weren't looking the entire game. And his team was down by almost 30.... and he was catchless. Of course he's gonna fight back... and when he did... guess what... he caught *****. Gonna play like a gorilla to stop someone don't cry like a ***** when they play like a gorilla to beat you.
Old 12-22-2015, 10:36 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '02 WRB WRX Wagon
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
They had been going back and forth the entire game. There is a reason Normal draws more opposing personal calls than any other defender in the NFL at his position. He plays hard and he plays dirty. Then when the person retaliates he plays dump and cries like a *****.... just like Reggie Miller used to do.

They had been pushing each others buttons they entire game and the officials let it go to far. They both should have been flagged and warned much much earlier in the game. Just like in baseball... hey you hit that dude... I can see wtf is going on I'm not retarded... next time you're both gone.

Instead they did jack ****. Flagged only but not the other and it got carried away. Josh Norman had been throwing blows the entire game. Talking **** before the games. Flashing bats. He's been doing it all ****ing season. There were PLENTY of hits coming from Norman that didn't get called. Stuff after tackles, after plays. Etc.

The only reason everyone is coming down on Odell is because of the one dramatic play where he came flying at him. I played WR dude. I've made that play. I've been pissed and cracked back on a dude. Only difference is the dude I hit wad KO'd because I also played safety... I didn't leave my feet.

Odell is and likely NEVER has been a defender. He doesn't know how to hit people correctly. He was pissed and was flying at Normal full speed. He came back and was clearly going for his upper body with a crack back. The play stopped. Normal stopped Odell hit him in the head. Dirty yes. Suspension worthy yes. As bad as it looks... nope. Both guys should have been tossed WELL BEFORE that play.

The league needs to take responsiblity. Both guys and both teams should be penalized for not controlling their players. BOTH OF THEM.

If Normal and Carolina aren't penalized then Odell's suspension should be changed to a fine. Call it $25k.

All of this started with Carolina and Josh Norman. All of it. They started the **** but couldn't handle when it came back at them. Seriously... the 3rd play of the game was a sloppy pass interference where they went after Odell. 2 plays later Norman locked odell back up and body slammed him. You telling me that was not a message? Twice on the first drive of the game? Norman should have been called for that. 10 minutes later odell finally retaliates. He should have been called for that and for taking his helmet off. Next quarter Normal grabs Odell's face mask. No call. So next play Odell says **** you and punches norman in the face. That's the other big play shown everywhere. Again... no flag on either of those. Later on another guy knocks Odell down on a route... no flag. So the next play Odell goes after that dude. Finally a flag. Odell goes after Norman again... no flag. Later on Normal tackles him. Rolls him over and shoves is face down. Talks some ****. Odell slaps his foot... gets flagged. Just before that he did the same damned thing. Both over the top plays pushing buttons by normal with no calls.

Seriously... the officials and both teams let this go way to damned far. You're talking about 2 guys at the top of their game doing battle. Either let them stand on equal footing and just go at it... or calm them both down. EQUAL treatment.

I can't tell you how many times I've read... Josh Norman took issue with blah blah blah and complained about blah blah blah. Josh Norman draws a flag for blah blah... or Player X draws a flag going after Josh Norman for blah blah blah.

When it's one player in the middle of all of this then where is it STARTING?

I do think Odell should get suspended or fined. But so should Norman. If the dude keeps getting away with this you're just going to keep hearing about this. ONly difference is that Odell is big enough to take care of himself. He had 4 guys on that defense hitting him whenever the refs weren't looking the entire game. And his team was down by almost 30.... and he was catchless. Of course he's gonna fight back... and when he did... guess what... he caught *****. Gonna play like a gorilla to stop someone don't cry like a ***** when they play like a gorilla to beat you.
I'm sure Norman will get fined. But what the NFL hates and wants to get rid of completely is the crack back blocks and the blatant head to head shots.

Norman did what he had to do to get in his head. Right from the first snap, Norman was already in Odell's head. Every corner in the NFL pulls **** like this. See what you can get away with, and as soon as you get flagged, pull back a little. The refs let it go on too long, that's for sure. Should have been flagging them both early on and putting a stop to the BS, but they officials suck. They let it get that far and now a player with an ego and a temper has to strike back to show he won't take it anymore and gets served a suspension.

Ryan Clark was on Mike and Mike this morning, he said Ike Taylor was one of the worst people on the field to opposing WR's. Clark was saying that some of the things Taylor would say to opposing players made him feel like he had to go up and apologize to that player because it was so offensive. Clark was saying it's one advantage DB's can gain over a WR when generally they are 3-4 inches shorter or more and at a disadvantage. Get into their head at any cost. Norman made Odell mad, got him off his game. Coughlin should have recognized Odell was not being himself and sat him for one possession to let him cool down. Talk to him, get him to understand what Norman was trying to do. It would have only benefitted them to get Odell to recognize his behavior was hurting the team with the PI's.
Old 12-22-2015, 10:39 AM

Car Info: Nadda
I'd say that's part of any competition. Learning to psyc out the other guy and get him off his game. Beckham should have been suspended and now he will get his suspension. Norman never clocked the dude diving crown first into his head that could have caused big time injury.

There is a lot that isn't fair. I mean when there is a pass and it's poorly thrown, the WRs straight up maul the DBs, yet no PI on the offense... that's like super blatant. But then DBs barely touch the guy and there are flags.

Gotta keep the game safe and Beckham clearly lost his cool.
Old 12-22-2015, 10:53 AM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by iLoqin
I'd say that's part of any competition. Learning to psyc out the other guy and get him off his game. Beckham should have been suspended and now he will get his suspension. Norman never clocked the dude diving crown first into his head that could have caused big time injury.

There is a lot that isn't fair. I mean when there is a pass and it's poorly thrown, the WRs straight up maul the DBs, yet no PI on the offense... that's like super blatant. But then DBs barely touch the guy and there are flags.

Gotta keep the game safe and Beckham clearly lost his cool.

So you're telling me that Norman shouldn't be held accountable for his part in this? What about the coaches that didn't say **** to either player? Or the officials that let it get that far?

Same **** T.O. did. People aren't used to seeing WR's dish it out so they go ape **** when they do. Josh Norman is a punk *****. I seriously lost all respect for him during that game. I considered him the best in the game. But he's not. The dude ****s with people all game and then cries to the media and the officials every time someone touches him. **** him. I hate that crap.

That hit was nothing. It was an ACTIVE play. The running back was running. The receiver is 100 percent allowed to crack back on the guy in that situation as long as it's in the front or side of him. Leaving the ground like that it was clear he was trying to unload on him. Had Norman not stopped he would have been hit in the chest/side and got laid the **** out... legally. He stopped and he took a graze blow to the side of the head and body.

Shot was dirty. So was the play of the guy getting it. I guarantee you that the panthers spent the ENTIRE WEEK on defense keying in on 13 and how to **** with him. And they were succeeding. Norman just couldn't handle a guy getting his. He got beat quite a few times. On the TD was trying to ***** his way to a penalty when there wasn't one. I would have stepped on his face not over him.
Old 12-22-2015, 10:54 AM
General Pimpin'

All these press conferences since the game... bs. They went after Odell. When he came back at them they got scared. Like a hunter when the lion gets the drop on them.
Old 12-23-2015, 04:49 PM
General Pimpin'

Suspension upheld.

Pissing me off that they're dumping all of this on one person. The Panthers game planned for this and they're going to keep doing it until the NFL steps up and makes a point out of them. All they're doing now is penalizing ONE Person that didn't put up with an ENTIRE defense bull****.

I get it man. I really do.

I agree with the suspension. I do not agree with Norman not getting suspended. The fine they served him is nothing. The team will find a way to reward him and cover it for him because he's just doing what he's told. Remove him from the game and you penalize the team. But hey... 14-0 sells tickets...
Old 12-23-2015, 08:43 PM

Car Info: Nadda
DBs jaw all day, that's their job. Worked most of the time. Gotta show you can keep your cool, I guarantee all teams plan that against Beckham from now on, he's damn one of the best receivers in the game behind A. Brown. When comparing explosive speed, difficulty of catches and even a bigger credit they aren't ginormous in size either.
Old 12-23-2015, 09:07 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by iLoqin
DBs jaw all day, that's their job. Worked most of the time. Gotta show you can keep your cool, I guarantee all teams plan that against Beckham from now on, he's damn one of the best receivers in the game behind A. Brown. When comparing explosive speed, difficulty of catches and even a bigger credit they aren't ginormous in size either.
I know. But jawing is one thing. It goes both ways.

But when you lay hands on people... those downfield hits when the officials aren't looking. Toss a dude on the ground here and there. Grab his face. Extra **** after the tackles. And you talk ****. And you jaw at them with bats and crap before the game. It all goes together to just kind of hit a head... how much does a guy have to take?

Defenders do it ALL the time and it's just part of the mental game but when a WR strikes back it's brutality?

Quick Reply: Official: 2015 Fantasy Football League