Official: 2015 Fantasy Football League

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2015, 10:50 AM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
Weak teams don't get a free pass. That's what this system is... a free pass. The current set up creates a situation where a top end injury to a team that started well can be a death sentence and that's not fair.

The low end teams should get waiver priority... but if you USE that waiver you should get rotated out. That creates a situation where people actually have to think and teams like FXT that if they haven't used any waivers all year have a shot at filling that injury hole.

The way it works is actually pretty reasonable. My other league is like that. You're not likely to see the number 1 guy with the number 1 waiver but you might see them with a top 5 waiver and at least that gives them a shot at someone. Hell... I just grabbed Brees.

I don't remember the waiver system being like this last year? Where it was constantly in reverse order?

But I'd personally really be interested in setting up a legacy league or whatever they're called. We have a group that seems to finish for the most part... even when they're sucking. I'd like to get in to a league where you can ear mark guys for next year and build year to year. It's something new.

Anyone down to start one next year? We keep this one but run another one parallel? Same rule set with the addition of the carry over factor. And we set up punishments for *****ing out. Etc. I'll talk to my co-worker about his. They take it seriously. Dude has a UFC type belt for winning it all. LOL!
That makes some sense, but, when people do poor they quit. You don't like it when people quit. LOL

I didn't touch the waivers, so it's been this way I think.
Old 10-15-2015, 01:47 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
LOL. True that. I hate when people quit. Sucks for anyone that faced them earlier in the year and lost.

I've had some bad luck over the years but I don't quit. LOL!

Seems like I'm always in the top 2 in points for AND points against. This week is gonna be a perfect example. I'll probably score pretty well and still lose.

BOOOOO
Old 10-15-2015, 02:29 PM

Car Info: 05 LGT Wagon 5spd, '11 R6 Race
Ha yea my other team hasn't shown up at all (0-5 ) but I havent given up yet haha. Waiver has been my best friend there. People already trying to scavenge my team but it's still early
Old 10-15-2015, 08:23 PM
Old School

Hmm. Good start this week
Old 10-17-2015, 04:25 PM

Car Info: Nadda
Aye, quitters suck.

I've spoken to others who have other leagues, just throwing out how they set their stuff up...

1) 4 bench spots only. (makes it so transactions are happening all the time and people are available) or they sac that week when guys go on bye's and take the loss.

2) 1 player waiver per week, makes it more valuable.

I'm sure there are plenty of others, but right now it does encourage the teams doing poorly to make some moves to catch up and make everything much closer toward the end. As for the big time injuries and "great draft" classes not moving higher on the waiver, I think that's part of the game? It's great to have close endings.

Not just a bad draft and its a bust.
Old 10-17-2015, 07:53 PM
previously known as wrxBRAH

Car Info: 2004 FXT
Waivers are fine. My luck this year in fantasy sucks though. I'm constantly struggling to keep a full team going and hoping to luck out wins.

Lose Romo for half the year, Charles done for the season, Graham and Miller consistently underscore and suck, and Steve Smith has already missed two games 6 games into the season. Oh and Yeldon will likely be out this week too.
Old 10-19-2015, 02:28 PM
Old School

Originally Posted by FXTbrah
Waivers are fine. My luck this year in fantasy sucks though. I'm constantly struggling to keep a full team going and hoping to luck out wins.

Lose Romo for half the year, Charles done for the season, Graham and Miller consistently underscore and suck, and Steve Smith has already missed two games 6 games into the season. Oh and Yeldon will likely be out this week too.
I doubt I catch you
Old 10-19-2015, 06:16 PM
previously known as wrxBRAH

Car Info: 2004 FXT
If I lose its on Steve Smith. I had to keep him out and he decides to play at the last minute. What a dick.
Old 10-20-2015, 11:03 AM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by joltdudeuc
I doubt I catch you
Your team is starting to look pretty rough... despite constant access to the best Waiver pick ups.

You really should have picked up Palmer and Barnidge when you had the chance. I was gonna pick up Freeman but it was the only week Justin was below me and that bastard got him... and he's gonna win it all because of him. LOL!

Anyone notice he's 150 points ahead of all of us. LOL!
Old 10-20-2015, 07:08 PM

Car Info: Nadda
Other league

Someone wants to trade me their Marshawn Lynch for Rivers.
I have Rivers on the bench, Brady is my QB in a PPR similar to ours.

RBs are Ivory, Freeman, Dion Lewis, Forsett on my bench. So I'd have Marshawn to add to the list and give away Rivers (who i think is hot... and then freezing cold when he starts sucking)

Would you deal him?
Old 10-20-2015, 08:53 PM
General Pimpin'

Depends on your WR's and your TE.

Lewis... give and take. Freeman is gold right now. Forsett is a good RB2/3. Lynch is a Good RB 1/2.

Rivers in many formats is the number 1 QB in the NFL right now. I've dropped him twice like a dumb ***. LOL! I just don't hold much faith in that maintaining. But maybe it will.

I'd toss him a WR 2/3 with Rivers for Lynch and a WR 1/2. You'll get upgrades at 2 slots and they'll apparently get an upgrade at QB.

If not... I'd probably make the trade anyways. Lynch isn't what he used to be but he's still good and he'll get better as the year progresses. Seattle has had an odd start to the year with an over rated QB, sketchy line play and a coach that can't figure out how to use one of the best TE's in NFL history.
Old 10-20-2015, 09:42 PM

Car Info: 2011 2.5i Spark Silver
Trade rivers. The trade value of him is a lot less than lynch and you can trade some of your RBs for a WR or two.
Old 10-20-2015, 09:58 PM
General Pimpin'

Rivers has the most yards in the NFL by a large margin. But he's got 4 more picks and 2 less TDS than Brady.

Brady doesn't get caught cheating and lying again and he's probably number 1 in every category right now.

Rivers is one of the best back ups you could ask for right now... almost like me having Rodgers. So he's gold for you. He's worth more to other people than he is to you. So you could give him away or you can demand high value for him because if someone says now... oh well.

For me the call rests on what the rest of your team looks like and what the rest of the league looks like. But it's not a bad trade. I'd probably take it. But I'd shoot to upgrade 2 spots with it instead of upgrade at RB and loose QB depth.

You've still got a bye to deal with.
Old 10-20-2015, 11:53 PM

Car Info: 05 LGT Wagon 5spd, '11 R6 Race
gawd my team sucked this week. didn't even hit 90 points
Old 10-21-2015, 08:34 AM
Old School

My team SUCKs

Quick Reply: Official: 2015 Fantasy Football League