Official: 2015 Fantasy Football League

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2015, 09:39 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '02 WRB WRX Wagon
Originally Posted by salvator_rizzo
Shoulda started forsett.... didn't see that coming
It wouldn't have mattered. There could only be #1!!!
Old 10-06-2015, 03:23 PM

Car Info: 05 LGT Wagon 5spd, '11 R6 Race
Ha seriously. Team underperformed hard this week. Your team seemed to be the only one that actually turned some good points! I was the 3rd highest scoring team, everyone was pretty low :/
Old 10-06-2015, 04:58 PM

Car Info: Nadda
Philly has the team to beat IMO, those guys are hittin' on all cylinders.

My WRs suck, shoulda went with better backs this year. Super Underperforming.
Old 10-06-2015, 07:14 PM

Car Info: 2011 2.5i Spark Silver
If anyone is looking for WR help send me some offers. All of mine are available except for Julio. Looking for either an upgrade an elite QB, Gronk or top tier RB or top 5 WR in a two for one.
Old 10-06-2015, 08:47 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by ruehl
If anyone is looking for WR help send me some offers. All of mine are available except for Julio. Looking for either an upgrade an elite QB, Gronk or top tier RB or top 5 WR in a two for one.
Everyone knows the only trades you're gonna make will be insane. What you're looking for is someone who is desperate. LOL! I've got an extra elite QB but I don't know what you have that I'd be interested in. Maybe one of your WR's.

On this week... I've had an odd last 2 weeks. Last week I had the 3rd highest score by a large margin and lost to the number 2 scorer. This week I get locky and the dude I'm up again throws up a dog... but low and behold... so do I. What a crappy week. That was just terrible.

Justin has a great team for sure and they're definitely hitting hard. But I still think Rack has a team I'm really scared of. They've been underperforming and essentially putting him in a place to collect on crazy good waiver options to just get better. He'll get hot and come in to the playoffs going nuts.

I think my team is decent but I'm missing 1 key piece.
Old 10-07-2015, 03:36 AM

I make trades that make sense for my team. Everyone tries to improve their team and trades are one way and the only way if you are top 4 in the league.

Also, I look at trades as in how they help me each and every week. So if I had two great WRs and a huge hole at flex I would trade one of them for two mid grade WRs since they would both start for me each week and their combined output would typical be greater than one of the stud WRs and a waiver wire flyer. I also try to deal depth especially since you can only start a limited number of players per week and almost any upgrade to the rest of your lineup is worth it over the long haul of the season.

I'd be willing to deal a WR, excluding Julio, or two depending on who and their value for Brady. I would also include Taylor for bye week purposes as well.

Last edited by ruehl; 10-07-2015 at 03:48 AM.
Old 10-11-2015, 08:07 PM

Car Info: Nadda
Why is it when my team goes up against anyone else's team they put out the biggest #'s possible? I mean I look around at the other point spreads and I could have beat those on 3 other weeks being 3-1 or something. But when it's against me on that particular week everyone gets big weeks!
Old 10-11-2015, 09:03 PM
previously known as wrxBRAH

Car Info: 2004 FXT
And I lost Jamaal Charles... good game.
Old 10-11-2015, 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by iLoqin
Why is it when my team goes up against anyone else's team they put out the biggest #'s possible? I mean I look around at the other point spreads and I could have beat those on 3 other weeks being 3-1 or something. But when it's against me on that particular week everyone gets big weeks!
But you won this week.
Old 10-13-2015, 11:13 PM

Car Info: 05 LGT Wagon 5spd, '11 R6 Race
jamaal charles is a big loss :/ that's going to be rough

Also woooo that was a solid week for my team

Last edited by salvator_rizzo; 10-14-2015 at 08:47 AM.
Old 10-14-2015, 01:47 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by salvator_rizzo
jamaal charles is a big loss :/ that's going to be rough

Also woooo that was a solid week for my team
It's a season changer for a few folks. For 2 in particular. 1. FXT. Pretty much done. Gonna have to get creative and build a deep consistent team. Lost his main big money dude. And 2. Gagan. He just landed a waiver guy that has the potential to score top 5 numbers every week on a bargain.

Waiver system is gonna end up helping a few people in this league this year for sure. I think the folks in bottom middle of the pack right now are gonna be crazy dangerous at the end of the year because they've been able to build depth and fill holes through waivers. While the guys up top who lost players haven't been able to do that.

Next year I propose a different waiver system. Reverse order is fine but there needs to be a use it and loose it system. You use it you drop down. It creates a more level field. Where guys with less waiver moves who are being smart with them can get priority. Right now the way it's set up the people on the bottom can just continually take swings at the top 5 pick ups week in and week out. If they don't pan out... oh well. Go next week. No risk. High reward.

Really favors people that got off to bad starts because... say... one of the best RB's in the NFL was suspended... or a guy was injured and is coming back now... or they just had a bad start but have a great team. There's a couple of those and they picked up some key waivers.

Just spit balling. Right now I think there are quite a few really good teams. I see a lot of things changing over the next 5 weeks.

Only thing I don't see changing... is Justin. He's going to loose very very few games... possibly none. Barring and injury I don't know who's gonna beat him unless they have one of those freak weeks. Especially if the waiver pick up of the year keeps scoring 30 a game.
Old 10-14-2015, 02:27 PM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
Justin's team is crazy good
Old 10-14-2015, 03:59 PM
previously known as wrxBRAH

Car Info: 2004 FXT
Only takes 1 freak week during playoffs to knock a #1 contender out. Gagan for taking CW. Losing Charles was bad enough but losing out on CW was like getting bent over without lube considering you play me this week.

I'm hoping Dolphins and Lamar Miller find a way to get going this week. Going to need him to step it up to get me consistent 10+.
Old 10-14-2015, 05:25 PM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
I'm not sorry. Weak teams are supposed to get a shot and getting better and making it even in the end. I mean I'm playing without Dez AND so many of my guys are giving me donuts or nearly there every week.

You are still likely to beat me this week, and maybe next week I can grab another guy to build the team up. Doubt I can make the playoffs.

I thought about what you guys want from the waivers, but, to me a guy who lucks on a great draft won't make moves, and that lowers his waiver pick?! What kind of nonsense is that?

I felt like I drafted pretty well, but some of my guys aren't what they should be. That's a great reason why someone who's struggling should get the better waiver position.

I find it funny the year I'm struggling is the year i get early picks in the waiver is the year folks want some waiver change. You see me (slowly) rollin', ya'll hatin'??
Old 10-15-2015, 10:11 AM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by joltdudeuc
I'm not sorry. Weak teams are supposed to get a shot and getting better and making it even in the end. I mean I'm playing without Dez AND so many of my guys are giving me donuts or nearly there every week.

You are still likely to beat me this week, and maybe next week I can grab another guy to build the team up. Doubt I can make the playoffs.

I thought about what you guys want from the waivers, but, to me a guy who lucks on a great draft won't make moves, and that lowers his waiver pick?! What kind of nonsense is that?

I felt like I drafted pretty well, but some of my guys aren't what they should be. That's a great reason why someone who's struggling should get the better waiver position.

I find it funny the year I'm struggling is the year i get early picks in the waiver is the year folks want some waiver change. You see me (slowly) rollin', ya'll hatin'??

Weak teams don't get a free pass. That's what this system is... a free pass. The current set up creates a situation where a top end injury to a team that started well can be a death sentence and that's not fair.

The low end teams should get waiver priority... but if you USE that waiver you should get rotated out. That creates a situation where people actually have to think and teams like FXT that if they haven't used any waivers all year have a shot at filling that injury hole.

The way it works is actually pretty reasonable. My other league is like that. You're not likely to see the number 1 guy with the number 1 waiver but you might see them with a top 5 waiver and at least that gives them a shot at someone. Hell... I just grabbed Brees.

I don't remember the waiver system being like this last year? Where it was constantly in reverse order?

But I'd personally really be interested in setting up a legacy league or whatever they're called. We have a group that seems to finish for the most part... even when they're sucking. I'd like to get in to a league where you can ear mark guys for next year and build year to year. It's something new.

Anyone down to start one next year? We keep this one but run another one parallel? Same rule set with the addition of the carry over factor. And we set up punishments for *****ing out. Etc. I'll talk to my co-worker about his. They take it seriously. Dude has a UFC type belt for winning it all. LOL!

Quick Reply: Official: 2015 Fantasy Football League