Official: 2015 Fantasy Football League

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2015, 11:53 AM
previously known as wrxBRAH

Car Info: 2004 FXT
Originally Posted by joltdudeuc
Didn't help me enough to get into playoffs. You at least are in playoffs.
I'll be 1 and done most likely. I actually had a pretty amazing season considering how many people I lost with my opponents scoring low against me. Pretty sure if we go by points scored, I'm bottom 5.
Old 12-01-2015, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by OneManArmy
Crazy season for you. At least you're honest though. Just talked to my buddy and the commissioner in his league actually goes in and changes his line ups after games have started to get the most points out of his rosters. My buddy caught him but he's denying it. I told him to screen shot his rosters.

Weak.

As for waivers... I honestly think you missed a couple. FXT had a great start to the year and some how managed to do well despite a bunch of huge injuries. Well done for sure.

I think the other team that missed a couple big waiver pick ups was Steel City. There were a few that got through to Kenny that I was like... SOB!
She kept asking for my help for waiver pickup suggestions and I kept blowing her off all season haha. Told her to pickup Allen this week which was money but its too little too late for her.

I did miss a couple of waivers but the problem is I had to save spots for Graham, Miller and Romo for majority of the season. That severely limits who I can pick up plus I had a team with constantly injured guys up in limbo. There was really no way I was getting anyone until I lost the starters to IR.

Last edited by FXTbrah; 12-01-2015 at 12:04 PM.
Old 12-01-2015, 12:19 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by FXTbrah
She kept asking for my help for waiver pickup suggestions and I kept blowing her off all season haha. Told her to pickup Allen this week which was money but its too little too late for her.

I did miss a couple of waivers but the problem is I had to save spots for Graham, Miller and Romo for majority of the season. That severely limits who I can pick up plus I had a team with constantly injured guys up in limbo. There was really no way I was getting anyone until I lost the starters to IR.
Being in the top couple slots most of the waivers that were worth the risk were gone already anyways.

Graham was a difficult player to own this year. I had him on my NFL.com team. He was always projecting super high and always underperforming. But I kept him on my team until he got hurt... even though I picked up Reed when he came back and have been running him most of the time.... even though he'd project at 3 or 4 and Graham would project at 13 or 14... LOL!

Romo... that dude has been a pain in the butt to own the last few years. He was a great bargain QB for a long time because he scored as well or close to as well as most other guys but you could pick him up much lower in the draft. But the last couple years with the team being kind of a mess and him being hurt constantly... tough own. But tough to drop too.

I think you've got as good a chance to do well as anyone in the playoffs. iLogin is the one I'd like to avoid the first round but I'll probably end up catching him. I think any of the playoff teams are capable of making a run for the championship at this point.

My issue will be the RB position. I've basically been getting 5-9 points out of BOTH running back slots combined every week. It's a joke. Bernard should be getting used more but he doesn't. He's a more effective back but Hill gets all the damned TD's. Murray... man I flipped the wrong coin on that one. I was hoping he'd trend up after those 2 good games. With CJ2k down I literally have nothing at RB. At least I could count on 8-15 points out of him every week. With what I have now I'll get crushed first week of the playoffs.
Old 12-02-2015, 09:49 AM

Car Info: 05 LGT Wagon 5spd, '11 R6 Race
What's the playoff bracket look like? top 6?

I might have a chance to sneak it. Playing the Ducks this week not helping. That being said, my team won't carry me far anyway :/
Old 12-02-2015, 09:57 AM
General Pimpin'

LOL. **** this waiver system. I don't know why I bother. I put in 3 just for ****s and giggles and got the one I don't need. LOL! I put 3-5 waivers in every week just for the hell of it and if I'm lucky I'll get 1 because it's someone no one is paying attention too... you know... not on the yahoos top waiver pick ups of the week videos....

I love that Kenny snags an RB that he doesn't need even though he could have got an upgrade at TE that he did need or gotten a kicker fill in.
Old 12-02-2015, 04:56 PM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
It's war. He takes a dude and stuffs the bench so you can't beat him. Just tactics.
Old 12-02-2015, 05:09 PM

Car Info: Nadda
Well Kaep went on IR. Seems like Michael Vick'ish. Wicked arm, legs, athlete... but he's worse on the long ball.

*They said that Kaep had an arm and take shots deep... Blaine is more accurate than Kaepernick deep. *Kaepernick is not known for long *****... because he was absolutely trashthrowing them.
*At least Blaine can hit the mid range pretty good and dump offs. Even Brady is a dump off guy, just really good at deciphering the best matchups and the best vs blown coverages and mismatches. Gabbert obviously isn't as good, but he reads and throws, every once and a while he's tricked... but Kaepernick just didn't read... didn't throw or threw too late.
*Gabbert loves the tight end!

I'm sure he'll start somewhere... but to me he's a future Vick.

One of the guys who is successful with this prototype "dual threat" is Cam Newton, maybe Russell Wilson, everyone else like RGIII and Vick crumbled.

Last edited by iLoqin; 12-02-2015 at 05:12 PM.
Old 12-02-2015, 07:23 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by joltdudeuc
It's war. He takes a dude and stuffs the bench so you can't beat him. Just tactics.
Oh believe me... I'm familiar with it. Dude in this other league I played in forever was notorious for stacking RB's.

I just thought it was funny because he doesn't have a kicker and he wasn't even planning on using him. So he's risking loosing this week to run an RB block. My guess is he'll dump someone 5 minutes before the games start so no one can pick them up in time. Probably Ware. Risking a loss right now is retarded. Especially to Steel City. He looses this one he's out of the play offs.

I have nothing to do with him this week...

he does have great match ups this week. With a kicker I could see him getting up around 150. Steel City has some tough match ups this week. Her only shot at winning is another huge game from Miller and Landry carving up Baltimore.

Funny thing... I think Gagan has a super strong team right now. Could have a big week this week. I think they have Evans projected low.

Rack having Williams fall in his lap right after that trade has turned him in to a beast though. I'm routing for Kiran big time this week. Rack gets in to the playoffs I don't know if anyone can stop him.
Old 12-02-2015, 07:38 PM

For what its worth I have Evans in most of my dfs lineups this week. Last week was his first low scoring week in a while. He just needs a week where he gets looks in the endzone and its 30+ for him. This might be that week as long as Brate doesn't snake the TDs.
Old 12-02-2015, 08:11 PM

Car Info: 2011 2.5i Spark Silver
It made the most sense to grab Johnson and the only TE worth a claim went as the number 1 add to Jay. Also, my RBs arent that strong and Johnson could start for me next week since Ware and Langford are in timeshares and Lacy has had one good week. Also, I typically drop kickers since they have the lowest value along with mid tier D/ST. Other thing to consider is I have to win or I'm out.
Old 12-02-2015, 08:19 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by ruehl
It made the most sense to grab Johnson and the only TE worth a claim went as the number 1 add to Jay. Also, my RBs arent that strong and Johnson could start for me next week since Ware and Langford are in timeshares and Lacy has had one good week. Also, I typically drop kickers since they have the lowest value along with mid tier D/ST. Other thing to consider is I have to win or I'm out.
Exactly. You need to be thinking about this week... and that's maximizing points available. There's a couple kickers out there that will net you 10 plus this week. That's freaking HUGE.

Ware would have made sense to drop. Keep a kicker. Drop him and pick up Johnson... if you were gonna start him this week. Other than that I would have dropped Ware and picked up Vance MacDonald. I think he's going to score more from here on out than Chandler is and he was available.

Dropping Ware there you loose nothing. You have better guys to start the rest of the season... and you keep your kicker points.... and you gain points at TE. Net this week could easily be 25 points compared to dropping a kicker and picking up a guys for your bench that you might start next week.

I'm not saying DJ was a bad pick up. He wasn't. And he wouldn't have made it to me anyways. The joys of this ****ing retarded waivers system. iLogin would have snagged him and I'd rather have him on your bench than on his team... so thank you for that.

I'm just not sure what you were thinking with the whole process.

But that's just me.

Side note... not sure if you've been paying attention but this season kicker scores and defense scores have been a HUGE part of people winning. See Gano and Denver....

Hell... my defense has helped make up for ****ty RB's.
Old 12-02-2015, 09:54 PM

Car Info: 2011 2.5i Spark Silver
Well I'm still going pick up a kicker and a TEim just waiting on some injury news for the TEs and other players on their team that impact their value. Also I know kickers have been influential but they are very random. I actually prefer leagues without them.
Old 12-03-2015, 08:59 AM
General Pimpin'

WTF? Leagues without a TE?

I hate that ****. It's already fantasy why make it more fantasy. I prefer leagues that are set up to follow real life. I'm a football fan not a fantasy land fan.

I prefer leagues were you can run TE at flex.... why? Because some teams run two successful TE's... because sometimes people sit on every running back in the league and you need to run an additional TE to be effective....

Helps keep things a little more legit.

Just like I prefer leagues with 1 less spot on the bench and either rotating or use it and loose it waivers.

No TE's.... Just because you don't have Gronk don't go getting all sour...
Old 12-03-2015, 12:16 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '02 WRB WRX Wagon
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
WTF? Leagues without a TE?

I hate that ****. It's already fantasy why make it more fantasy. I prefer leagues that are set up to follow real life. I'm a football fan not a fantasy land fan.

I prefer leagues were you can run TE at flex.... why? Because some teams run two successful TE's... because sometimes people sit on every running back in the league and you need to run an additional TE to be effective....

Helps keep things a little more legit.

Just like I prefer leagues with 1 less spot on the bench and either rotating or use it and loose it waivers.

No TE's.... Just because you don't have Gronk don't go getting all sour...
I think he was talking about leagues without kickers.
Old 12-03-2015, 01:46 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by bluwrxwgn
I think he was talking about leagues without kickers.
Same statement applies... good kickers change games. Why shouldn't the effect fantasy scores?

You pick the right kicker for the year or the right kickers per situation and you can win based purely on that alone. 2 points or 19 points...

Might as well not have defenses.

Just have a league with QB's and WR's because RB's are useless too.

Quick Reply: Official: 2015 Fantasy Football League