New entry level coilover

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2012, 12:50 PM
It's QQ thankyouverymuch

Car Info: 2011 SWP WRX Hatch
Originally Posted by old.guy
But yes, These are cheap and made for one reason, Profit And most the public is out for cost not shock dyno charts. As crappy as that is. Its funny that the reviews for cheap coilovers are not as bad as they should be. I think people are pre warned that the ride is going to suck and they accept that for their give style or look they want. Not knowing it could be a lot better if they spent a little bit more money.
I think it comes down to experience. The people buy the entry level coilovers don't have any experience to know the difference. So even though the coils they got are only slightly better than stock, they think they are great. Maybe the mass majority also has low standards. Although my BCs are better than what I had before, they don't seem to meet my standards and I feel that there is improvement to be made.
Old 02-07-2012, 12:59 PM

Car Info: MY00 GC6 BRP
Originally Posted by JourdanWithaU
I think it comes down to experience. The people buy the entry level coilovers don't have any experience to know the difference. So even though the coils they got are only slightly better than stock, they think they are great. Maybe the mass majority also has low standards. Although my BCs are better than what I had before, they don't seem to meet my standards and I feel that there is improvement to be made.
Werd, ricer(s).
Old 02-07-2012, 01:12 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2013 Toyota Prius Plug In 2011 Toyota Prius
reading nasioc's comments and eng-gin-neering rants makes my brain bleed.

Entry coilover is exactly what these are from what I can tell. Don't care where it came from as long as the end user is happy imo
Old 02-07-2012, 02:57 PM

Car Info: 2008 Subaru WRX
Originally Posted by Krinkov
teins should have their part number printed on them so just check those on google, its most likely either S-techs (low stiff) or H-techs (not so low not as stiff). Theres better springs out there then Teins but if your happy with the drop and the ride then Konis can only make them better if your riding around on blown stock struts. The really only benefit KYBs have over Konis is price, so if you were already okay with what Konis cost then get them for sure. You'll never hear anyone say they regretted getting Konis instead of KYBs
I do like the drop. But wouldn't mind if it wasn't there either. What springs would you suggest going with the Koni struts? Also found they are the S-techs.
Old 02-07-2012, 03:12 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by steve01982
I do like the drop. But wouldn't mind if it wasn't there either. What springs would you suggest going with the Koni struts? Also found they are the S-techs.
Because of how adjustable Koni's are a lot of springs work. Depends on the drop you want and how stiff you plan on being.

My personal recommendation is usually Swift or RCE.
Old 02-18-2012, 12:41 AM

Car Info: 06 AW STi
bump. any updates/reviews?
Old 02-18-2012, 01:34 AM

Car Info: 04 psm wrx sedan
My bc br coilovers are starting to exhibit excessive jumpiness-bouncing on bumps, but cornering is the same at roughly 55k miles....

I'm looking for new suspension as well...I loved the bc for rigid body, zero roll stability but I want a little more suspension travel because I get inner rear wheel skip on tight turns

Not sure what I want to get next...
Old 02-18-2012, 08:28 AM

Car Info: '06 WRB STi
Suspension Techniques makes coilovers for your car. Basically a KW Variant 1 without the warranty and coating.
Old 02-28-2012, 08:01 AM

Car Info: for the Car Acrobatic Team
So, what's the consensus about these?

Ground Control - Complete Coilover Conversion kit, '02-'07 Subaru WRX & STi (without rear camber plates)
Old 02-28-2012, 09:02 AM

Car Info: '06 WRB STi
I know GC coilovers were good on Civic/Integras/etc with Koni Yellows.

But honestly, if you were going to spend that much on coilovers, might as well just get RCE Tarmac 2 or AST 4100.
Old 03-22-2012, 02:58 PM

Car Info: 06 AW STi
bump for more reviews/opinions
Old 03-22-2012, 06:55 PM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
Originally Posted by drewg13
Sounds like you do have very good basis for comparison. So here's the big question. What is your personal experience with BC coils?
helix on glen's car and Megan's on another impreza
Old 03-22-2012, 06:57 PM
Old School

Originally Posted by old.guy
While everything you say is very true. My set up works and rides great on the track.(teins /revavled/resprung) And ok on the street but I accept that trade off. And my lack of real bushings also take ride quality away. (built motons going in this summer)

As far as coilovers, street vs track there is totally different vehical dynamics at work. Track you have much more speed and downforce among other things working on the car. Street, Rolling stop light to stop light not so much. Hell even the road surface in California would scare me away from coilovers.

But yes, These are cheap and made for one reason, Profit And most the public is out for cost not shock dyno charts. As crappy as that is. Its funny that the reviews for cheap coilovers are not as bad as they should be. I think people are pre warned that the ride is going to suck and they accept that for their give style or look they want. Not knowing it could be a lot better if they spent a little bit more money.
track is also smoother and wider.
Old 03-22-2012, 06:58 PM
Old School

Originally Posted by Tele-Viper
highly recommended!
Old 03-22-2012, 07:06 PM
Old School

Originally Posted by Jodice112
Well Fortune Auto provides dyno plots of their coilovers

Fortune Auto coilovers? - NASIOC

I have no clue how to read them though
I've never seen dyno plots so linear... They are obviously the perfect coil over

Quick Reply: New entry level coilover