New entry level coilover

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2012, 07:39 AM

Car Info: '06 WRB STi
New entry level coilover

Rally Racing Suspension

Looks like Feal came out with a coilover not too long ago that is very reasonably priced. I know their rebuilds are very good and I'm interested in how these things will turn out.
Old 02-01-2012, 08:13 AM
Yeah, You've Probably Never Heard Of Me.

Car Info: 345/30/19s
those are definitely Bor Chuan coilovers, looks like they just added swift springs to them.
Old 02-01-2012, 08:16 AM

Car Info: 07lmtd 6spd wrx eq tuned
Damn, I know these will be awesome... I just ordered a set of BC racing coilovers, should've waited
Old 02-01-2012, 08:29 AM

Car Info: A Dirty Car
Ive been looking to get a nice set of coils, you guys think those will be worth it?
Old 02-01-2012, 10:07 AM

Car Info: 2006 sti
Originally Posted by Volkey
Ive been looking to get a nice set of coils, you guys think those will be worth it?
ive been putting off getting their revalves done,now with these i may pull the trigger after my tune,that is if my motor doesnt implode.
Old 02-01-2012, 10:26 AM
banned

Car Info: 500+ whp Club
Those spring rates are soft........ But what sets these apart from any of the other brands out there. They sound no different then the Tein Flexs, Which you could buy a set used and have them rebuilt for less then these new, Then also have the option to have the edfc.

Not doggin them. Just wondering why you guys like them.
Old 02-01-2012, 10:28 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by old.guy
Those spring rates are soft........ But what sets these apart from any of the other brands out there. They sound no different then the Tein Flexs, Which you could buy a set used and have them rebuilt for less then these new, Then also have the option to have the edfc.

People are all up on the BC tip right now. Loving everything that's coming out made by them and rebranded by someone else. There are tons of them out there right now.

But if you're looking for a cheap coil over it's not a bad way to go.
Old 02-01-2012, 10:30 AM

Here's what Feal had to say about their coilovers

We are not trying to fool anyone with these lower cost coilovers. We found a reputable source for shock shafts, bodies...., and put together a package for those that want to spend less on suspension components. Yes, the majority of the parts are from Taiwan.

We stock parts such as seals and bushings and perform rebuilds and revalves in house. We also warranty these for a year on a street car. Rebuilds for these are only $70 a corner for the original owner.

The default valving for these is minimally digressive and super comfortable on the street. We feel like the best default spring rate for a daily driven GD with the Feal 441' is a 7K/5K. We used Swift springs because they are the rate they advertise, have tons of travel, and somehow ride nicer than anything else we test.

Different spring rates and valving are available at no extra charge while placing the order.

We have tested these on two different GD chassis imprezas. I really believe that the valving and springs will impress anyone that test drives a car with the Feal 441 coilovers.
Old 02-01-2012, 10:38 AM

Car Info: 2006 sti

i had a set of the most $ teins out for my TC. maybe it was because the car was so light,but it rode like total crap.handled great but i had to take a aleve before driving it lol.
Old 02-01-2012, 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by nation
i had a set of the most $ teins out for my TC. maybe it was because the car was so light,but it rode like total crap.handled great but i had to take a aleve before driving it lol.
Yeah I had Tein Flex coilovers with 10k/8k rates and I could feel my *** getting 2-3 inches of air at every dip in the road. I'm only 5'10 and I hit my head on the roof way too many times
Old 02-01-2012, 10:45 AM
It's QQ thankyouverymuch

Car Info: 2011 SWP WRX Hatch
These Feal coils seem aight. I don't think $1500+ is exactly entry level though. Interesting that they make a distinction between "rally", "drift", and "road".

Originally Posted by OneManArmy
People are all up on the BC tip right now.
Yeah... I have a set of BC's. I can't say I am completely satisfied with them.
Old 02-01-2012, 10:49 AM
banned

Originally Posted by Jodice112
Here's what Feal had to say about their coilovers

We are not trying to fool anyone with these lower cost coilovers. We found a reputable source for shock shafts, bodies...., and put together a package for those that want to spend less on suspension components. Yes, the majority of the parts are from Taiwan.

We stock parts such as seals and bushings and perform rebuilds and revalves in house. We also warranty these for a year on a street car. Rebuilds for these are only $70 a corner for the original owner.

The default valving for these is minimally digressive and super comfortable on the street. We feel like the best default spring rate for a daily driven GD with the Feal 441' is a 7K/5K. We used Swift springs because they are the rate they advertise, have tons of travel, and somehow ride nicer than anything else we test.

Different spring rates and valving are available at no extra charge while placing the order.

We have tested these on two different GD chassis imprezas. I really believe that the valving and springs will impress anyone that test drives a car with the Feal 441 coilovers.
Few things there..... A lot of stuff is made in the same place now days. So being made there is really not that big of a deal. They are thinking I bet, sell the coil overs at a lower price point, Make money up in service. Which is why the state what they have in stock for repairs. All coil overs will need service at one point. I do think these will have a soft ride with these spring rates. Which is why they state on the bottom it will "impress anyone" Because 90% of the crowd out there assumes coil overs are going to give you a harsh ride.

And the springs do not control travel. The piston and rods lengths do. It is nice that they will re-valve the spring them for you for free when you order them. So it sounds like they are going for the stance crowd. And they covered their *** on abuse as the one year warranty is for none track cars. Which I think is funny. Last time I checked the roads in California are worse then any race track I have been on. But the track might generate more heat and cause other problems. So if you do track days I'd stay away from these.

Also the $75 per corner is I am betting the labor cost for seals/oil only. Which is market value for this type of coil over. And if the seals are blown. More then likely its going to need more parts then seals and oil.

I'm basing this off of my few years of going thru coil overs and have them rebuilt and replaced over the years.
Old 02-01-2012, 10:53 AM

Car Info: 2004 STI

What's different is that these are valved by a professional driver, and come with a warranty.

Im sure Odi has done his homework on these before he released them to the public.
Old 02-01-2012, 10:56 AM
banned

Originally Posted by nation
Originally Posted by Jodice112
Yeah I had Tein Flex coilovers with 10k/8k rates and I could feel my *** getting 2-3 inches of air at every dip in the road. I'm only 5'10 and I hit my head on the roof way too many times
Its all about spring rates, valving and top hats. That is the reason these guys have such a soft valving and springs. But do not expect to use soft suspension and run wrong offsets or not worry about tire contact with the fenders.
And the roads in California just pain suck...... I had spring rates higher then 10k/8k in my car. But the valving was set right for them. And I could loosen the hit up a tad with the edfc's. Stil sucked, But not as bad. I have much better coil overs setting in my garage now ready to go on later this summer.
Old 02-01-2012, 11:01 AM
banned

Originally Posted by jdblock
What's different is that these are valved by a professional driver, and come with a warranty.

Im sure Odi has done his homework on these before he released them to the public.
I do not think it comes down to one driver/guy doing his homework .... This is a group effort in what is everyone else is doing. Marketing and Engineering team... What does the public want for their street cars. As a lot of coil over systems are sold as track use. Which is why people hate them on the street. They are too over sprung and stiff.

These guys are going soft to fill that market of I want a coil over, But I dont want to get beat in the seat. Which is also why I stated that you will run a risk of fender / tire contact.

Quick Reply: New entry level coilover