Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2005, 12:34 PM

Car Info: 05 WRB WRX Sedan
oh they didnt call it that when i was there
Old 09-27-2005, 12:43 PM

Car Info: 05 STi
Originally Posted by Matth3w
oh they didnt call it that when i was there
Well that's what they call it at Ft. Benning. I'm sure we do things a little differently.
Old 09-27-2005, 12:46 PM

Car Info: 06 EVO IX 67 COUPE DEVILLE
mother ****er haha im gonna get ****ed up
Old 09-27-2005, 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by A 04 GUIZE
mother ****er haha im gonna get ****ed up
Oh, there is not a doubt in my mind about that. Have fun in the CS chamber and if they offer you dessert DO NOT EAT IT!!!!!
Old 09-27-2005, 12:49 PM

Car Info: 05 WRB WRX Sedan
i went to basic at ft. knox so im sure we have a general understanding of what goes on. ft. sill is probably one of the easiest basic training in the army, so dont sweat it too much. after all, if anything, its flat as can be for all the marching youll be doing.
Old 09-27-2005, 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by Matth3w
i went to basic at ft. knox so im sure we have a general understanding of what goes on. ft. sill is probably one of the easiest basic training in the army, so dont sweat it too much. after all, if anything, its flat as can be for all the marching youll be doing.
HAHA Yeah, that's true for sure.
Old 09-27-2005, 01:02 PM

Car Info: 2002 MBP WRX, 2012 OBP STi wagon
heheh.. yes, the good old first day, getting on the bus for the ride from reception to your Basic billet. As soon as the drills step off the bus, that round brown hat goes on, and every single one of them is screaming and yelling 2 inches from your nose, telling you to drop and "beat your face!" (do pushups). It's amazing what a little yelling and close-up intimidation can do to someone.

I had a drill back at FT Leonard Wood, a mean old 88M (truck driver), who was about 5 feet tall, had an underbite like a bulldog, and pretty much acted like one. SERIOUSLY snapped your nose off every time you did something remotely like screwing up. He LOVED grass drills, too... and there didn't even have to be any grass around .

You'll have fun, seriously. Just play the mental game, let your body handle the punishment, and you'll do fine. FT Sill isn't that bad for Basic, and Basic Training in general is not as bad now as it was when I went through. You'll be fine.

Last edited by shadowcat; 09-27-2005 at 01:05 PM.
Old 09-27-2005, 01:09 PM

Yeah, it will be the fastest few months of your life. When you get to graduation you'll look back and say "shiet, it'd be sooooo easy to do again". Enjoy it while you're there. My drill was SFC Akins. SF, Ranger, HALO (with jump star), Master Jumper, CIB totally decked out and he was the nicest guy there. Cool as shiet. Our 1SG was a Delta sniper in Mogadishu and was no one to mess with. LTC McKnight came and spoke at our graduation.
Old 09-27-2005, 01:13 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Black 2003 WRX Sedan
my cousin joined the USMC right after highschool to straighten himself out a little bit. it worked. After that the went on to the Navy becaue they had the jets that he wanted to fly and the programs that would get him to where he wanted to be. The one thing he told me that always sticks out in my head is that if one joins... they better make sure they take a role/job that they want. i dont know if thats the official name for one's duty, but he would tell me how so many kids wouldn't know what they wanted to be and hence the were the first ones called. he became a mechanic in the USMC and now he's a flight school instructor for the NAVY. i heard the same thing from a USMC recruiter that worked near my job a while ago. we would have lunch sometimes just to talk about random stuff and he would tell me how he felt bad for the kids that had no idea what role they wanted to play in the Marines.
Old 09-27-2005, 01:16 PM

Car Info: 2002 MBP WRX, 2012 OBP STi wagon
Originally Posted by 1reguL8NSTi
Yeah, it will be the fastest few months of your life. When you get to graduation you'll look back and say "shiet, it'd be sooooo easy to do again". Enjoy it while you're there. My drill was SFC Akins. SF, Ranger, HALO (with jump star), Master Jumper, CIB totally decked out and he was the nicest guy there. Cool as shiet. Our 1SG was a Delta sniper in Mogadishu and was no one to mess with. LTC McKnight came and spoke at our graduation.
Now that's the God honest truth. The weeks will fly by, and when you get to the end, you'll be surprised at what you managed to accomplish. Seriously, have fun. At my graduation, our entire platoon, in Class As, with our families present, dropped and did 20.... When we got up, the looks on some of the family member's faces were priceless. You'll get some good memories out of Basic, so don't sweat it. Do what you are told, don't mouth off, don't try to succeed at the expense of someone else, be a team player, and you will get through it fine.
Old 09-27-2005, 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by shadowcat
Now that's the God honest truth. The weeks will fly by, and when you get to the end, you'll be surprised at what you managed to accomplish. Seriously, have fun. At my graduation, our entire platoon, in Class As, with our families present, dropped and did 20.... When we got up, the looks on some of the family member's faces were priceless. You'll get some good memories out of Basic, so don't sweat it. Do what you are told, don't mouth off, don't try to succeed at the expense of someone else, be a team player, and you will get through it fine.
Exactly, remember that without everyone else you are noone. If you do things as an individual life will get hard very quickly. If your buddies pushing so are you and if he ****ed up, you ****ed up for not squaring him away. Be a team player.
Old 09-27-2005, 01:44 PM

Car Info: WREX
What is a D1?
Old 09-27-2005, 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by unstble
What is a D1?
It's DI. Drill Instructor.
Old 09-27-2005, 01:49 PM

Car Info: WREX
Oh, makes sense now!
Old 09-27-2005, 02:03 PM

Car Info: 06 EVO IX 67 COUPE DEVILLE
thanks are all the advice guys. yea the only thing im worrried about is i havnt been away from home for this long before. Im just gonna blend in and try not to make myself stand out. I heard about the desert and **** and everyones said "its not for you... dont eat it...your get smoked" Im looking foward to it.

Quick Reply: Mililtary Question