Just got a ticket =/ Please share some inputs

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2010, 01:08 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
Originally Posted by manhands
Why aren't you fighting it?

See my previous posts for the huge pile of reasons why you have a better than 50/50 chance to win fighting it. It's pretty damn obvious to me he singled you out as a "Ricer", if you had been driving a muscle car he wouldn't have said **** to you. I also believe you were doing your best to follow the spirit of the law which will get you off as well.
Because he's acknowledging he was in the wrong and is accepting the consequences like an adult. Actually, I'm sure how many adults in our society accept the consequences for anything anymore, but that's a different rant.
Old 10-04-2010, 01:15 PM

Car Info: 03 WRX
Originally Posted by VRT MBasile
Because he's acknowledging he was in the wrong and is accepting the consequences like an adult. Actually, I'm sure how many adults in our society accept the consequences for anything anymore, but that's a different rant.
Gotta love it when you get held responsible for a new traffic law that you likely didn't know about. Mmmmm, responsibility.

Also there's accepting responsibility and using the system to it's full extent as it was designed and purposed. You fight it to the *letter* of the law, if the state cannot prove that a law as defined was broken, well then congratulations on bringing to light their mistake and enjoy not having a point on your license/going to traffic school/paying a fine+fees+traffic school fee+administrative fees+paper work fees+whatever other bull**** they tack on because you clearly have too much money in your pocket.
Old 10-04-2010, 01:17 PM

Car Info: 06 wrb sti
Originally Posted by bluwrxwgn
What area of 680 was this? The CHP are complaining about the lack of area to enforce Carpool/Express Lane violaters. If it was around that area, I can see more of these tickets popping up cause of the issue they are saying about not enough enforcement area.
680 going san jose. I got pulled over by Hostetter/Capitol Exit
Old 10-04-2010, 01:19 PM

Car Info: Nadda
I heard this law was coming, and sometimes it isn't safe to all merge into the lane over, leaving a lane open in between. That sucks, what dicks. He was probably done giving the guy the other ticket and decided to enforce this law.
Old 10-04-2010, 01:20 PM

Car Info: DGM 2011 WRX
Originally Posted by VRT MBasile
In addition to what Amandyke said:

He slowed down to the speed limit, which was appropriate for the conditions and gave the officer as much room as he could. How is that in violation of the law he was cited for? Do you suggest he slam on his brakes like a rubber necker at an accident scene and create congestion and possibly an accident?

Are you saying if he was driving a beautiful classic muscle car that the cop would've given him the same ticket?

I guarantee he would not have been ticketed in that situation. If he deserved it, more power to him for owning up to it, but it doesn't sound like it.

Just accepting tickets that aren't deserved or are subjectively applied to people aren't good laws and should be fought and repealed.
Old 10-04-2010, 01:22 PM

Car Info: Nadda
Lets all slam on our breaks and cause more accidents (just like the photos around intersections) and cause a jump in accidents and try to move over to give him extra space.

If they state something like "You must not travel more than 25mph" next to a cop (which would seem reasonable as people are OUT of their cars" then it'd be easier to do =0.
Old 10-04-2010, 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by iLoqin
I heard this law was coming, and sometimes it isn't safe to all merge into the lane over, leaving a lane open in between. That sucks, what dicks. He was probably done giving the guy the other ticket and decided to enforce this law.
My toughts exactly, because when we were passing the van, the van just turned on his headlights and was about to leave. Within 2 minutes the cop was on my back lit up and everything. In my mind I was all **** dont tell me my exhaust again (SPT catback). I live in milpitas and has been running this exhaust for almost a year now and no problem or what so ever. Another thought was " what if he pops my hood?" and see all my mods, Boost controller, EWG, headers, ect. And get a state ref. When he walked next to my passenger side he then asked me if i knew this move over law and explained everything. ugh

I was thinking of fighting the ticket but I dont know the INs and OUTs of doing it so. This is my very first ticket ever. I just want to know if this is a serious case and if the fine will be crazy expensive.
Old 10-04-2010, 02:03 PM

Car Info: DGM 2011 WRX
Originally Posted by sticruisin06
I was thinking of fighting the ticket but I dont know the INs and OUTs of doing it so. This is my very first ticket ever. I just want to know if this is a serious case and if the fine will be crazy expensive.
There's no ins and outs, use google: http://tinyurl.com/39sdhay

Ehow has a decent guide as well: http://www.ehow.com/how_2036337_figh...ic-ticket.html

You file not guilty and request a trial by written declaration, it's no big deal. It's super easy, you don't even need to show up at the courthouse. You can if you want but don't have to.

You live in this country, don't be afraid of fighting the legal system because it seems intimidating. You're in the right, will have it easily dismissed and can bask in the glory of sticking it to the man. Learn how it works and understand the system that you are supporting and endorsing by living here!

Last edited by manhands; 10-04-2010 at 02:07 PM.
Old 10-04-2010, 02:05 PM

Car Info: White 05 STI and Silver 05 FXT
thats some bull****
Old 10-04-2010, 02:05 PM

I posted the potential fine as well as point count earlier. Fighting a ticket can be as easy as pleading not guilty and showing up to your court date. However a Trial by Declaration would be a good method for this instance.

Just state that you were unable to change lanes and that you slowed to a speed that seemed appropriate for the conditions. Does your ticket state you were traveling a certain speed when you passed him?
Old 10-04-2010, 02:29 PM

Car Info: Teh Subie
And if you're going too slow on the highway, you get popped for impeding the flow of traffic.

One could argue that the office was in violation of CVC 2400 (a) - "No person shall bring a vehicle to a complete stop upon a highway so as to impede or block the normal and reasonable movement of traffic unless the stop is necessary for safe operation or in compliance with law. "

It was not 'necessary' for the officer to stop the person on the highway, they could have been directed to the nearest offramp. Stopping on the highway/shoulder is not 'necessary' for a L.E.O to enforce "compliance with law" when there are safer alternatives within a reasonable distance for a routine traffic stop.
Old 10-04-2010, 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by STiForFun
And if you're going too slow on the highway, you get popped for impeding the flow of traffic.

One could argue that the office was in violation of CVC 2400 (a) - "No person shall bring a vehicle to a complete stop upon a highway so as to impede or block the normal and reasonable movement of traffic unless the stop is necessary for safe operation or in compliance with law. "

It was not 'necessary' for the officer to stop the person on the highway, they could have been directed to the nearest offramp. Stopping on the highway/shoulder is not 'necessary' for a L.E.O to enforce "compliance with law" when there are safer alternatives within a reasonable distance for a routine traffic stop.
You sir win a gold star.
Old 10-04-2010, 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by Amandyke
I posted the potential fine as well as point count earlier. Fighting a ticket can be as easy as pleading not guilty and showing up to your court date. However a Trial by Declaration would be a good method for this instance.

Just state that you were unable to change lanes and that you slowed to a speed that seemed appropriate for the conditions. Does your ticket state you were traveling a certain speed when you passed him?
yea its says 65 on the ticket
Old 10-04-2010, 02:42 PM

yea its says 65 on the ticket
How does it say he measured it?
Old 10-04-2010, 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by Amandyke
How does it say he measured it?
radar/lidar

Quick Reply: Just got a ticket =/ Please share some inputs