just got pulled over leaving wingstop state ref !

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2008, 02:03 PM

Car Info: Blown Transmissions
Originally Posted by ldivinag
was the exhaust NOT legal? CARB?

otherwise, your buddy has no claim...
It's catless, lol but the cop said nothing about his exhaust, nor did he put it down on the ticket.
Old 09-21-2008, 04:53 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 04 STi
Does anybody know if there's a way to file a formal complaint or something? I think the only real solid thing we got going here is: We all got state ref with no way to comply since all of the state refs are closed. I know that some of the people use their cars as daily drivers, so they are even more likely to get a second violation, which results in an extra point (not sure if it turns into a misdemeanor or not).
Old 09-21-2008, 05:00 PM
03.23.67 - 06.14.13

well if you are gonna file a complaint make sure your vehicle is close to 100% legal or don't even bother.

Otherwise, whats the point?

I'd file a court injunction first to have the cops stop whatever silly crap they are doing...
Old 09-21-2008, 06:17 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 04 STi
I'll be putting on my stock cat back and removing all my gauges, turbo timer, and my catch can =/

I'm not sure what a court injunction is, this is perhaps the most severe ticket I've ever been served.
Old 09-21-2008, 06:21 PM

Car Info: 06 WRX, 04 FXT, 02 Forester L, 95 JDM LGT
i would not file a complaint. you might find yourself being pulled over every time you leave your driveway.
Old 09-21-2008, 06:46 PM

Car Info: .
Originally Posted by rallied out wrx
i would not file a complaint. you might find yourself being pulled over every time you leave your driveway.
This ideology is exactly why cops have carte blanche in todays society.
Old 09-21-2008, 07:39 PM

Car Info: 05 wrx
Originally Posted by Gibz
I wonder if the others were from here or not. Maybe the other that got pulled over are just friends of people here?
+1 I was wondering the same thing. If anyone knows someone that got state reffed Friday night would please let them know. pm me. I feel we will have more strength in numbers.
Old 09-21-2008, 07:43 PM

Car Info: 05 wrx
Originally Posted by Onizuka
Does anybody know if there's a way to file a formal complaint or something? I think the only real solid thing we got going here is: We all got state ref with no way to comply since all of the state refs are closed. I know that some of the people use their cars as daily drivers, so they are even more likely to get a second violation, which results in an extra point (not sure if it turns into a misdemeanor or not).
I'm with you charlie. We need to file a complaint. My car is my daily driver, I need it to get to work and school.
however tomorrow after I get out of class I will call that number on the ticket and find out whats their deal. until then I'm just trying to get everyone together.
Old 09-21-2008, 08:07 PM

Car Info: 20psi Daily!
so anthony got pulled over after having 2 state ref tickets already, and just got another ticket? or did he get his car towed?

I got pulled over by that Officer Singleton too for modified exhaust and got my second SR.
Old 09-21-2008, 08:37 PM

Car Info: 04 impreza wrx R.I.P Daniel Wentz JOEBOBBUCKET
hey there jesse. when i got pulled over that friday night, i was threaten to have my car impounded for 30 days and i go to jail for a day because of failure to comply to get my car fix my state ref....
Old 09-21-2008, 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by xhengmanx
hey there jesse. when i got pulled over that friday night, i was threaten to have my car impounded for 30 days and i go to jail for a day because of failure to comply to get my car fix my state ref....
ohh but they decided not to? now im scared haha id better start putting everything back to stock
Old 09-21-2008, 09:03 PM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
Alright,

The exhaust law used to be 95db at50ft, now it's to the officers discretion. This should be the fix it style ticket.

They gave you the state ref ticket, well, cause they can. Cause it's the best way to rape you for money. It's completely ok, and they can give state ref tickets to any car they want, it's just like saying "hey, I think your car is out of compliance, so take it to the ref for an inspection..." No reason or rhyme to it.

Technically a catback is NOT something SMOG related, nor is anything before the air filter. So Air filter to last cat is to be untouched in CA.

Honestly for all you guys who are modified, it sucks, but that's a risk you take guys. I'm sorry they were *******s, but most of you technically are breaking the law, and you will just have to face the facts.

In terms of the Refs being closed, you'll just have to wait until they are opened to get tested. The court will just push the date until they are open. It's cheaper to do some elbow grease and put your intake and exhaust back to stock and remove your turbo timer and other ECU add ons and pay the smaller fine. To pay the non reffed fine will be HUGE.

Also, this is Santa Clara County. The only county in the area that has it's OWN traffic court building. 2 court rooms with commissioners, and a 12+ window clerk... Traffic is a business in SCC and you WILL NOT win if you contest. It's the only ticket I never won (for my cousin), and I'm 2/2 win and 3/3 beating the system in Alameda County. After 5 speeding tickets in 3 years and zero points I've read a lot about this stuff and I've helped many fight bogus tickets.

It ain't happening in SCC. To even plead not guilty you will forfeit your right to traffic school, it's in the fine print. SCC is a ****ing scam, and nothing you can do about it.
Old 09-21-2008, 09:04 PM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
Originally Posted by xhengmanx
I believe you can choose to pay the fine, but then you car may be classified at a gross polluter and that mean the can crusher if you get caught. I'd have to read up on it again.
Old 09-21-2008, 09:23 PM

Car Info: '04 WRB STi Stage 2
this government is pure shi1t. no way to put it nicer.
Old 09-21-2008, 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by joltdudeuc
I believe you can choose to pay the fine, but then you car may be classified at a gross polluter and that mean the can crusher if you get caught. I'd have to read up on it again.
wow really? please elaborate on this if you get the chance to read up on this

Quick Reply: just got pulled over leaving wingstop state ref !