just got pulled over leaving wingstop state ref !

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2008, 11:57 AM

Car Info: 05 cgm imp
do you guys do runs out there or just a legit chop it up meet?

there's two meets here, one in kohl where its straight chop it up car talk meet. cops came by few times and they were all cool but then again up the street is the trade joe's meet and they do runs out there.
Old 09-20-2008, 12:00 PM

Car Info: 03 WRB WRX Wagon
totally a chop it up meet, all we do is converse and eat, nothing aggressive at all
Old 09-20-2008, 12:57 PM

Car Info: Your mom
That's kinda why I don't really go out at nights anymore. SJPD are retarded...

I did one Big Dogs meet that was it so far, saw only one cop but he never stopped or did anything.

As far as "runs" go, I have not really even seen anything in years my self. When I use to go to the "runs" I was like 16 and they were here in south san jose off bailey or montery road. Last I heard they are in Sunnyvale and Milpitas or what ever, i'm really not too sure how they work now days being I dont care for them, they are nothing but trouble and they get your car impounded.... So all these "racers" are causing us car ethusiast trouble....

I 100% agree KEEP IT ON THE TRACK!...
Old 09-20-2008, 01:00 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 04 STi
Very interesting guys, if all the state refs are closed, how are we supposed to comply? Are we just getting slapped with a huge fine?
Old 09-20-2008, 01:03 PM

Car Info: Blown Transmissions
As me and my friend left 2 cops took off after us 1 followed him and 1 followed me, he got pulled over, and I did not but I don't how the **** I got away (my axleback if taken off :P) the cop did not notice his exhaust, and just gave him a ticket for his turbo heatshield and a stock airbox part...(my friend had them in the back he had just bought them and hasnt had time to put them on) if they werent in his backseat he might of gotten away clean, I thought I was going to get pulled over for sure though.
Old 09-20-2008, 01:11 PM

Car Info: '11 White Shelby Cobra GT 500
Originally Posted by Onizuka
Very interesting guys, if all the state refs are closed, how are we supposed to comply? Are we just getting slapped with a huge fine?
There is another thread on here about the ref stations being closed. I think everyone that has been going to court they are being given a 3 month extention or something for when ref stations come back. That being said they take our cars off the road mim 3 months :/ I don't know if you can just pay off the fine or not.
Old 09-20-2008, 01:36 PM

Car Info: LUMPY CGM 05 WRX
Originally Posted by Onizuka
I asked one of my CHP buddies about this situation and his reply was best case and worse case. The worse case being the most probable. The state will send your letter in the mail within 30 days asking you to pay the full amount of the fine, or you will be given a court date and an extention. I would opt for the court date. Also remember with reguards to the illeagal exhaust. There is a part of the vehicle code that says you are not allowed to replace your exhaust with anything other than the OEM exhaust but that was changed because that is not always possible. The law then read you can replace your exhaust with a suitable replacement. That is subjective so it now reads according to the message posted earlier in the thread as long as it is not too loud which is again subjective and up to the officer. Modified exhaust means did you remove the muffler or is the muffler damaged and unservicable or too loud. I would find the message from earlier in the thread bring it to court with you and fight it. Take pictures of the muffler and show that it is there. As long as the ticket is for "Modified Exhaust" you should win according to the state. If the ticket is for exhaust too loud then you have to prove that it is not. IMO from a armchair lawyer if its for modded exhaust you should have it in the bag.
Sorry to hear about all you guys getting reffed. Just goes to show the ignorance of some cops. Maybe if they were out patrolling the most used race areas they would actually catch some "street racers" not Automobile enthusiests.

Last edited by Shayhan27; 09-20-2008 at 01:38 PM. Reason: crappy spelling
Old 09-20-2008, 01:53 PM

Car Info: '04 STi
Originally Posted by lanz0r
As me and my friend left 2 cops took off after us 1 followed him and 1 followed me, he got pulled over, and I did not but I don't how the **** I got away (my axleback if taken off :P) the cop did not notice his exhaust, and just gave him a ticket for his turbo heatshield and a stock airbox part...(my friend had them in the back he had just bought them and hasnt had time to put them on) if they werent in his backseat he might of gotten away clean, I thought I was going to get pulled over for sure though.
Am I reading this right and he got a ticket for having loose parts in the back seat of his car? WTH?!?!?! How is that even possible?
Old 09-20-2008, 02:23 PM

Car Info: '11 White Shelby Cobra GT 500
Originally Posted by JasaJin
Well if it helps I just wrote the mercury for you guys.
If you don't mind can we see what you wrote to them?
Old 09-20-2008, 02:23 PM

Car Info: www.pinoymamba.tumblr.com
Originally Posted by chubs22
Am I reading this right and he got a ticket for having loose parts in the back seat of his car? WTH?!?!?! How is that even possible?
haha thats worse than his ticket for the heatshield.
Old 09-20-2008, 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by chubs22
Yup, stupid cop

Originally Posted by 03_Impreza_Al
haha thats worse than his ticket for the heatshield.
Yeah, he got a state ref ticket for the stock airbox part, the triangle shaped part that goes right under the hood, and the turbo heatshield

on the ticket it says "Modified air director and heat shield intake"
Old 09-20-2008, 02:59 PM

Car Info: www.pinoymamba.tumblr.com
Originally Posted by lanz0r
on the ticket it says "Modified air director and heat shield intake"
wow... lol I cut up some sheet metal and wrapped around my intake I should take it off just in case
Old 09-20-2008, 03:00 PM

Car Info: 2008 Subaru STI
wow!!! i guess they were really crackin down on people yesterday, sorry for what happened to u guys but same thing happened to me, i was on my way to go bowling with my friends and i decided to take capitol....bad idea.... i saw a nsx get pulled over as soon as i made a right. i guess they were just finishing what ever they were doing and the cop pulls me over. he ended up saying he pulled me over for my exhaust...(i got a blitz nur spec, loud as hell)
he poped my hood and asked bout my intake but had the sticker so he let that go but i didnt get state ref he just gave me a fix it ticket and said get it signed off before nov 21 and your good.... after an integra passes us and he started to chase him and pulled him over....wow
Old 09-20-2008, 03:08 PM

Car Info: LUMPY CGM 05 WRX
Ok so I am staying the hell away from San Jo for awhile too bad I have to go right across from city hall tomorrow.
Old 09-20-2008, 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by 03_Impreza_Al
wow... lol I cut up some sheet metal and wrapped around my intake I should take it off just in case
No he had NO intake, it was the stockairbox he had on, the heatsheild was a turbo heatshield lol

Quick Reply: just got pulled over leaving wingstop state ref !