just got pulled over leaving wingstop state ref !

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2008, 11:02 AM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
Originally Posted by PikkaGTR
sometimes I just want to purchase a 510 datsun and swap in an SR20 with open downpipe and drive around town @30mph in 2nd and be loud and obnoxious all over the place!
must be nice to say to the guy....sorry but the violations your trying to pin on me don't apply buddy...
SMOG stuff may not, but the law states all cars must have and adequate muffler. You'd still get some sort of fix it ticket.

-Gagan
Old 09-22-2008, 11:26 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by SSFWRX
Just call a civil rights lawyer. They love profiling and discrimination cases. That's their bread and butter, and what better than to sue a police department and get lots of moola. The reason they're doing it, is because modified cars are easy targets and a great source of revenue.
This is what I was thinking. Mustangs. BMW. Audi. Corvette. Camaro. Etc. All these cars have forums and organized meets. I saw a huge one just the other day. NONE of them go through what the honda, subura, read IMPORT cars go through.

I see/hear anywhere from 10 to 20 cars and trucks... american with LOUD exhaust and some CLEARLY heavily modified that don't even get second looks. I drove be 3 CHP today. ALL 3 stopped what they were doing and stared me down. I just waved and drove by going EXACTLY the speed limit. *** holes.

someone needs to do the research as I"m sure it'd show CLEAR profiling. I'm sure they'd just say... well what you're doing breaks this law that law, etc and get away with it but this is stupid.

They clearly waited and popped as many cars as they could after you guys got off private property.
Old 09-22-2008, 11:27 AM
Old School

Originally Posted by A.V.E.
i thought after you pay, you're clear???

when i paid my last ref ticket, santa clara county as well, they mentioned my record was clear of that ticket.

i was talking to my co worker who is a san jose resident all her life, and she too agrees that SJPD is really strict.
It may be that if you fail then you get classified as such.

How much was your fee?
Old 09-22-2008, 11:27 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
funny that they have time for this **** but all over the state violent crime is on a HUGE upswing.

Stop hiring so many ****ing CHP Arnold. Cut their budget and give some money to the education system.

Hire some more REAL cops to bust REAL crime.
Old 09-22-2008, 11:35 AM
Old School

Originally Posted by OneManArmy
funny that they have time for this **** but all over the state violent crime is on a HUGE upswing.

Stop hiring so many ****ing CHP Arnold. Cut their budget and give some money to the education system.

Hire some more REAL cops to bust REAL crime.
Train real cops. Or maybe kick out these state legislators and phony bureaucrats. ****ing make me sick. They see the $ incoming with tickets, and that's about it.
Old 09-22-2008, 11:41 AM
rau
Something Custom

Car Info: You guys mad.
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
This is what I was thinking. Mustangs. BMW. Audi. Corvette. Camaro. Etc. All these cars have forums and organized meets. I saw a huge one just the other day. NONE of them go through what the honda, subura, read IMPORT cars go through.

I see/hear anywhere from 10 to 20 cars and trucks... american with LOUD exhaust and some CLEARLY heavily modified that don't even get second looks. I drove be 3 CHP today. ALL 3 stopped what they were doing and stared me down. I just waved and drove by going EXACTLY the speed limit. *** holes.

someone needs to do the research as I"m sure it'd show CLEAR profiling. I'm sure they'd just say... well what you're doing breaks this law that law, etc and get away with it but this is stupid.

They clearly waited and popped as many cars as they could after you guys got off private property.
I will agree with this statement. My A4 used to have an OBNOXIOUSLY LOUD exhaust system, and I never got pulled for it. doing 85 on the bridge with CHP nearby, never got pulled over. In the Impreza L, pulled over ALL THE TIME.....

Spoolin415 can attest to this. When he had his heavily modded GTI he never got pulled over for any of the mods.
Old 09-22-2008, 11:44 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 04 STi
Does anybody know if SJ Mercury News posted anything about our incident?

Also, those other people that got tickets on Sunday, can you guys post up your infractions?
Old 09-22-2008, 11:46 AM

Car Info: '06 RBP Impreza 2.5i
Better yet, is their a petition/letter to SJPD/City in the works yet? I'll be glad to sign it.
Old 09-22-2008, 12:14 PM

Car Info: Porsche 911 GT3
for those of you that got tickets, would you please tell us what type of exhausts you have and how loud and what other mods you have in your cars? how noticeable is your car.
Old 09-22-2008, 12:43 PM
rau
Something Custom

Car Info: You guys mad.
Originally Posted by Onizuka
Does anybody know if SJ Mercury News posted anything about our incident?

Also, those other people that got tickets on Sunday, can you guys post up your infractions?
what happened on Sunday?
Old 09-22-2008, 03:31 PM
03.23.67 - 06.14.13

Originally Posted by kitsune713
Better yet, is their a petition/letter to SJPD/City in the works yet? I'll be glad to sign it.

this works like those internet petitions...

best bet is still a court injunction.

time for people to pony up $$$$ to hire a lawyer.
Old 09-22-2008, 03:46 PM
banned

Car Info: heel'n toe da hoe...
Sorry to hear about all this...

Did anyone see that kid selling crack on the corner in front of the cops? Or the guy robing the old lady in the parking lot next door? Oh wait ... The cops have better things to do.

Since its public info. Do a report scan for crime in the area that night. Since that will help your case. They would have clearly had better things to do.

Once again.... Sorry for your troubles...
Old 09-22-2008, 03:51 PM
banned

Oh you need to get the owner of wing stop, the paper, and the mayor of SJ involed.
Then file a profile complaint with CHP.

Its hard to fight because they have a volation on each car they stoped. If there was no voliation it would have been better or easier to prove profiling. But if you all come togther you might pull it off. Cops count on the fact most will not pool togther to fight. If they ever pull you over and ask if anything is under the hood. "No officer. The dealer works on my car as its still under warenty!"

At most you might be able to give the local pd a black eye in the public eye. But getting the owner and the mayor talking about losing customers in the paper might help slow this down.
Use the current state of the economy to help your story. Papers love that stuff.
Old 09-22-2008, 04:14 PM
banned

Originally Posted by ldivinag
if you get a very understanding judge, this crap is so simple to kill...
Get everyone to apear in court at the same day and time. The judge will should see the BS that went down.

After you win in court then file against the PD's Because then you have proof of a bogus ticket.
Old 09-22-2008, 04:59 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: RIP: 04 WRB SEDAN Now Rollin' in STi
Originally Posted by joltdudeuc
It may be that if you fail then you get classified as such.

How much was your fee?

for front plate being on the side where my fog light cover is

and emissions: fmic, intake

Quick Reply: just got pulled over leaving wingstop state ref !