Japan fundraiser idea

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2011, 12:58 AM

Car Info: hopes and dreams
Originally Posted by irrational x
not to be a nationalist dick... but there are ~7000 homeless people in the peninsula.

why are you doing a fundraiser for Japan when there are now, and have always been, thousands of needy people right in your own neighborhood?
I am throwing a charity event for Japan because not only did they just have an 8.9 earthquake they also just had a major tsunami. There is over 18000 deaths + injured , homeless. People in America have homeless shelters and soup kitchens also people donating to them everyday. People in Japan have no homes , work , most could not get a hold of their friends and family even if they wanted to. How about this you throw an event for the homeless in the peninsula , bay area , northern california etc and i will attend your event , sound good? Ok
Old 03-21-2011, 01:30 AM

Car Info: 07 black piggy STI, 1996 Integra LS
not to be a nationalist dick... but there are ~7000 homeless people in the peninsula.

why are you doing a fundraiser for Japan when there are now, and have always been, thousands of needy people right in your own neighborhood?
Because different things matter more to different people. Don't get me wrong I completely understand where you're coming from, having felt the same frustration before, but it's simply rude to bash someone working to benefit a good cause. Or he could've been slightly ignorant on this subject, like me. But now that you have brought it to my attention, if you started something like this for the 7000 homeless people in the peninsula, I would completely support your cause and would love to help better my own neighborhood. Doesn't mean you have to be a dick right?
Old 03-21-2011, 10:02 AM

Car Info: Bus Muni Walk.

Why are you hating? "don't be mad because nobody loves you"

Serious Note
When: April 3rd
Where: Red's Java House Pier 30
What Time: Show starts at 12-4/5
Roll in:9 AM
Price: Showing $15 per car, $1 for passengers. $1 donation for spectators.
This is all non profit and will all benefit Japan.
There is will be raffles and donations given to the cause by Vendors and will be a lot of fun. Spread the word.
Red's Java house owner was very kind to the cause and let us use his lot free of charge. This is a nice venue with the Bay bridge in the background for whoever would like to take pictures. There is plenty of parking spaces available for spectators and cars that are showing. Thanks!
Old 03-21-2011, 10:38 AM

Car Info: 1992 Skyline GTR BNR32
Think globally, act locally....but to each his own. That's the whole part about charity and fund-raising work - the organizer can choose who receives the funds, when and how.

Good causes should never be bad-mouthed.
Old 03-21-2011, 12:11 PM

Car Info: MY00 GC6 BRP

You sound like you could use a hug.

Lets start a fundraiser for irrational x too!!

Hug fundraiser!!!
Old 03-22-2011, 12:22 AM

So i just had a very large group meeting , i will have full event details , sponsors list and flyer up by the end of the week i believe! My group and I will be having meetings everyday until the day of the event so i will keep you guys posted and post a new thread shortly so there is not to much clutter in there. Thanks for the support guys , you to are doing great things even if you cannot attend.
Old 03-22-2011, 05:29 PM

new thread! https://www.i-club.com/forums/meetings-events-donuts-91/japan-relief-gathering-car-show-meet-229733/
Old 03-22-2011, 05:46 PM

Car Info: 2015 Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE
we should have it at reds java house in sf, a lot of parking and a good spot for pics
Old 03-22-2011, 05:49 PM

The new thread is updated with all the instructions this thread just got to cluttered with stuff , btw it is at Red Java's ! the owner is allowing us to use his lot free of charge!