I got $8K burning a hole in my pocket, someone talk me out of this!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2010, 01:58 PM

Car Info: 1992 Skyline GTR BNR32
Originally Posted by Paul@dbtuned
BTW... I have various repair manuals in pdf format.
thank you, sir, but the previous owner actually gave me hard copies of the original books and manuals. Plus my mechanic has worked on many, many GTR's so he knows his way around this machine.

much appreciated!
Old 08-17-2010, 02:04 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2018 Golf R Variant
Wow... So awesome. What an experience! How does it look under the hood and in the door jambs and such? Curious about the color change is all. Pics show the car looking pretty hawt. One of my all time favorite cars and my favorite Skyline ever.
Old 08-17-2010, 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by wombatsauce
Wow... So awesome. What an experience! How does it look under the hood and in the door jambs and such? Curious about the color change is all. Pics show the car looking pretty hawt. One of my all time favorite cars and my favorite Skyline ever.
The car is pretty dam clean for an 18 year old....cleaner than most 18 year olds
Old 08-17-2010, 02:34 PM
Chewwwwy

Car Info: Random, yet well planed selection of jdm cult cars
Originally Posted by Paul@dbtuned
BTW... I have various repair manuals in pdf format.
Do you have r33gtst ones as well?
Old 08-17-2010, 02:50 PM

Car Info: 06 wrx wagon
Originally Posted by dchoi23
i honestly haven't owned this thing long enough to think about selling it. i'm a sensible guy though.... if either of those two buyers brought me $20k cash, i'd probably sell it..... then i'd be the guy with the shortest vegas trip (3 hrs) and the shortest ownership of a skyline....
plus most people lose money going to vegas.
Old 08-17-2010, 03:09 PM
Yeah, You've Probably Never Heard Of Me.

Car Info: 345/30/19s
Originally Posted by wombatsauce
pretty sure thats the stock gray color?
Old 08-18-2010, 12:01 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2018 Golf R Variant
Originally Posted by Krinkov
pretty sure thats the stock gray color?
And you would be right, however it mentioned in the ad that the car was originally blue and was re-sprayed that color. Color changes always weird me out because I have never yet seen one that was done right because.... Doing it right is prohibitively expensive.
Old 08-18-2010, 12:12 PM

yes, it was re-painted and I got the receipts for it. the guy paid a good amount of money to have this thing painted and I'm pretty sure they did not give him any vaseline to ease the pain....
Old 08-18-2010, 12:19 PM

Also, another thing - 98% of everyone on i-club is cool and I got no problems with anyone on here. The 2%'ers - stop wasting my time and yours....just because I bought the car for $8k doesn't mean I'm going to sell it for that amount nor is it worth that little.

just because I got this car at a great deal doesn't mean you get the same deal. The opportunity was there for everyone as shown on CL and I put in the time, $$$, resources and am continuing to put in more $$$ to get her running, get new wheels and upgrade the brake system (as I believe this is all she needs).

so please, no more PM's asking if you can buy this thing for $10k or less. I will only entertain serious CASH offers of $25k and above. This car has a ton of mods and as my mechanic will tell you, "the car is nearly perfect."

For everyone else, thanks again for the support and congrat's. Anytime anyone here wants a ride or would like to check it out in person, I'm more than happy to come out to a meet or whatever (pending registration which is also going to cost me about $1500-$2000).

Cheers
Old 08-18-2010, 12:20 PM

^ I'm guessing the car's at AutoHQ?
Old 08-18-2010, 12:22 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
NO TRUER WORDS HAVE EVER BEEN SPOKEN ON i-club!!!

Also, another thing - 98% of everyone on i-club is cool and I got no problems with anyone on here. The 2%'ers - stop wasting my time and yours....just because I bought the car for $8k doesn't mean I'm going to sell it for that amount nor is it worth that little.

just because I got this car at a great deal doesn't mean you get the same deal. The opportunity was there for everyone as shown on CL and I put in the time, $$$, resources and am continuing to put in more $$$ to get her running, get new wheels and upgrade the brake system (as I believe this is all she needs).

so please, no more PM's asking if you can buy this thing for $10k or less. I will only entertain serious CASH offers of $25k and above. This car has a ton of mods and as my mechanic will tell you, "the car is nearly perfect."

For everyone else, thanks again for the support and congrat's. Anytime anyone here wants a ride or would like to check it out in person, I'm more than happy to come out to a meet or whatever (pending registration which is also going to cost me about $1500-$2000).

Cheers
Old 08-18-2010, 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by TurnWRX
^ I'm guessing the car's at AutoHQ?
Yup. Kevin has one overseas (i believe) and he's worked on quite a few of these.

Kevin has been a huge help starting from the beginning. THANKS Kevin and AutoHQ!
Old 08-18-2010, 12:38 PM

Yup. Kevin has one overseas (i believe) and he's worked on quite a few of these.

Kevin has been a huge help starting from the beginning. THANKS Kevin and AutoHQ!
wait he owns a skyline as well?
Old 08-18-2010, 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by TurnWRX
wait he owns a skyline as well?
That's what I heard from a mutual friend but then again, you never know about hearsay
Old 08-18-2010, 12:45 PM

by the way, what do you guys think about the Silver BBS wheels from an STi on this thing? Just curious.

Also, looking at some Advans and SSR's.

And in case anyone is selling, I would like to buy some Brembo's for the R32 (5x113.4) and/or a BBK (stoptechs, wilwoods, etc). thanks

Quick Reply: I got $8K burning a hole in my pocket, someone talk me out of this!!!