I got $8K burning a hole in my pocket, someone talk me out of this!!!

Old 07-25-2010, 04:22 PM

Car Info: 05 wrx
Originally Posted by Spoolin415
This.

I remember hearing of confiscations after the fact due to sketchy paperwork.
the r32s they brought over were okay... they did all the crash testing and whatnot for it... it's the models after that are f'ed up... they used the same info of the r32 for the r33 and r34 and thus are no go.
Old 07-25-2010, 04:23 PM

Car Info: Evo X GSR, F250 Powerstroke Diesel
Ehhhh, a quick interwebz search found this. I wonder what the VIN is on this 8k steal? If it sounds to good to be true....you know what they say.

First, let me introduce myself. I am a detective with the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department. I work a multi-jurisdictional, multi-agency vehicle theft task force in Los Angeles County called TRAP. I picked up the criminal investigation against Motorex and Hiroaki Nanahoshi a little over two weeks ago. The case started in 2005 when someone from Motorex reported the theft of (5) Skylines from their shop. That investigation was originally handled out of Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department’s Compton Station.

Since then, Hiro and an accomplice had been arrested on some other charges. That criminal case is being handled by detectives from Compton Sheriff’s Station. The case I am handling centers on fraud committed by Motorex as a corporation, and by Hiro, it’s president.

Motorex was a Registered Importer of Nissan Skylines, authorized by NHTSA/DOT to do so after certain testing and other requirements were met. Motorex imported these cars for many servicemen, and also for sale to customers in the United States. One of the requirements was that Motorex had to perform modifications and upgrades to these vehicles before NHTSA would allow them to be released to the general public.

I served a search warrant approximately two weeks ago at Motorex’s now abandoned shop. The only Skyline left there was one that had been crashed, and stripped. I seized numerous items of paperwork, many identifying vehicles and owners.

In these two weeks, I have learned many things. I have examined several Skylines, and I have talked to many people. There are several key points which I wish to make with the Skyline community here.

First, I have been in contact with NHTSA. They are aware of numerous issues with Motorex and the vehicles which Motorex had released or sold. After identifying a problem, they investigated, and when they had enough evidence to support their case, they revoked Motorex’s importation status. There appears to be evidence of fraud on the part of Motorex, but NHTSA is aware that the owners of these vehicles (third party purchasers and owners who had contracted with Motorex to have work performed) are victims. NHTSA has stated that they have every desire to work with Skyline owners to bring their vehicles up to standards, and ultimately, release the bonds on the vehicles. NHTSA is sympathetic to everyone’s plight, and I do not believe that they are the enemy here. Although I do not work for, or can speak on NHTSA’s behalf, I can say that I do not believe that they are going to crash through people’s doors to seize their Skylines. In fact, NHTSA is a regulatory agency, and not an enforcement agency.

Second, Detective Salmon and I are investigating a criminal case against Motorex. We are not out to seize anyone’s Skylines unless they are stolen. We are interested in pursuing this case because we believe that a lot of people have been defrauded, and we want to secure prosecution of any guilty parties involved. If anyone is in possession or know of the whereabouts of the Skylines with the following chassis numbers, then you need to contact me. These vehicles have been reported stolen.

1. BNR34-403075
2. BNR34-400755
3. BNR34-005468
4. BNR32-312046
5. BNR32-214507

Additionally, all of the Skylines that belong to customers that were at Motorex, but are no longer there since the business is now empty, may also be stolen. Contact me if your vehicle has disappeared, or you think you may have one of those vehicles.

You may be a victim of fraud if:

1. You contracted with Motorex or Hiro to import a Skyline from Motorex, but the vehicle was not delivered or has since disappeared.

2. You bought a Skyline from Motorex, but the vehicle was not delivered.

3. You bought a Skyline from Motorex, but the vehicle does not meet U.S. standards.

4. You contracted with Motorex to modify your Skyline to U.S. standards, but the Skyline still does not conform to U.S. standards.

I can be contacted at my office number, which is (562) 345-4262. I have prepared a complaint form which I urge you to complete and send back to me if you feel that you are a victim.
Old 07-25-2010, 04:24 PM

Car Info: Evo X GSR, F250 Powerstroke Diesel
Car is in Las Vegas too? So very close to Motorex. Just so happen to be in storage for a couple years?? I duuno....
Old 07-25-2010, 04:31 PM
Yeah, You've Probably Never Heard Of Me.

Car Info: 345/30/19s
Originally Posted by SR20steve
Car is in Las Vegas too? So very close to Motorex. Just so happen to be in storage for a couple years?? I duuno....

First, let me introduce myself. I am a detective with the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department. I work a multi-jurisdictional, multi-agency vehicle theft task force in Los Angeles County called TRAP.

lol ya i know, and yeah I am very familiar with the ongoing Motorex/RBmotoring Skyline import saga, though I know of a few other ways around it, not really secrets if you know anyone driving JDM cars on CA streets, the infos out there if you look for it

but I just cant do this right now, I really wish I didnt see this add, though if this things legit I hope someone here picks this up and gives me a ride!

Last edited by Krinkov; 07-25-2010 at 04:50 PM.
Old 07-25-2010, 04:58 PM
BanHammer™

Car Info: 2001 Forester RS2 SPEC-F
if I remember correctly, they only crash tested the R33s and then were trying to slip R32s and R34s under the same testing.
Old 07-25-2010, 05:23 PM

Car Info: with the blinkers on
$8K is a very suspicious number, he wants this thing GONE. Like by the end of today.
Old 07-25-2010, 05:28 PM

Car Info: 2015 Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE
get it then i can buy it off you lol
Old 07-25-2010, 05:45 PM
Da Brit.

Car Info: http://tinyurl.com/3vo4362
Too lazy to take pictures while selling the car = he doesn't have access to the car or it looks different than pictured.
Old 07-25-2010, 05:46 PM
aka FlukeWRX

Car Info: '03 WRX WRB Sedan
Originally Posted by RU-X
the r32s they brought over were okay... they did all the crash testing and whatnot for it... it's the models after that are f'ed up... they used the same info of the r32 for the r33 and r34 and thus are no go.
Originally Posted by Mr. Xevious
if I remember correctly, they only crash tested the R33s and then were trying to slip R32s and R34s under the same testing.
Yup, that's what I remember as well. It was the R33 models that they brought over and did the Crash Testing on. The R32 & R34 are the one's that would have more problems.
Old 07-25-2010, 06:34 PM
rau
Something Custom

Car Info: You guys mad.
Sell me your RS for the $1k you bought it for, and buy the R32
Old 07-25-2010, 06:48 PM

Car Info: Teh Subie
Supercharge the Vette
Old 07-25-2010, 06:51 PM
Yeah, You've Probably Never Heard Of Me.

Car Info: 345/30/19s
Originally Posted by STiForFun
Supercharge the Vette
this is better, twin GT35s

http://www.airpowersystems.com/corvette/c6.htm
Old 07-25-2010, 07:17 PM

Car Info: wrx02
This one doesn't sound right. Might get rob.
Old 07-25-2010, 08:02 PM

Car Info: Forester XTi
Smells like a bad deal to me, I would stay far far away from it.

Hell you got 8k in your pocket, use it, and your RS as a trade in, and get a new STI
Old 07-25-2010, 09:14 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Corvette Z51
It's super cool, but super scary at the same time.

BTW, saw an R33 with Jersey plates on 19th Ave. a couple weeks ago.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: I got $8K burning a hole in my pocket, someone talk me out of this!!!