House help

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2013, 10:54 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by 04GG
I have a dirt driveway LOL, but our roads are mostly paved Still only ~6 mi from Starbucks though

No neighbors is a good thing.......most of the time
Yeah. Where we're at now is pretty out there. Gilroy is technically only 9 miles or so away but you're really talking about 20 minutes to get to a store of any kind. Watsonville the same. Santa Cruz is 45 minutes-1hr depending on traffic.

Our closest neighbors are about 1/8th of a mile away and there are only a few houses out here. Tons of property. Used to have a lot of land to do donuts on, build dirt jumps for my bike, **** in the wind, etc. But every since they leased out the land and we have field workers out here it's gone down hill.

I've been burglarized a couple times now. I've had guns shot off in front of my door and one time I walked out my front door to find a guy with a rifle in my front yard. We had 8000 plants run by a cartel found out by my house. A couple dead bodies. An attempted rape literally on my drive way. Dude kidnapped/carjacked a lady and took her to my drive way. Bunch of tagger hood rats out here now. Shooting off guns and just being punks.

They know when I leave... loud as car. I can't tell you how many times I've left for the weekend and before I even hit the highway I get a phone call... they're shooting off the automatic rifles again. They wait for me to leave because they know I won't put up with it.

It's gotten ****ty out there. Tired of having dirty cars. My suspension is jacked. Far from my family. Far from my friends. Wife is literally alone when I leave and it's gotten unsafe.

We came up on a house a block from my folks in a killer area of town. Great school district. Decent price. House 2 down sold for almost $200k more than we paid 6 months ago. Lord willing we'll be able to pay the damned mortgage. LOL!
Old 03-21-2013, 11:25 AM

Car Info: 05 wrx wagon, 90 celica alltrac, 66 mustang
I am picturing a wagon moving mafia. I have fit sooo much stuff on/in my car. Sometimes I wish the wagon would have a sort of tailgate that would fold down. Like the glass up tailgate down deals.

Glad you are getting out of an area like that Ray. Sounds sketchy! I am all for living out in the sticks but not near a grow! Must have been a lot on your mind to leave the family in an area like that and go to work for the day.
Old 03-21-2013, 12:39 PM
If in doubt, FLAT OUT

Car Info: 2010 Hatch, 2011 Sedan
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
Yeah. Where we're at now is pretty out there. Gilroy is technically only 9 miles or so away but you're really talking about 20 minutes to get to a store of any kind. Watsonville the same. Santa Cruz is 45 minutes-1hr depending on traffic.

Our closest neighbors are about 1/8th of a mile away and there are only a few houses out here. Tons of property. Used to have a lot of land to do donuts on, build dirt jumps for my bike, **** in the wind, etc. But every since they leased out the land and we have field workers out here it's gone down hill.

I've been burglarized a couple times now. I've had guns shot off in front of my door and one time I walked out my front door to find a guy with a rifle in my front yard. We had 8000 plants run by a cartel found out by my house. A couple dead bodies. An attempted rape literally on my drive way. Dude kidnapped/carjacked a lady and took her to my drive way. Bunch of tagger hood rats out here now. Shooting off guns and just being punks.

They know when I leave... loud as car. I can't tell you how many times I've left for the weekend and before I even hit the highway I get a phone call... they're shooting off the automatic rifles again. They wait for me to leave because they know I won't put up with it.

It's gotten ****ty out there. Tired of having dirty cars. My suspension is jacked. Far from my family. Far from my friends. Wife is literally alone when I leave and it's gotten unsafe.

We came up on a house a block from my folks in a killer area of town. Great school district. Decent price. House 2 down sold for almost $200k more than we paid 6 months ago. Lord willing we'll be able to pay the damned mortgage. LOL!
Damn that sucks. Big congrats on the move then! Sounds like a win-win.

We have a "plantation" on the edge of our community too, but we only occasionally get that kind of crap around our place, and definitely nothing that serious. If there's gunfire in my neighborhood, it is usually ME lol.
Old 03-21-2013, 11:05 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: psm.03.wrx.wgn
Man, as hospitable as you've been over the years on the cabin trips as well as just helping the i-club community in general, I can't see why I can't offer a hand, bruddah.

I dunno how much help I'd be as far as moving TONS of heavy stuff. As you know, I ain't the burliest guy, but I hold my own. Plus, I'm looking to do up our garage floor this spring, so it'd be nice to see part of the process firsthand.

I'm free all day Sat. And there's a chance I could come thru as early as tomorrow afternoon, but I won't know til before lunchtime. I hit you up tomorrow.
Old 03-21-2013, 11:09 PM

Car Info: 2011 WRX Hatchie
Pretty sure I'm free on Sun, and I've done my garage before. PM me with details.
Old 03-22-2013, 03:47 AM

Car Info: '11 White Shelby Cobra GT 500
Congrats on getting a house
Old 03-22-2013, 09:39 AM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by Gibz
Congrats on getting a house
Thanks. I'll post up some pictures. I have a bunch.

We've been working on the house for a couple months now. Totally transformed the place.

Had some friends and my brothers helping big time at the early stages. We ripped out 3 walls. The flooring out of 2 rooms and the entire kitchen. Window covers. Etc.

Extended the hardwood. Had it sanded and restained. New kitchen. New island. Paint. Light fixtures. it's coming together pretty awesome.
Old 03-22-2013, 09:40 AM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by Steven@Coach
Pretty sure I'm free on Sun, and I've done my garage before. PM me with details.
Sent you a PM. Could definitely use some help on Sunday.

I think my dad is gonna help me clear the garage out tonight. I'll then tape it up and clean it tonight. I'll come back tomorrow to do the acid etch. Paint on sunday.
Old 03-22-2013, 09:43 AM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by boardoholic
Man, as hospitable as you've been over the years on the cabin trips as well as just helping the i-club community in general, I can't see why I can't offer a hand, bruddah.

I dunno how much help I'd be as far as moving TONS of heavy stuff. As you know, I ain't the burliest guy, but I hold my own. Plus, I'm looking to do up our garage floor this spring, so it'd be nice to see part of the process firsthand.

I'm free all day Sat. And there's a chance I could come thru as early as tomorrow afternoon, but I won't know til before lunchtime. I hit you up tomorrow.

No pressure man. I know it's a long trip for you. The main part I'm stressed about is sunday... paint day. And tonight. I have 2 huge hutches to move out of there. So hopefully I can get my dad or my brother out there to help me. But Jordan is splitting to go snowboarding all weekend so I don't know if he'll stop by.

And then the heavy moving days are going to be that weekend of the 6/7 of april. It's insane how much work I still have to get done. That house is a **** hole. I need to get a dumpster out there to get ride of everything we're not taking. Still have to finish the basement and the garage packing. The whole shed has to be gone through. Etc. Gonna be a long couple weeks.

So if you can't make it out there man don't stress. Sat is gonna mainly be spending a few hours acid etching, set up the dehumidifier and then go home to do more packing.
Old 03-22-2013, 09:48 AM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by 04GG
Damn that sucks. Big congrats on the move then! Sounds like a win-win.

We have a "plantation" on the edge of our community too, but we only occasionally get that kind of crap around our place, and definitely nothing that serious. If there's gunfire in my neighborhood, it is usually ME lol.
Yeah... the funny thing is. I'm pretty damned mellow. I let people do what they're gonna do so they can do the same for me. I have been known to throw some HUGE parties.

They started shooting... no big deal.

I didn't start getting pissed until it was rifle fire at 10pm at night. And then the decided it would be fun to drive right in front of my house and let off a clip. My brother in law as on the porch. Just got back from Iraq. Bunch of B.S. I had the back two doors covered with my 870 and he had the front door covered. I thought for sure they were coming at us.

Ended up calling the cops on them 2 or 3 times. Never did a damn thing. Even that time I was just talking about. I watched the sheriff come down the drive way. I watched the car that fired the rounds drive the other way. They literally drove into each other. The sheriff didn't do a damned thing. Called me and said that they told her that it wasn't them... they heard it to. She let them go. I was like... ummmm??? I just watched the whole thing go down? WTF are you doing.

And then get this... I finally had enough of it. Went down in the river bed with an AR15. Sheriff was at my house probably 2 minutes after I came out of the river bed. Bunch of *****es. So yeah... time to leave.
Old 03-22-2013, 02:39 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: psm.03.wrx.wgn
No pressure man. I know it's a long trip for you. The main part I'm stressed about is sunday... paint day. And tonight. I have 2 huge hutches to move out of there. So hopefully I can get my dad or my brother out there to help me. But Jordan is splitting to go snowboarding all weekend so I don't know if he'll stop by.

And then the heavy moving days are going to be that weekend of the 6/7 of april. It's insane how much work I still have to get done. That house is a **** hole. I need to get a dumpster out there to get ride of everything we're not taking. Still have to finish the basement and the garage packing. The whole shed has to be gone through. Etc. Gonna be a long couple weeks.

So if you can't make it out there man don't stress. Sat is gonna mainly be spending a few hours acid etching, set up the dehumidifier and then go home to do more packing.
Seems like I'd be more helpful to come thru for the big moving days. I've got tentative plans that wknd. Nothing solid yet, so I'll keep you posted.

Hopefully, Steven can come thru on Sun to offer help from the time he did his garage.

And I don't mind making the trip out your way at all. Plus, I can always pop over to see my other South Bay homies on the way down or back, too. 2 birds 1 stone dealio.
Old 03-22-2013, 02:58 PM
General Pimpin'

You're always welcome man. Even if it's just to shoot the ****. I haven't seen you in a long time man. You got my cell. I can text you the address if you decide to head out.

Need to get these photos up on photobucket so I can post em. New house is coming along good. Went in there last night... contractors hung some of my closet doors upside down. I'm like... WTF dude... you can't tell the little squares go on top. Not some on the top some on the bottom... Hitting the taquila too early man.
Old 03-22-2013, 07:08 PM

Car Info: '11 White Shelby Cobra GT 500
Sounds awesome and looking forward to pics!! Our house is finally done inside just doing the finishing touches outside and the garage. Our project took longer due to family health issues and such but its almost done thankfully. So glad you guys are getting out of where you were and into a house you will love!

Thanks. I'll post up some pictures. I have a bunch.

We've been working on the house for a couple months now. Totally transformed the place.

Had some friends and my brothers helping big time at the early stages. We ripped out 3 walls. The flooring out of 2 rooms and the entire kitchen. Window covers. Etc.

Extended the hardwood. Had it sanded and restained. New kitchen. New island. Paint. Light fixtures. it's coming together pretty awesome.
Old 03-23-2013, 08:30 AM
Nobody likes the tuna here

Car Info: 03 SRP WRX Street Class Prepped, 17 Chevy Duramax
I wish I could come help this weekend but I'm totally loaded. Working a Saturday even!

My phone does not exist in a Harem. But on the interwebs it does.
Old 03-23-2013, 11:22 PM
General Pimpin'

My back is killing me. Degreased it twice friday. Acid etched it 4 times today.

Quick Reply: House help