Old 12-11-2011, 03:44 PM
Churro Aficionado

Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
pics?
Old 12-11-2011, 03:45 PM
previously known as wrxBRAH

Car Info: 2004 FXT
Originally Posted by wilde
Forgot to mention there is a gap difference between the sides of the hood and the fender lol this is just a pos
you sure its a blobeye hood and not for another year? I can take a look at it during the week for you and we can adjust it during my lunch or after work.
Old 12-11-2011, 03:45 PM

Car Info: $2000 hawkeye
You would think they have a template or something? I feel worried the latch will give during high speeds/high winds.
time for hood pins
Old 12-11-2011, 03:53 PM
Yeah, You've Probably Never Heard Of Me.

Car Info: 345/30/19s
Forgot to mention there is a gap difference between the sides of the hood and the fender lol this is just a pos
theres also an adjustment for this, its on the hood hinges, losen the both bolts on both hood hinges a bit (the blots that go into the car, no the two that go into the hood) those hinges have enlarged holes as well so you can adjust the hood so the gaps are even and them tighten them back down.

Do this first and then do the hood latch adjustment, voila! Your hood will fit like stock!
Old 12-11-2011, 04:05 PM

Car Info: 05 white WRX
I'm on mobile no pics as of now. @Krinkov I was in a fender bender and that whole piece is bent towards the radiator. The original hood latched all the way with a little push. @Wrxbrah it is the correct hood but ok sounds good, I'll stop by Tuesday or Wednesday.
Old 12-11-2011, 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by Krinkov
theres also an adjustment for this, its on the hood hinges, losen the both bolts on both hood hinges a bit (the blots that go into the car, no the two that go into the hood) those hinges have enlarged holes as well so you can adjust the hood so the gaps are even and them tighten them back down.

Do this first and then do the hood latch adjustment, voila! Your hood will fit like stock!
I knew there had to be!! The holes didn't look like they were adjustable though but I might as well give it a go
Old 12-11-2011, 04:18 PM
Churro Aficionado

Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
I'm on mobile no pics as of now. @Krinkov I was in a fender bender and that whole piece is bent towards the radiator. The original hood latched all the way with a little push. @Wrxbrah it is the correct hood but ok sounds good, I'll stop by Tuesday or Wednesday.
So if your radiator support is bent in toward the engine, why are you saying the hood is a POS and not fitting???
Old 12-11-2011, 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by stupidchicken03
So if your radiator support is bent in toward the engine, why are you saying the hood is a POS and not fitting???
That's not the problem. The original still latched fine. The problem is that the sides of the hood are flush when it's not latched and the front has a gap. When you pop your hood the sides become uneven with the fenders. I'll get pics
Old 12-11-2011, 05:04 PM
Yeah, You've Probably Never Heard Of Me.

Car Info: 345/30/19s
I knew there had to be!! The holes didn't look like they were adjustable though but I might as well give it a go
yeah adjust the hood gaps at the hinges first and tighten down, then do the latch, it sounds like its really close to latching all the way so if you have to open up those holes another 1/8th of an inch you'll probably get enough adjustment, dont worry, it will be fine, this is what the do at every body shop. And yeah Im sure the original hood was still latching because it got bent along with the rad support when you got in the accident.
Old 12-11-2011, 06:03 PM

Car Info: 1998 M3, 2016 WRX
My friend had the same problem. He hit the back of a CRV right against the rear spare tire and it crushed his hood in a bit. Hood wouldn't latch anymore and had to go to a body shop to straighten out the radiator support. I'm pretty you need to straighten it to get the fit you want.
Old 12-11-2011, 06:21 PM
previously known as wrxBRAH

Car Info: 2004 FXT
your radiator support is probably off. mine was and i had to hammer that **** to make it sit somewhat decent. come by whenever and if we cant figure it out, ill take it to my boys bodyshop down the street and have him tell us whats wrong.
Old 12-11-2011, 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by Krinkov
yeah adjust the hood gaps at the hinges first and tighten down, then do the latch, it sounds like its really close to latching all the way so if you have to open up those holes another 1/8th of an inch you'll probably get enough adjustment, dont worry, it will be fine, this is what the do at every body shop. And yeah Im sure the original hood was still latching because it got bent along with the rad support when you got in the accident.
Ok sounds good appreciate the help man!

Originally Posted by KrAzYkld
My friend had the same problem. He hit the back of a CRV right against the rear spare tire and it crushed his hood in a bit. Hood wouldn't latch anymore and had to go to a body shop to straighten out the radiator support. I'm pretty you need to straighten it to get the fit you want.
I hit a tow hitch on a GMC Envoy so pretty much same scenario

Originally Posted by wrxBRAH
your radiator support is probably off. mine was and i had to hammer that **** to make it sit somewhat decent. come by whenever and if we cant figure it out, ill take it to my boys bodyshop down the street and have him tell us whats wrong.
Will do bro. I'll text you and let you know!
Old 12-11-2011, 08:37 PM

Car Info: 97' Dodge Cummins and an RSTI thingie
there's also an adjustment on the rubber stoppers that the hood closes against you can screw them in or out.