Herra Frush is illegal in CA

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2013, 10:53 PM
Loves the Anime

Car Info: STWODUCES
Hellaflush is just a fashion statement like useless body kits and big spoilers.
Old 06-26-2013, 11:06 PM

Car Info: Nadda
Modify your car how you want, as long as it doesn't pollute and/or cause injury (99% driver related problem than car malfunction issue) you're fine. Not too sure what some folks here are gladly ticketing people with modded cars.

Tint, does it kill someone? No. Funny police cars use it.
Big wheels? Big deal?
Tires that grip? Uhh isn't that better to have control?
Camber, as long as they aren't racing on the street I don't care if they have to replace their tires every change?
Loud exhaust? How about them motorcycles rockets and harleys?
Too far to the ground? I remember in physics this gives better control when turning, less chance to flip too. This would be deemed as safer? I wonder why sports cars are low to the ground... maybe they should be high off the ground like monster trucks

Pollution hmmm, am I going to be worried about 1 car drivin 30min-1hr a day. Or a whole big company building polluting 24/7 manufacturing things?
Old 06-26-2013, 11:16 PM
I survived the Mod Challenge and all I got was this lousy title

Car Info: ...zeh car drives you!
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
I personally think it's comedy that cars get so strictly monitored for modifications that often do NOTHING to effect smog and only go to help the safety of the car all the while not paying attention to the cars driving around with no brake pads, worn tires, no tail lights, busted head lights, etc.

I like how some other states do it... stricter AND annual safety inspections. Looser on smog.

Fact of the matter... modified cars have nearly nothing to do with the state of pollution in this world. It's literally all for money and to keep the neive liberals of california happy... and the idiotic year round law makers employed.
Agreed. I am fan of Virginia's program (DMV.org: The DMV Made Simple ) annual safety inspections and you don't need to pass smog bringing a car in if you have a valid emissions test within 12 months from almost everywhere else. All they care is that it passes the sniffer test; they focus on the overall safety of the vehicle.

Also, most states have rolling 25 years periods for smog exemption. After that period you get a pat on a back for maintaining your car so well and a pass for the remaining of the car's life. California instead has a fixed exemption year and amkes it a living hell on everyone else.

Originally Posted by rau
You forget how it works Joe. People hate what they dont like, but will defend what they have on their car to the death.
Did you actually read my post, Walter? I said I support any automotive enthusiast regardless whether I like it as long as it makes some sort of logical sense. I also said not everyone spends as much attention, effort and money building their stuff right like Joe...that's compliment if you didn't notice.

I have problems when other people that think they can defy laws of physics by removing much of the safety margins and compliance out of their cars as possible. Braking, handling, suspension and crash dynamics are not subjective; that's my point.
Old 06-26-2013, 11:20 PM

Car Info: $2000 hawkeye
Originally Posted by iLoqin
Modify your car how you want, as long as it doesn't pollute and/or cause injury (99% driver related problem than car malfunction issue) you're fine. Not too sure what some folks here are gladly ticketing people with modded cars.

Tint, does it kill someone? No. Funny police cars use it.
Big wheels? Big deal?
Tires that grip? Uhh isn't that better to have control?
Camber, as long as they aren't racing on the street I don't care if they have to replace their tires every change?
Loud exhaust? How about them motorcycles rockets and harleys?
Too far to the ground? I remember in physics this gives better control when turning, less chance to flip too. This would be deemed as safer? I wonder why sports cars are low to the ground... maybe they should be high off the ground like monster trucks

Pollution hmmm, am I going to be worried about 1 car drivin 30min-1hr a day. Or a whole big company building polluting 24/7 manufacturing things?
This and that such as HID kits....
People have to open their mind, that's all we need.
Old 06-27-2013, 02:10 AM

Car Info: 06 WRB Wagon #wackfitmentsteex
I couldn't disagree more with the general statement that "hellaflush cars are a danger to others."
If I wanna roll around at or below the speedlimit on 215's what's the harm in that. running a ****ty setup like that with awd is safer than the masses of FWD owners hooning beaters with bald tires.
I just don't see why people have to attack eachothers personal preference on a forum which we all share a common passion. All I can say if another subie owner came up to me and started badmouthing my car, it'd bumm me out.... really. I love your car... can you at least appreciate mine?
Sorry for the sentimental undertones. Long day lol.
Old 06-27-2013, 06:01 AM

Car Info: 03 bucket stage 11/32
Originally Posted by 1JavaBlk_in_Sac
This and that such as HID kits....
People have to open their mind, that's all we need.
No, **** that hid "kits" are dangerous to other drivers. I am not talking about properly retrofitted projectors into stock housings. I am talking about the majority of idiots that slap some 8k 50$ ebay bulbs and ballasts into their stock headlights and think that because they aren't on the receiving end of that eye sore that they cause no harm to anyone else on the road. You blind on coming drivers, you blind drivers in front of you, and you have less useable light output than factory. It is fail on all levels.
Old 06-27-2013, 08:23 AM
Loves the Anime

Originally Posted by 98eclipseRS

No, **** that hid "kits" are dangerous to other drivers. I am not talking about properly retrofitted projectors into stock housings. I am talking about the majority of idiots that slap some 8k 50$ ebay bulbs and ballasts into their stock headlights and think that because they aren't on the receiving end of that eye sore that they cause no harm to anyone else on the road. You blind on coming drivers, you blind drivers in front of you, and you have less useable light output than factory. It is fail on all levels.
Its worse when idiots drive with their high beams on. Hid kits dont bother me as much as they only come and go.
Old 06-27-2013, 08:28 AM

Car Info: 2016 WRX, 2014 lifter forester XT, 2005 JDM207 WGN
Oh boy lol lots to read lol
Old 06-27-2013, 09:51 AM
Loves the Anime

Originally Posted by 04caliwrx
Oh boy lol lots to read lol
hahah you already know what this thread is turning into or what it's about. "herrafrush vs herrafrunkcional"
Old 06-27-2013, 10:08 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by subysteez
I couldn't disagree more with the general statement that "hellaflush cars are a danger to others."
If I wanna roll around at or below the speedlimit on 215's what's the harm in that. running a ****ty setup like that with awd is safer than the masses of FWD owners hooning beaters with bald tires.
I just don't see why people have to attack eachothers personal preference on a forum which we all share a common passion. All I can say if another subie owner came up to me and started badmouthing my car, it'd bumm me out.... really. I love your car... can you at least appreciate mine?
Sorry for the sentimental undertones. Long day lol.
Unfortunately that's the nature of the beast. No one is going to have a car that everyone likes and that's not the point. The point is to have a car that YOU like.

I see flush cars all the time that I'm like... damn that's a nice car. Not for me... but nice.

But then again I see a ton of stanced out hellaflush cars and 98% I think... WTF is the point of that ****. It's ugly, dangerous and just flat out retarded. Especially with a subaru. But that's me. Put your money where you want... just don't be surprised when someone talks **** about it. ANY extreme of anything someone will talk bad about it.

Look at my caddy.. it's a big *** cadillac. I've got it about 2 inches of the ground with a bunch of body work. Some traditionalist will hate it. it's got side skirts and a visor... some custom guys will hate it. The paint work is gonna **** some people off. Etc etc.

Some folks would have saved money and dropped a SBC in it instead of rebuilding the original like I did. I'd talk **** about them. But then when we both break down in BFE and they can go to kragen to fix their car and I have to overnight parts from some caddy specialty shop... they'll be home a few days before I will... laughing the whole way.

So it's really not worth getting worked up over.

I personally think super wide tires with crazy stretches tires and retarded camber is stupid and pointless on subarus.

but then again... something about this... I like... so sue me.

Old 06-27-2013, 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by OneManArmy

I personally think super wide tires with crazy stretches tires and retarded camber is stupid and pointless on subarus.

And personally I think modifying a Cadillac is equally dumb. We are both entitled to our opinions.

Think what you want, just keep it to yourself. It's not a club if members bash eachother and.... Oh wait now I remember why I hate the internet/car forums. Bunch of macho *******s going "my car is better than yours."

Edit: not directed @oma. I'm talking about anyone with an opionon

Last edited by subysteez; 06-27-2013 at 10:51 AM.
Old 06-27-2013, 10:55 AM
Technical Know-It-All

Car Info: '02 WRX + '15 WRX
Old 06-27-2013, 11:01 AM

I take it back lol, that caddy is pretty Cool.
Also OMA ,can you post a pic of your cad. I'm curious now!
Old 06-27-2013, 11:19 AM
I survived the Mod Challenge and all I got was this lousy title

Car Info: ...zeh car drives you!
Originally Posted by iLoqin
Too far to the ground? I remember in physics this gives better control when turning, less chance to flip too. This would be deemed as safer? I wonder why sports cars are low to the ground... maybe they should be high off the ground like monster trucks?
Soooo...what you are effectively saying is companies like BMW or Porsche that invest years and millions of dollars engeening sports car from sratch to be low with appropriate handling and suspension dynamics...is the same thing as a trend following kid on a budget slamming his car on cheap coilovers and crappy tires for under a $1,000?
Old 06-27-2013, 01:18 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by subysteez
And personally I think modifying a Cadillac is equally dumb. We are both entitled to our opinions.

Think what you want, just keep it to yourself. It's not a club if members bash eachother and.... Oh wait now I remember why I hate the internet/car forums. Bunch of macho *******s going "my car is better than yours."

Edit: not directed @oma. I'm talking about anyone with an opionon
It's cool man. I hope you know I don't mean any offense to you. I've never seen your car. It could be dope for all I know.

Fortunately we're not a club. LOL! If we were club we'd have hostile take overs and people booted out every day. haaaaa. (I'm actually in a real club... where you pay dues and all that jazz.)

Side note...

Mine is a 4 door and has a visor... it'll be burgundy and black but you get the point...

Last edited by OneManArmy; 06-27-2013 at 01:20 PM.

Quick Reply: Herra Frush is illegal in CA