Help! I need a gun, and info. Priority #1

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2011, 02:04 PM

Car Info: 7 Series "Sport"
Originally Posted by kspek
half of my self defense stash.

If you're in Cali thats an interesting way around the whole bullet button / small cap mag restriction.. numerous pre-loaded weapons.. Hah!

Although the next 3 houses in any direction are now in your background.
Old 01-06-2011, 02:07 PM

Car Info: FR-S + WRB Bugeye.
Originally Posted by NorCalPaintball
I'd get a few guns, as Obama is gonna outlaw them soon... <no dodgy>

mail order rounds are being outlawed in February, I'm stocking up...
Yeah Ive been stocking up on ammo to. Just got a mail order of ammo in todays mail as a matter of fact lol. probably going to order more to.

do you play PB? there's a good group of guys up there... Armed Force.
I've always wanted to, but never got around to it. my money was always going to my car, and now guns & ammo. Someday I'll get into I'm sure, good practice.
Old 01-06-2011, 02:08 PM

Car Info: '12 FXT Touring
Originally Posted by Bouncer
If you're in Cali thats an interesting way around the whole bullet button / small cap mag restriction.. numerous pre-loaded weapons.. Hah!

Although the next 3 houses in any direction are now in your background.
geeeeezzz... why would you seriously need an arsenal?

arsenal = a bunch of the same caliber guns
collection = just a bunch of different guns

i would have to say that this is a small arsenal, which i see no need for unless you are heading a local militia.
Old 01-06-2011, 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by Alliedforces86
Yeah Ive been stocking up on ammo to. Just got a mail order of ammo in todays mail as a matter of fact lol. probably going to order more to.

I've always wanted to, but never got around to it. my money was always going to my car, and now guns & ammo. Someday I'll get into I'm sure, good practice.
well there's all sorts of good people who will/can help with that... there's a field in Davis, in Vacaville, Sac, Modesto to name a few. norcal paintball people are all very inviting and will help you with anything at all.

yes, you learn to run and shoot at the same time, either handed. and get to live to fight another day...

def much different than military style tactics though.

with all those rifles, you could put a down payment on a house in a better neighborhood...

my concern is: what happened in any major catastrophe when people dialed 911? answer: busy signal.

by buddy got a gun pulled on him in traffic, called the po-po's, busy signal. he stopped in front of a fire station, guy drove off. people in katrina, busy signal, people in San Bruno fire, busy signal, people at rodney king riots, busy signal. the LA riots, in Korea town, wasn't messed with at all... they piled up trash at each end, started fires, and stood out front with guns. nobody went down those streets. no cops were there protecting anybody. oakland/richmond is funny too... top 5 most dangerous cities in the entire US and they laid off officers... WTF. oakland's gang task force consists of like 7 officers to like 2000+ known gangsters. i got hit and run, first people say it's not their jurisdiction, gave me a diff # to call... i did, the first thing they said is "how did you get this #". nobody wanted to help me at all. at some point, you have to be able to protect yourself as I do not rely on anybody else to protect me or my family. that's for damn sure. us californians have feinstein to thank for all these random *** laws only applicable to california.

Last edited by NorCalPaintball; 01-06-2011 at 02:26 PM.
Old 01-06-2011, 02:11 PM
plays well with others

Car Info: your mother crazy
Originally Posted by ryball
Just get a shotgun. With a Knox stock, you wife will have no problem handling it.
this
Old 01-06-2011, 02:11 PM
If in doubt, FLAT OUT

Car Info: 2010 Hatch, 2011 Sedan
Originally Posted by nic3krnnamja83
Where the hell in Santa Rosa do you live?

I had some "not so savvy" neighbors move into my neighborhood. I did the neighborly thing and introduce myself. Better to friends with them then make enemies. I'm not saying don't be cautious. But come on man, if you can buy a house, so can they. I think it is a little much to think buying a gun is going to solve your problems.

Also think about it, gangbangers run in groups vs little ol you, I think your odds are better spent buying a security system and better door locks.

I also think the actions which you display to these guys would be seen as more threatening. Remember, they aren't intimidated by you, you are of them.

I am not anti-firearms, I own my share. But I never bought them with the soul purpose of protecting myself because I felt threatened by my new neighbors.
Hate to say it, but I think this is probably the best answer, at least initially. We had the same thing happen earlier this year. ONE house in the neighborhood got some less than desirables set up shop selling out of their garage. We already have guns, but guns don't protect your stuff during the day when you are at work, and if your guns are there (and aren't locked up) and you aren't then your guns could go bye bye too. Well it only took a few months for that house to quiet down, and presumably that is because someone got locked up. We haven't seen the "man of the house" in months, just the wife and kids... so if they are truly gangbangers, they won't be around too long.

I agree with the trying to hit them up and talk to them just to see how they are. I have friends that LOOK like gangbangers (low riders and all ), but they are all good
Old 01-06-2011, 02:15 PM

Just remembered! There's a gun show at the Cal Expo this coming weekend, 8th and 9th! I'm going to check it out and try to get somemore .45 ammo. Go check it out, play with a bunch of guns, and I'm sure there will be alarm/security booths there giving out info and selling stuff. You might find your answer there
Old 01-06-2011, 02:23 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: non subarus
geeeeezzz... why would you seriously need an arsenal?

arsenal = a bunch of the same caliber guns
collection = just a bunch of different guns

i would have to say that this is a small arsenal, which i see no need for unless you are heading a local militia.
you can tell it's all the same caliber just by looking at the stock?

there's
1 30-06 in there
1 12gag
1 22lr
2 5.56 (1 16" and 1 20")
1 50 beowulf
1 308
Old 01-06-2011, 02:24 PM

Just get a shotgun. With a Knox stock, you wife will have no problem handling it.
I have a 870 with a knox stock and with Nitro turkey or buck shot it still kicks pretty good. Honestly don't know how much good the stock is doing, but I know it's doing something the way it's designed. I may just be a bit*h lol. When I wear body armor it sofens the kick about 80%. Birdshot's fine though lol

edit: Now that I think about it, my girlfriend handled it ok, at least for a few shots.
Old 01-06-2011, 02:27 PM

there's
1 30-06 in there
1 12gag
1 22lr
2 5.56 (1 16" and 1 20")
1 50 beowulf
1 308
I want a Beowulf upper built AR so bad. Bullets are expensive though. devastating weapon
Old 01-06-2011, 02:30 PM

there's
1 30-06 in there
1 12gag
1 22lr
2 5.56 (1 16" and 1 20")
1 50 beowulf
1 308
no, can't tell the caliber by looking at the stock.

i guess i was referring to the extreme quantity, and all the stocks looked the same/similar so it looked like a bunch of the same guns. and you have high power rifles for home defense?

and you said it was only half. and this isn't including hand guns, etc.

just seems a bit unnecessary to say the least.

and you could probably have used the cash to live in a better neighborhood instead of buying $20k+ worth of guns. none of which look like they are used for hunting.

Last edited by NorCalPaintball; 01-06-2011 at 02:42 PM.
Old 01-06-2011, 02:35 PM

Car Info: 7 Series "Sport"
Oh those weapons are for hunting.. Just a different kind of hunting.
Old 01-06-2011, 02:37 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: nonplussed
Originally Posted by Alliedforces86
I have a 870 with a knox stock and with Nitro turkey or buck shot it still kicks pretty good. Honestly don't know how much good the stock is doing, but I know it's doing something the way it's designed. I may just be a bit*h lol. When I wear body armor it sofens the kick about 80%. Birdshot's fine though lol

edit: Now that I think about it, my girlfriend handled it ok, at least for a few shots.
I shot my cousin's Mossy with a Knoxx with #4 and some HD buck that was supposed to be a lightened load and it was super smooth.

He can always get a 20 gauge 870 with a knoxx. That would probably shoot like butter.
Old 01-06-2011, 02:45 PM

I shot my cousin's Mossy with a Knoxx with #4 and some HD buck that was supposed to be a lightened load and it was super smooth.

He can always get a 20 gauge 870 with a knoxx. That would probably shoot like butter.
or a 28 ga or .410 even. but long guns are realtively unweildy in low/no light conditions inside a house, trust me. and this is a home that you know every turn, hallway, where furniture is, etc.

a handgun, imho, would be best. prob in .38 cal, revolver or a good quality auto like a CZ 75 P-01 or maybe gen4 glock 21/26/19 or browning 92fs. you can put a light on it, which spots and can strobe (but watch out for laws, cause you can't point a gun at someone even, even if you are just trying to spot light them). it's illegal.

your choice should depend solely on how it feels in your/your wifes hand, what you plan on using it for and how much you want to spend and are willing to learn. if you just want a simple handgun for home defense and aren't planning to shoot with it much, just get a single/double action revolver, put it in a biometric safe like the pic above so you can get to it in less than 1 minute, and call it good.

Last edited by NorCalPaintball; 01-06-2011 at 02:49 PM.
Old 01-06-2011, 02:46 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: non subarus
and you could probably have used the cash to live in a better neighborhood instead of buying $20k+ worth of guns. none of which look like they are used for hunting.
i have no problems with where i live at, it's in san leandro hills right by the sheriffs dept. so home invasion or anything of that sort isn't even a worry of mine. what kind of gun would you use for hunting if a 30-06 bolt isn't one of them.

Quick Reply: Help! I need a gun, and info. Priority #1