Got Pulled For Front Tint In Sf

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2008, 03:17 PM

Car Info: 2007 swp WRX wagon
wait so there is no laws against back tints?
Old 08-08-2008, 03:18 PM
BanHammer™

Car Info: 2001 Forester RS2 SPEC-F
Originally Posted by camwrx14
wait so there is no laws against back tints?
you talking about the windows behind the driver?

no there are not, as long as the driver has 3 mirrors installed on the vehicle.
Old 08-09-2008, 10:24 AM

Car Info: 1999 RS Coupé- 1995 Mazda Miata -KTM 300
yO, wHat wE DoIn ToNiGhT?
Old 08-09-2008, 10:37 AM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
http://www.tintcenter.com/laws/CA/
Old 08-09-2008, 01:32 PM

Car Info: RWD Camry
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
WTF? California law makers get paid too much.
yep..

Originally Posted by OneManArmy
In another spot it says...
The material has a minimum visible light transmittance of 88 percent.

(2) The window glazing with the material applied meets all requirements
of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard No. 205 (49 C.F.R. 571.205),
including the specified minimum light transmittance of 70 percent and
the abrasion resistance of AS-14 glazing, as specified in that federal
standard.

I think they confuse themselves.

So you can't do it. It has to be 88%. It has to be 70%. It can't be any more than 35%.

What the hell.

assuming I read the law correctly, 88% refers to the actual tint film's transmittance being 88%.
the 70% refers to the window's transmittance being 70% after tint has been installed (aka: window and tint's transmittance).

then there was this line, in spite of (a) saying nothing can be put on windows,
(d) Notwithstanding subdivision (a), clear, colorless, and transparent material may be installed, affixed, or applied to the front side windows, located to the immediate left and right of the front seat if the following conditions are met:
so technically, front window tint is legal, yeah?
Old 08-09-2008, 11:57 PM

Car Info: 2002 Subaru WRX
random, but OP, do you happen to be hispanic?
Old 08-10-2008, 02:16 AM

Car Info: 2005 STI, 2004 S2000, 1993 RX7
I too am kinda suprised to see that so many people in this thread think SF is bad. I lived here for all my life and I have never had my car broken into or stolen.

For the record.. I live in HP and it is actually getting alot better compared to like 5 years ago.

To the OP.
Where did you get pulled over?
If you need some help w/ that ticket I can help you get it signed off without having to actually remove the tints.
Old 08-10-2008, 03:57 PM
aka FlukeWRX

Car Info: '03 WRX WRB Sedan
Originally Posted by Mr. Xevious

I think I remember reading that you actually only need 2 mirrors installed. The Driver's side mirror I believe you are supposed to have and then you can have either 1) Rear-View Mirror or 2) Passenger Side Mirror. Yes, it is best to have all 3, but I don't think you actually NEED to have all 3 going from a legal standpoint. I could be wrong though.
Old 08-10-2008, 04:00 PM
aka FlukeWRX

Car Info: '03 WRX WRB Sedan
Originally Posted by Mr. Xevious

Sorry, Double Post.

Last edited by JelloChex; 08-11-2008 at 12:47 PM.
Old 08-10-2008, 11:57 PM

Car Info: you've got an electrical problem.
Left and right door mirrors is all you need.
Center view is option. Otherwise allot of trucks and r.v.'s and motorcycles would be in trouble. I take my center mirror off when I'm at the track or on the back roads. As it blocks my forward right turn in view.
Old 08-11-2008, 02:40 PM

Car Info: 2004 java black pearl (yEe)
sorry for everyone hating on me and san francisco where i live. i was very mad that day so i had accidently wrote in all "CAPS". i got pulled wrongfully over for running a "stop sign" when i was 100 percent shure i never did and then the "bay view" asian cops (im philipino go ahead and talk shiet they say asian but i think really pacific islander) then got more mad when i was trying to tell them to "stop lying to me" so they ticketed me for my freakin front tints and yes my they had no right too because the other cops in my district (ingelside police district) told me: "did the cop(bayview district) pull out any tint meter????? i then said "hell no he did not". so if you wanna hate go ahead i understand maybe you want to get harrassed by crooked cops and if your talking shiet about "me following my girl home" i said on the post she had gotten robbed for lot of cash down where i got pulled over and harrassed at and no im not modded alot im just reflashed....please stop the hating for for all the others that care right on......
Old 08-11-2008, 03:02 PM

Car Info: Wish it was still my WRB STI
This thread is very amusing on multiple fronts. First of all, nobody is hating on you personally but people are hating on your grammar and computer skills. No one can help you if no one can understand what you are saying. Help us help you.

Personally, it seems as if you are pulling out the race card when it doesn't sound like that's the issue at all. Then you go into distinction of neighborhoods and their citizens and their officers. You are just stereotyping and propagating/profiling people and their cultures/demographics. We all do it, I don't deny that but you make it seem as if the whole world is out to get you.

It's personal preference but I wouldn't say that Ingleside (BTW, you spelled it wrong) is a while lot better than Bayview. What it comes down to is **** happens and it's $10 off your back. Live with it and move on. BTW, last I heard, Ebonics wasn't a dialect of Tagalog so lose the thug accent and get an education so you can move out of the ghetto.
Old 08-11-2008, 03:13 PM

Car Info: Forester XTi
DeCePtiCoNzWRX...dude...

paragraphs are your friend OK.

As to tint, the law is inforced like this. If you have both left and right mirrors, you do not need to have the center/"rearview" mirror.
Old 08-11-2008, 03:40 PM

Car Info: 2004 java black pearl (yEe)
hey xqizwizit aka i think im the shiet, san francisco cost way way way way more than the cost of a house in daly city (im a realtor so go ahead and clown foo i aint ghetto im a human that's struggling everyday to survive and you an alien little kid that abnormal (face it) and i know some cops im my district (ingleside) and you aint from san francisco so you just hating on me because you never got wrongfully harrassed by cops in sf or dc so go ahead and hate because you are just a keyboard warrior and yes karma is a bit*h so keep talking and thanks again to all people
Old 08-11-2008, 03:59 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Originally Posted by DeCePtiCoNzWRX
sorry for everyone hating on me and san francisco where i live. i was very mad that day so i had accidently wrote in all "CAPS". i got pulled wrongfully over for running a "stop sign" when i was 100 percent shure i never did and then the "bay view" asian cops (im philipino go ahead and talk shiet they say asian but i think really pacific islander) then got more mad when i was trying to tell them to "stop lying to me" so they ticketed me for my freakin front tints and yes my they had no right too because the other cops in my district (ingelside police district) told me: "did the cop(bayview district) pull out any tint meter????? i then said "hell no he did not". so if you wanna hate go ahead i understand maybe you want to get harrassed by crooked cops and if your talking shiet about "me following my girl home" i said on the post she had gotten robbed for lot of cash down where i got pulled over and harrassed at and no im not modded alot im just reflashed....please stop the hating for for all the others that care right on......
Originally Posted by DeCePtiCoNzWRX
hey xqizwizit aka i think im the shiet, san francisco cost way way way way more than the cost of a house in daly city (im a realtor so go ahead and clown foo i aint ghetto im a human that's struggling everyday to survive and you an alien little kid that abnormal (face it) and i know some cops im my district (ingleside) and you aint from san francisco so you just hating on me because you never got wrongfully harrassed by cops in sf or dc so go ahead and hate because you are just a keyboard warrior and yes karma is a bit*h so keep talking and thanks again to all people
This almost makes me want to insert a pistol into my mouth......

Quick Reply: Got Pulled For Front Tint In Sf