Got Pulled For Front Tint In Sf

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2008, 11:50 AM

Car Info: 2004 WRB WRX
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
Yeah that's how I read it too. But then it talks about films and says both don't use it and you can use 88%... which is way up from what I remembered as well. Everything I've ever read and remembered was 70%. And that's what a lot of the tint pros go by too.

We need a sticky somewhere that has california laws of interest. I think I might have to take it upon myself to spend a couple days and do that. Maybe get a list together of what people want me to read up on and find.

Figure...

Cell laws.
Window tints.
Exhaust and Carb info.
Vehicle height.
Tires.
etc?

There's a lot of people that talk out of their *** then it goes around and people believe it and it creates a problem. With a thread like this it could give people some references for personal use and possibly help them in tickets/court cases.
That is a great idea and it should be a stickied thread .
Old 08-08-2008, 11:53 AM
I don't need more cowbell dammit!

Car Info: E82
Originally Posted by LxJLthr
Are we referring to entire SF area or certain sections of it? Pardon for a question, but I am fairly new new to the area. I take Bart into downtown for work, but have limited my driving there unless I absolutely have to...

As far as tint, I think it really comes down to each individual officer regardless of the what is written in the code. I knew couple State Troopers back in IL (who were actually smart, unbiased and pursuing criminology and law degrees) and they always said there are bigger things to worry about than pull over people just trying to look good driving down the road. As long as it was not really dark tint where they could not see what was going in the car and the driver was not an *** on the road they paid no attention to it. For 2 years in IL I drove with 35% tint on my window with absolutely not a single incident because I am always careful...and IL allows for ZERO tint of any sort...

If he is not leaving out any details of the story, it is just a cop who rather make his quota writing BS tickets hoping people choose not to waste their time fighting it and just pay it Unfortunately, that's the game...
Cops dont have quotas. And I dont see why you have your panties in a bunch. Is having front tint illegal? Yes. You got caught now suffer the consequences. If you dont want to deal with the consequences of breaking a law, dont break the law its that simple.
Old 08-08-2008, 11:54 AM
I don't need more cowbell dammit!

Car Info: E82
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
Yeah that's how I read it too. But then it talks about films and says both don't use it and you can use 88%... which is way up from what I remembered as well. Everything I've ever read and remembered was 70%. And that's what a lot of the tint pros go by too.

We need a sticky somewhere that has california laws of interest. I think I might have to take it upon myself to spend a couple days and do that. Maybe get a list together of what people want me to read up on and find.

Figure...

Cell laws.
Window tints.
Exhaust and Carb info.
Vehicle height.
Tires.
etc?

There's a lot of people that talk out of their *** then it goes around and people believe it and it creates a problem. With a thread like this it could give people some references for personal use and possibly help them in tickets/court cases.
That is an excellent idea, if you want some help trying to decipher legalese let me know, Im pretty good at translating that kind of stuff.
Old 08-08-2008, 11:55 AM

Car Info: you've got an electrical problem.
http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/d12/vc26708.htm

Section D
Old 08-08-2008, 11:58 AM
BanHammer™

Car Info: 2001 Forester RS2 SPEC-F
Originally Posted by DeCePtiCoNzWRX
HELLO THERE I'M VERY MAD THAT YESTERDAY NIGHT BECAUSE I HAD GOTTA WRONGLY ACUSSED OF RUNNING A STOP SIGN MAKING A RIGHT TURN(I FULLY STOPPED COUNTED 1 1000 2 1000 3 1000 WHILE I WAS LOOKING IF THE COAST WAS CLEAR) I THEN SAW A MEXICAN SELLING FRUITS ON THE CORNER WHEN I STOPPED BEFORE MAKING A RIGHT TURN (HERE IN SAN FRANCISCO YOU GOT LOTS OF THEM IN MANY CORNERS SELLING FRUITS TO MAKE MONEY IF YOUR WONDERING ABOUT WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT) HE LOOKED AT ME AND GAVE ME SIGNS (TOO BUY SOME FRUITS IF I HAD FELT LIKE IT) RIGHT BEFORE I GOT GOING I WAVED HI AT HIM AND SAID "HEY HOW MUCH FOR THE THE STRAWBERRIES HE THEN SAID" $7 OR $8 DOLLERS I THEN REPLIED MAYBE NEXT TIME AND THEN AFTER THAT I HAD WAVED MY HAND SAYING BYE AFTER THAT I HAD MADE ALLREADY HAD MADE A FULLY RIGHT DRIVING NORMAL AFTER THAT I ENDED UP IN THE MIDDLE OF THE BLOCK THEN JUST AFTER ALL THAT BEFORE THE STOP SIGN A COP HAD JUST HAD PULLED UP MAKING A RIGHT TURN (HE ENDED UP ACROSS THE STREET OF ME WHICH IS ON THE OPPOSITE SIDE GOING THE OTHER DIRECTION, AFTER THAT HE HAD JUST PASSED BY ME(I HAD TO LOOK AROUND EVERYTIME I DRIVE BECAUSE THATS WHAT EVERYONE DOES TO NOT GET INTO ANY KIND OF CAR ACCIDENT ALSO IM TRYING TO MIND MY OWN SELFSAFTY WHEN I DRIVE ALL THE TIME TO AVOID PEOPLE WHO ARE HAVING A VERY BAD DAY TO NOT CREAT ANY TROUBLE BY NOT LOOKING AT THEM. ALL OF A SUDDEN after he had passed me I had HIT ANOTHER STOP SIGN(my girl lives where i just got pulled over WHICH IS A CORNER HOUSE WITH LOTS OF STOP SINGS AND NOW COPS (i had followed my girl home to drop he off to make shure she is not going to be followed by any head busters) THEN i had fully stopped AGAIN AND HAD counted 1 1000 2 1000 3 1000 repeatedly while looking if the coast is clear to not cause an accident then all of a sudden i hear the "pull over sirren", i then looked in front then to my sides to see wheres it coming from then i finally looked in me da#m rear view mirror and saw i was getting pulled over for NOTHING AT ALL, i didnt do wrong. THE COP HAD WALKED UP TO MY CAR THEN HE FIRST LOOKED AT MY WINDOWS WHICH HAD THE RALLY PIGS(PETER SOLBREG RALLY HOG DECALS) GOT MORE MAD BECAUSE HE THOUGHT I WAS CLOWNING ON COPS AND FREAKIN TICKETED ME FOR MY FRONT TINTS RIGHT ON THE SPOT WTF I HAD TINTED FRONT WINDOWS FACTORY TINT FROM CARLSEN SUBARU IN REDWOOD CITY AFTER THAT TOLD ME WHY I WAS PULLED OVER FOR WHICH WAS A LIE ABOUT ME RUNING THE STOP SIGN MAKING A RIGHT TURN BS WTF I'M VERY VERY MAD AT THE SFPD IN MY GIRLS AREA BECAUSE "THERE NEVER AROUND WHEN GOOD PEOPLE ARE GETTING ROBBED FOR CASH LIKE HOW MY GIRLFRIEND AND HER MOM DID BACK IN 04 STILL THE ROBBERS ARE PRANK CALLING MY GIRL AND THE COP STILL MESS WITH INNOCENT BYSTANDER LIKE ME MYSELF RIGHT NEXT TO HER HOUSE WHERE I GOT HARASSED. ITS VERY SAD TO KNOW THE TRUTH ABOUT THE SFPD IN MY GIRLFRIENDS DISTRICT THAT THERE ONLY AROUND WHEN THEY FEEL LIKE RUINING SOMEONES DAY WHEN OTHER PEOPLE IN THE AROUND THE SAME AREA ARE GETTING ROBBED OR EVEN HOMES GETTING JACKED INTO HEY WHY ME AND NOT THE ROBBERS????? IF ANYONE FEELS MY PAIN PLEASE POST I WOULD HIGHLY THANK YOU......
wall-o-text crits you for 12k
Old 08-08-2008, 11:59 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
jewpac42... you're right no quotas. That'd be illegal. But they do have "implied quotas" How many tickets they'd LIKE you to write.

I'll work on this legal deal starting when I get back into town monday. Then maybe you can translate. Like I'll get all the source laws and information I can find then below it we can put your translated definitions.

Add to it as we can. When its done I'll hit up IB to see if he'll sticky it and lock it. Then when we want to add to it just send him the type.
Old 08-08-2008, 12:01 PM

Car Info: 13 Taco Double Cab 4x4/ 71 Datsun 510
I didn't read anything after the first 3 words of your post. It was too hard to read.. I don't read CAPS well, due to the fact below.. If I squint my eyes anymore, my eyes will be shut..
Attached Thumbnails Got Pulled For Front Tint In Sf-meandteamxm5.jpg  

Last edited by Ballz; 08-08-2008 at 12:06 PM.
Old 08-08-2008, 12:03 PM

Car Info: you've got an electrical problem.
Originally Posted by Ballz
I didn't read anything after the first 3 words of your post. It was too hard to read..
There is a trick to that.. Right click and highlight as you read the word.
Buy I still couldnt get past the first 10 words..

I waited for everyones responce.
Old 08-08-2008, 12:08 PM

Car Info: 13 Taco Double Cab 4x4/ 71 Datsun 510
Originally Posted by 06STi
There is a trick to that.. Right click and highlight as you read the word.
Buy I still couldnt get past the first 10 words..

I waited for everyones responce.
I tried that... I still gave up after about 12 words into it..
Old 08-08-2008, 12:25 PM

Car Info: 05 WRX
Originally Posted by sigma pi
and dont go to SF you will get your car broken into!
Originally Posted by LxJLthr
Are we referring to entire SF area or certain sections of it? Pardon for a question, but I am fairly new new to the area. I take Bart into downtown for work, but have limited my driving there unless I absolutely have to...
Why do people think SF is so bad? It really isn't as scary as people think it is. Just stay outta the bad places...like HP, or TL...hell even the Mission district isn't that bad. I've lived here my whole life...my car hasn't gotten broken into...just seems scary with all the garbage and homeless people
Old 08-08-2008, 12:34 PM

Car Info: 02 Bugeye STI, 07 Forester XT 18GXT-R
Head busters following your girl home. WTF??

As for the tinting issue pretty much any cop is going to write you a ticket for it. Just take it off and save the hassle. Fight the failure to stop, fix the tint and learn how to press the caps lock button.
Old 08-08-2008, 02:07 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: nonplussed
myeyesarebleeding.
Old 08-08-2008, 02:17 PM

Car Info: 04 psm wrx sedan
Originally Posted by PenguinPrincess
Why do people think SF is so bad? It really isn't as scary as people think it is. Just stay outta the bad places...like HP, or TL...hell even the Mission district isn't that bad. I've lived here my whole life...my car hasn't gotten broken into...just seems scary with all the garbage and homeless people
haha really though..ive never had it happen to me, and ive lived here my whole life...

out of towners are easy to spot though haha...sf isnt a tourist's town anymore...

anyways, where did you get pulled over? mexicans selling fruits on the corner sounds like mission/ph area

Last edited by slugrx; 08-08-2008 at 02:23 PM.
Old 08-08-2008, 02:35 PM

Car Info: 1999 RS Coupé- 1995 Mazda Miata -KTM 300
I CANT HEAR YOU... YOURE GOING TO HAVE TO SPEAK UP!

haha
Old 08-08-2008, 02:41 PM

Car Info: Subaru?
wHut kInDUH c0mPut3r dO u hAVE? u neEd a NeW cAPs LOck buTTon!

Quick Reply: Got Pulled For Front Tint In Sf