Go Back  i-Club > Regional Forums > Bay Area
Good bye OEM Turbo Oil Drain, Hello -10AN >

Good bye OEM Turbo Oil Drain, Hello -10AN

Notices

Good bye OEM Turbo Oil Drain, Hello -10AN

Old 10-28-2011, 04:59 PM

Car Info: 06 obp sti
quick update on where the car currently sits, i was an idiot and didnt order enough aluminum straight and bends. Plus i dont have anything here to make a transition from 2.5"-3" for the blow-thru. So my plans of having the fabwork done this weekend are f'ed big time.

Name:  IMG_0135.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  111.6 KB
Name:  IMG_0133.jpg
Views: 112
Size:  100.0 KB
Name:  IMG_0131.jpg
Views: 142
Size:  118.1 KB
Name:  IMG_0130.jpg
Views: 120
Size:  126.9 KB
Old 10-28-2011, 05:48 PM

Car Info: 2004 WW Evo RS
Looks bad ***, are those intercooler piping going to be on top? I can't wait to check out the final product, you have jigs to reproduce this same setup? How much cutting of the front bumper is needed?
Old 10-28-2011, 05:52 PM

yup, how the piping sits in the pics is the final product but still need to finish cold side piping which wont be done until i order more material . With this setup there is actually minimal to no cutting of the bumper due to how everything is configured.

the goal was to make this a production product until my dumbass got bored at the shop and started hacking parts off the car without thinking things through. Im doing 2 more setups for some guys i know, so hopefully i can rearrange some of the stuff and get it to be production friendly with minimal trimming of sheet metal
Old 10-28-2011, 05:56 PM

Car Info: Reason
What about a reverse intake manifold? The cold side would be stupid short if you flipped that thing around...

Edit: doesn't look like you're too worried about A/C, so you could move your alternator where the A/C pump was and not have to notch the piping or space the throttle body all weird if you reversed the IM.
Old 10-28-2011, 05:58 PM

not a fan of the reversed manifold, too much work for such little gain i already cut the piping lengths in half.
Old 10-28-2011, 06:30 PM

Car Info: 05 Flat White STi, 96 Widebody Brighton
looks great.. gonna make anymore like that.. i'd be very interested...
Old 10-28-2011, 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by kmurphy View Post
yup, how the piping sits in the pics is the final product but still need to finish cold side piping which wont be done until i order more material . With this setup there is actually minimal to no cutting of the bumper due to how everything is configured.

the goal was to make this a production product until my dumbass got bored at the shop and started hacking parts off the car without thinking things through. Im doing 2 more setups for some guys i know, so hopefully i can rearrange some of the stuff and get it to be production friendly with minimal trimming of sheet metal
Nice work, I have not wanted to do a FMIC because I don't want to cut the crap out of the front bumper. You should make it with no cutting or minimal cutting and you could sell those all day long. It's a sick setup, I think you could do a reversed manifold and keep the AC and make that piping super sick and even more would jump on this product. I am down to pay the cash for a quality product, most people make them simple as possible to keep the hours down in the build process. I'm looking for something super sick if I go with FMIC, keep us posted on progress.
Old 10-28-2011, 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by SeaOfGreen View Post
Nice work, I have not wanted to do a FMIC because I don't want to cut the crap out of the front bumper. You should make it with no cutting or minimal cutting and you could sell those all day long. It's a sick setup, I think you could do a reversed manifold and keep the AC and make that piping super sick and even more would jump on this product. I am down to pay the cash for a quality product, most people make them simple as possible to keep the hours down in the build process. I'm looking for something super sick if I go with FMIC, keep us posted on progress.
i agree with him on both no/minimal cutting and reverse mani... i cut the crap out of my bumper to get my aps 725 to fit... i would also be down to throw cash at something like this, it also kinda looks vmount ish with the angled core.. i will be following this and try and make a post when i get karalton's flares..
Old 10-28-2011, 08:01 PM

ya you should get the flares, i much prefer the look and simplicity to a widebody. i fit 295s fairly easily. I have kw v3 on the way which have been converted to a linear spring in the rear, with upgraded spring rates all around mounted on camber paltes f/r. should be here fairly soon. Then im gonna machine myself some lateral links and some trailing arms. get the suspension all sorted.

Sad thing is after all this work i do. i may or may not keep my car and sell it. I have my eyes on a different car. But depending on how i like it with the refresh of new parts i'll try and keep it and still possibily buy the new to me car.

Once i get my car tuned on this setup, it will be the first time my car will be completely tuned. ive been driving my car for the last 2 years on a base map with ewg spring psi.
Old 10-28-2011, 08:32 PM

ya you should get the flares, i much prefer the look and simplicity to a widebody. i fit 295s fairly easily. I have kw v3 on the way which have been converted to a linear spring in the rear, with upgraded spring rates all around mounted on camber paltes f/r. should be here fairly soon. Then im gonna machine myself some lateral links and some trailing arms. get the suspension all sorted.

Sad thing is after all this work i do. i may or may not keep my car and sell it. I have my eyes on a different car. But depending on how i like it with the refresh of new parts i'll try and keep it and still possibily buy the new to me car.

Once i get my car tuned on this setup, it will be the first time my car will be completely tuned. ive been driving my car for the last 2 years on a base map with ewg spring psi.
i wish i had the knowledge or skill to do what you do cause i've been on stage 2 now for 2 years.. i wanna go rotated and be done with it already.. lol
Old 10-28-2011, 09:04 PM

What you looking to buy? Keep us posted on this setup. You have 2 people interested in the reverse setup!
Old 10-28-2011, 09:07 PM

currently looking at the v10 m5's....but i can only afford one with some miles on it. because im not made of money like some people assume with all the pics I post lol. also like the e63 and c63 but those are also pretty costly.

theres also a beautiful dolphin grey rs4 on craigslist right now. But i need to finish paying off creditcards, which should hopefully be next week once i get paid for some work.

Last edited by kmurphy; 10-28-2011 at 09:09 PM.
Old 10-28-2011, 10:07 PM

Car Info: 06 STI
Holy crap baller!!! I thought you were gonna get a diesel?
Old 10-28-2011, 10:10 PM

lol...****. Im not really a truck man, was doing it more for work. I figured after being homeless for half a yr i could get myself some sort of gift lol.

in all reality i probably wont get one/shouldnt get one.....just one of many dreams I have.
Old 10-28-2011, 10:19 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: A Laptop
Looking great Kelly!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Good bye OEM Turbo Oil Drain, Hello -10AN

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.