Glad we live in CA

Old 10-28-2008, 01:09 PM

Glad we live in CA

http://cnnwire.blogs.cnn.com/2008/10...ain-yard-sign/

thats pretty ridiculous. I mean a 50 yr/ old shooting a kid..........

I'm sure he is voting for the right reasons.............................NOTTTTTTT
Old 10-28-2008, 01:14 PM

Car Info: 2002 Subaru WRX PSM
I am a conservative and will vote for McCain next week. Doing things like this just makes the republican party look bad. The entire election is out of control. Although those Obama supporters should not have stepped on to that man's property, taking action like that is inexcusable. The older man has a right to have a sign posted on his property, but might need to seek some mental therapy! I wonder what the outcome of this case will be...
Old 10-28-2008, 01:17 PM

Car Info: New Government Motors SUV!
I would have fired a warning shot. But **** 'em for being complete jack asses on the guy's property.
Old 10-28-2008, 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by JArnaud
I am a conservative and will vote for McCain next week. Doing things like this just makes the republican party look bad. The entire election is out of control. Although those Obama supporters should not have stepped on to that man's property, taking action like that is inexcusable. The older man has a right to have a sign posted on his property, but might need to seek some mental therapy! I wonder what the outcome of this case will be...
I mean regardless of what you can attribute to it the guy is a fing maniac. I betcha if he thought those kids had a gun he wouldn't have shot at them.

I wonder what would have happened had one of them shot and killed the old man?

that would have been a real mess, lol.

scaring them off is one thing but shooting someone is a joke, i just can't see how you'd be willing to take someones life over a sign.....................

the old man was trying to do the same thing as they are with his sign........................all that is harmed in this is the value of his cardbox// wood stick of the sign.
Old 10-28-2008, 01:30 PM

Car Info: 07 specB
that old thing called the bill of rights used to let people handle business on their own property...its too bad those rights are quickly going down the drain. i agree that killin somebody is definitely extreme but i definitely would have gone for some knees after a warning shot. get the F off my property, its the only thing i got in this world
Old 10-28-2008, 01:35 PM

They are all idiots
Old 10-28-2008, 01:39 PM

Car Info: The Latest From WayneTech.
If two kids pulled up to my house and vandalized a part of my property (whatever their reason being) I would most definitely retaliate with moderate (read: not DEADLY unless the situation warrants it).

Thats why, when I get a 12 guage I am loading the chambers with 2 types of shot. 1st shot - duck shot and a verbal warning, if the perp doesn't get the picture while he is blinded by duck shot you get chamber 2: Buck 1.
Old 10-28-2008, 01:41 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Were they kids?
They were commiting a crime, a rather minor one, but a still a crime.
Old 10-28-2008, 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by Paul@dbtuned
Were they kids?
They were commiting a crime, a rather minor one, but a still a crime.
Quite right.

Like I said - you run up on someones property acting like that you are asking for trouble.

However, I do not condone the man for actually SHOOTING one of them...thats a little much.
Old 10-28-2008, 01:58 PM
03.23.67 - 06.14.13

i bet those punks wont be doing anything like that soon...
Old 10-28-2008, 01:59 PM
plays well with others

Car Info: your mother crazy
high fives for him thought... seriously, at that age most people are a terrible shot with iron sights
Old 10-28-2008, 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by R-Dub
Quite right.

Like I said - you run up on someones property acting like that you are asking for trouble.

However, I do not condone the man for actually SHOOTING one of them...thats a little much.
Thats fine with me, as long as I'm allowed to shoot jehovahs douchebags when they are trying to stuff literature onto my property............and cops........unless they are trying to save someones life..............why should anyone be allowed on my property.

I mean the kids may have committed a small crime.............

but that guys crime was much more serious and dangerous..........

plus he is not the law, or law enforcer. You don't just take matters into your own hands unless its keeping you alive

sorry but the law is you only try to kill people if you are endangered..........and more important its pretty obvious to me thats the difference between right/wrong.

if you fear no physical harm or danger and you try to kill someone...........not really an excuse for that...............especially when you are a 50 year old man and they are teenagers............

Guy above said its a shame?? its a shame you aren't allowed to kill people for no good reason...he didn't punch the kid or tackle him, he shot a gun at him..........
you speak as if they were threatening his property or life.............they were taking a sign off ..................

if you would really shoot someone in the knees for that, you are just a big a retard as this guy in the news story........

Last edited by slow04wrx; 10-28-2008 at 02:06 PM.
Old 10-28-2008, 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by slow04wrx
Thats fine with me, as long as I'm allowed to shoot jehovahs douchebags when they are trying to stuff literature onto my property............and cops........unless they are trying to save someones life..............why should anyone be allowed on my property.
Um...Jehovah's Witness are generally quiet, collected and approach your front door with no ill intent, and if you don't like them all you have to say is 'No, thanks.' or not answer the door.

Yeah right, you try to shoot cops coming onto your property...see where that lands you.

Good reasoning there kiddo.
Old 10-28-2008, 02:22 PM

Car Info: 2005 WRX STi, 1993 240sx (going under knife soon)
Well, not that all is said and done, maybe the kids will have learned something from this. And maybe, just maybe, they'll think before they act next time. Doubtful though.
Old 10-28-2008, 02:39 PM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
I'm still trying to understand how the man who was sitting on his porch saw them run up to his sign and instead of running over there to beat some ***, he just went in, grabbed the rifle, and then fired away. I don't care how old he is, he was able to get inside and back outside fat enough to shoot the kids, he could've beat them down.

Sound like he was trigger happy like the old man who shot the guys robbing the neighbor.

I hope more information comes out.

kids are stupid these days, why go vandalize things? Even if it's a campaign sign on the lawn, but still.

I don't think the guy needed to shoot the kids, a warning shot should've been enough.

Beisdes, a lic plat number and they'd be caught anyways... now he's gonna get served some court time at least, maybe more. I mean, lets face it, they ran to the banner or whatever, his life wasn't in danger. He's gonna have a hard time with this one.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Glad we live in CA