Gas matters?

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2012, 01:42 PM

Car Info: 04 STi
Originally Posted by Dartholomew
This is a letter of love and peace; I will not lash out against anyone, and I will not use specific names of individuals or organizations that make wowserism socially acceptable. That said, let me merely point out that it is both frustrating and frightening to observe the extreme ignorance—no, idiocy—present in octane's orations. For openers, octane truly believes that superstition is no less credible than proven scientific principles. I hope you realize that that's just a namby-pamby pipe dream from a phlegmatic, mawkish pipe and that in the real world, if octane's whinges get any more meretricious, I expect they'll grow legs and attack me in my sleep. In the past, it was perfectly clear to everyone with insight and without malice that octane is adept at spinning lies. Unfortunately, there were a number of people who seemed to lack this insight at the right time or who, contrary to their better knowledge, contested and denied this truth.

Octane frequently insists that there is something intellectually provocative in the tired rehashing of officious stereotypes. This lie of its cannot stand the light of day, and a few minutes' reflection will suffice to show how utterly hotheaded a lie it is. Nonetheless, it acts as if it were King of the World. This hauteur is astonishing, staggering, and mind-boggling. Octane focuses on feelings rather than facts. Sure, it attempts to twist and distort facts to justify its feelings, but that just goes to show that octane is trying to exclude all people and proposals that oppose its predatory, obstreperous conjectures. Their mission? To promulgate partisan prejudice against others.

Octane insists that everything will be hunky-dory if we let it put the prisoners in charge of running the prison. Naturally, it gives no evidence whatsoever to support that parti pris. Perhaps that's because I know some uninformed miscreants who actually believe that lexiphanicism is the only alternative to chauvinism. Incredible? Those same people have told me that it's merely trying to make this world a better place in which to live. With such people roaming about, it should come as no surprise to you that there may be nothing we can do to prevent octane from making good on its word to twist the history, sociology, and anthropology disseminated by our mass media and in our children's textbooks. When we compare this disturbing conclusion to the comforting picture purveyed by its chums, we experience psychological stress or "cognitive dissonance". Our only recourse is to make a genuine contribution to human society. All of this once again proves the old saying that I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke octane to exploit other cultures for self-entertainment.
wat
Old 02-10-2012, 02:52 PM

Car Info: Teh Subie
Replace 'octane' with a certain i-clubber user name.
Old 02-10-2012, 06:20 PM

Car Info: Forester XTi
This is a letter of love and peace; I will not lash out against anyone, and I will not use specific names of individuals or organizations that make wowserism socially acceptable. That said, let me merely point out that it is both frustrating and frightening to observe the extreme ignorance—no, idiocy—present in octane's orations. For openers, octane truly believes that superstition is no less credible than proven scientific principles. I hope you realize that that's just a namby-pamby pipe dream from a phlegmatic, mawkish pipe and that in the real world, if octane's whinges get any more meretricious, I expect they'll grow legs and attack me in my sleep. In the past, it was perfectly clear to everyone with insight and without malice that octane is adept at spinning lies. Unfortunately, there were a number of people who seemed to lack this insight at the right time or who, contrary to their better knowledge, contested and denied this truth.

Octane frequently insists that there is something intellectually provocative in the tired rehashing of officious stereotypes. This lie of its cannot stand the light of day, and a few minutes' reflection will suffice to show how utterly hotheaded a lie it is. Nonetheless, it acts as if it were King of the World. This hauteur is astonishing, staggering, and mind-boggling. Octane focuses on feelings rather than facts. Sure, it attempts to twist and distort facts to justify its feelings, but that just goes to show that octane is trying to exclude all people and proposals that oppose its predatory, obstreperous conjectures. Their mission? To promulgate partisan prejudice against others.

Octane insists that everything will be hunky-dory if we let it put the prisoners in charge of running the prison. Naturally, it gives no evidence whatsoever to support that parti pris. Perhaps that's because I know some uninformed miscreants who actually believe that lexiphanicism is the only alternative to chauvinism. Incredible? Those same people have told me that it's merely trying to make this world a better place in which to live. With such people roaming about, it should come as no surprise to you that there may be nothing we can do to prevent octane from making good on its word to twist the history, sociology, and anthropology disseminated by our mass media and in our children's textbooks. When we compare this disturbing conclusion to the comforting picture purveyed by its chums, we experience psychological stress or "cognitive dissonance". Our only recourse is to make a genuine contribution to human society. All of this once again proves the old saying that I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke octane to exploit other cultures for self-entertainment.
what does any of this have to do with a talk about fuel, and octane?
Old 02-10-2012, 06:55 PM

Car Info: 2010 Impreza 2.5i Premium Boosted
I just got mind ****ed by that guy "darth". Super confused, I almost slammed the screen on my laptop closed and walked away. lol WTF is he talking about?
Old 02-10-2012, 07:52 PM

Car Info: 2009 WRX 5dr OBP
Originally Posted by subie OCD
wat
Originally Posted by Overbear
what does any of this have to do with a talk about fuel, and octane?
Originally Posted by iDriveMyi
I just got mind ****ed by that guy "darth". Super confused, I almost slammed the screen on my laptop closed and walked away. lol WTF is he talking about?
Everything went better than expected
Old 02-11-2012, 06:25 AM

Car Info: Forester XTi
So...you felt that you needed to come into a thread that had become a pretty cool talk about the technical aspects of fuel, and just be a ****ing dick?
Old 02-11-2012, 07:43 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Broken Subarus
This thread is f'n hilarious! Yer all full of it. Everybody know CA gas comes from unicorns. Ever seen a unicorn? Of course you haven't because there's only one. They've got him chained up in a cellar somewhere in Calaveras Co. He pisses in a bucket all day long.

If your car is knocking on 91oct, talk to your tuner and have him dial it back a bit. Kep yer chit pickers off the MBC and save your motor. Trust me losing 10HP doesn't hurt as much as losing your motor.
Old 02-11-2012, 12:35 PM
Nobody likes the tuna here

Car Info: 03 SRP WRX Street Class Prepped, 17 Chevy Duramax

Originally Posted by Overbear
A bit long winded but yep.

Basicly, Octane speaks to how fast the flame pattern across the burn, happens. So, the higher the octane, the slower the fuel burns, the more effecently it burns, and therefor has a higher threshold to 'knock/ping' or the act of self detonation.

Oddly, diesel works the other side of this. You want diesel to compress as vapor to the point it combusts, hence why diesel motors use thicker walls and heads.

SOOO much powerrrrrrrrrrrrr Cummins it is
Old 02-11-2012, 12:44 PM

Car Info: MY00 GC6 BRP
Ban him!
Old 02-11-2012, 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by pho_shizzle
Ban him!
Yeah to Toppings + Eggettes, and not Pepper Lunch.
Old 02-11-2012, 02:10 PM

Car Info: Bagged 2014 STi
So how safe is it to run 100 octane on a stock engine that is not tuned ?
Old 02-11-2012, 02:39 PM
aka FlukeWRX

Car Info: '03 WRX WRB Sedan
Originally Posted by FRAWSTI
I've done mixtures of about 3-4 gallons of 100 and filled the rest with 91 Octane (either Chevron or 76) and the car ran fantastic. I wouldn't run straight 100 octane for a full tank, but a mixture should should be fine.
Old 02-11-2012, 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by FRAWSTI
Why waste the money on a full tank of 100 from King's Union if it's not any gain. Drop in a gallon or two like fluke said even E85 from the Propel station your car will be happier.
Old 02-11-2012, 06:04 PM
rau
Something Custom

Car Info: You guys mad.
Originally Posted by ipozestu
This thread is f'n hilarious! Yer all full of it. Everybody know CA gas comes from unicorns. Ever seen a unicorn? Of course you haven't because there's only one. They've got him chained up in a cellar somewhere in Calaveras Co. He pisses in a bucket all day long.
And this is why I love you Jeff
Old 02-13-2012, 12:08 AM

Car Info: 2002 subaru wrx and 2013 Impreza
Originally Posted by Pearl07STI
Yes it is the same at every station... the 5 terminals in the bay area (sac, tracy, richmond, avon and san jose) are all on a proprietary pipeline from the Chevron Richmond refinery. So unless it comes from a 3rd party terminal like Kinder Morgan they will have our additive injecting into the gas from a Kinder Morgan line.

If that makes sense...
yes it does. thanks man

Quick Reply: Gas matters?