Old 11-15-2009, 11:54 AM

Car Info: WRX --> RX-8--〉E93
Originally Posted by c32c7
At least you're honest about something.
lol thanks for point that out. yea i meant NOT*
Old 11-15-2009, 11:55 AM

Car Info: 2008 STi OBP
Originally Posted by wimprezax06
i can understand this is a forum where people just like to flame and bashing. you guys say all those righteous stuff that make you seem like a nice person.

btw im happy to see that we have some many i-clubber that would do such nice things. proud of you guys.
Well, let's see. You found something that probably cost the original owner $400-600, since the original iPhones were not subsidized by ATT. You make no 'active' attempt to return the phone, ie contact store where it was lost, post info on CL or make a quick stop at the ATT store so they can look into it. Your primary concern from Post #1 is to figure out how to keep it for yourself.

You justify keeping the phone because you or a friend lost a wallet once and either didn't get it back or had the money removed. So what? You're matching your own actions to that of someone that you admit is dishonest and considering it relative justice? I call BS.

And yet with all of this, you have an attitude of pure entitlement to this phone. It is NOT YOURS. That makes you shady and the members here have every right to criticize your irresponsible behavior.

This is a community forum and posts/attitudes like yours only serve to devalue it.
Old 11-15-2009, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by baco
In my life I found 3 cellphones and I returned them all, some where nice and some were crappy. but the owner called or someone called and we set up a meeting time. I would call the store and see if someone claimed it or eventually give it to the police. or post an ad on craigslist. but I would NOT give it to someone random that claims to find the owner like a store clerk or even the store manager. I mean why would the owner not call his/her phone, I think that's just dumb. In that case is almost helpless. oh yeah and you could try ATT. Did you find out the phone number? in that case if you call ATT with the number they could give you put you in touch with the owner.
i did not find out anything about owner. until i reset the thing it says GRACE's iphone. the phone was locked with the passcode.

i have FOUND a lot of cellphone before. i worked at retail store. and people left their phone and come back for it. but sometimes they just never do. because they don't even know where they lost it at.

i can swear that if that girl found me and ask for the phone i would hand it back to her right away. i trust my self, but do i trust other people? who knows what other people going to do after i gave them the iphone? and give it to the police?? what is the police going to do with that?

give it back to ATT, they probably just gonna refurbish it and sell it to make money.

i can say that i know what im doing is not the BEST a good citizen could do, but i'm not going to do all the works to help a lady who don't even value their stuff, and don't take responsibility to get it back.

founder keeper, loser weeper. i lost many things before. can't help it.
Old 11-15-2009, 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by shagginwagon
Well, let's see. You found something that probably cost the original owner $400-600, since the original iPhones were not subsidized by ATT. You make no 'active' attempt to return the phone, ie contact store where it was lost, post info on CL or make a quick stop at the ATT store so they can look into it. Your primary concern from Post #1 is to figure out how to keep it for yourself.

You justify keeping the phone because you or a friend lost a wallet once and either didn't get it back or had the money removed. So what? You're matching your own actions to that of someone that you admit is dishonest and considering it relative justice? I call BS.

And yet with all of this, you have an attitude of pure entitlement to this phone. It is NOT YOURS. That makes you shady and the members here have every right to criticize your irresponsible behavior.

This is a community forum and posts/attitudes like yours only serve to devalue it.
uhhh...first of all. i did call the store, the next day. they store has my phone number in case of the person is looking for it. 2nd, like i said, im not going to GO take my own time to stop by ATT store and post on CL. come on, how many fake calls i gonna get??? hundreds of people gonna tell me that they lost their phone at their store.

i start the thread to ask how to keep the phone is because it has been 1 week!!!!! come on. the phone dead now!!! and i just charged yesterday. the whole time no one called!!! well is because the sim card was deactivated already. but that is all i can do for her. sorry im not honor and righteous enough to be your friend. but is okay. =]
Old 11-15-2009, 12:13 PM
banned

Car Info: Honda RVT RC51
I find it sad that your moral compass and judgement are more ****ed up than your English is.
Old 11-15-2009, 12:13 PM

Car Info: Nadda
Bleh, you called the store and left the phone on for a week and then figured out the card was deactivated. The phone is yours and I would have done the same thing. I'll go out of my way the easiest way possible, but wasting gas and time on it should be the person who lost the phone's responsibility.

You can't do much if leaving the phone on for a week without a call. One phone call from the owner is a good enough attempt to ask for and nothing happened, simple enough. The rest of these guys who think they're 100% lawabiding citizens should look at their speedometers when they break the speed limit every time.
Old 11-15-2009, 12:15 PM

Car Info: 2008 Forester XT Sports
ban.
Old 11-15-2009, 12:19 PM

^^ BAN you?

i think my question has already been addressed, and there is nothing more i would like to share with those good citizens. i don't need to be schooled about what to do after i found an iphone.

so mods, please close this thread. thanks
Old 11-15-2009, 12:22 PM

Car Info: 1.8L FWD
i would have just returned it to the store right away. from there, it's out of my hands. if someone at the store wants to be dishonest, then it's them. why did you or your gf take it out of the store in the first place after finding it?
Old 11-15-2009, 12:33 PM

Car Info: 2008 Forester XT Sports
...forget it.

Last edited by cracker1252; 11-15-2009 at 12:51 PM.
Old 11-15-2009, 12:52 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
i don't think ill do it this time. i guess im just not a honor citizen after all. i'm not going to bring a beat up used iphone to the store and ask to find the owner's info and contact them.

seriously, i personally think she doesn't even want the phone anymore. well first of all the phone is pretty beat up. and she really just didn't call at all. if she would just called i don't mind at all just give it back to her. i like to do nice stuff too. that is totally her responsibility to look for the phone, and try to find it. i'm not going to go LOOK for her.

maybe she is more fed up with the community than me, she didn't even try to look for it, she just gave up right away.
Quit trying to rationalize being a POS member of society.
Old 11-15-2009, 12:57 PM

Car Info: ugly piece of ****
i don't think ill do it this time. i guess im just not a honor citizen after all. i'm not going to bring a beat up used iphone to the store and ask to find the owner's info and contact them.

seriously, i personally think she doesn't even want the phone anymore. well first of all the phone is pretty beat up. and she really just didn't call at all. if she would just called i don't mind at all just give it back to her. i like to do nice stuff too. that is totally her responsibility to look for the phone, and try to find it. i'm not going to go LOOK for her.

maybe she is more fed up with the community than me, she didn't even try to look for it, she just gave up right away.
I think you basically did the right thing. YOu asked around and waited for her to call it. Not much more you can do. If she doesnt care neough to try to track it down after a week, its finders keepers.

You got someone on your side.
Old 11-15-2009, 12:59 PM

Car Info: Nadda
Originally Posted by subaruwrx
I think you basically did the right thing. YOu asked around and waited for her to call it. Not much more you can do. If she doesnt care neough to try to track it down after a week, its finders keepers.

You got someone on your side.
Yea I am with you.
Old 11-15-2009, 01:10 PM

Car Info: '11 STI
uhhh...first of all. i did call the store, the next day. they store has my phone number in case of the person is looking for it. 2nd, like i said, im not going to GO take my own time to stop by ATT store and post on CL. come on, how many fake calls i gonna get??? hundreds of people gonna tell me that they lost their phone at their store.

i start the thread to ask how to keep the phone is because it has been 1 week!!!!! come on. the phone dead now!!! and i just charged yesterday. the whole time no one called!!! well is because the sim card was deactivated already. but that is all i can do for her. sorry im not honor and righteous enough to be your friend. but is okay. =]
quoted because thats a b**** move right there. i work on my college campus and i constantly find cell phones laying around. im talking about once a week. i always go and drop it off and have even met up with someone to give them their phone back. and why do i do it? im not looking for a reward or anything, i do it because its just the right thing to do
Old 11-15-2009, 01:19 PM

Car Info: '03 WRX wagon, faster than walkin'
Wow, I can't believe we are having this conversation...turn it into an ATT store...they will have a record of who it belongs to and will get it back to its owner...you waited a week?

Put yourself in that position, someone found your car...gosh, they kept it for a week and you never called 'em? must be theirs now...

Quick Reply: found an iphone then what?