i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource

i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource (https://www.i-club.com/forums/)
-   Bay Area (https://www.i-club.com/forums/bay-area-15/)
-   -   found an iphone then what? (https://www.i-club.com/forums/bay-area-15/found-iphone-then-what-212416/)

wimprezax06 11-14-2009 06:13 PM

found an iphone then what?

my gf found an iphone in a clothing store, so some one probably dropped it or something while changing.

no one called the phone for like a week already, and the battery is dead. i dont even have an iphone, but i do have an ipod so i charged up and trying to unlock the phone. but since is locked so i can't do anything to it.

i google about what you do after finding a iphone, and i read bunch of useless BS from people such as. RETURN IT you thief, or turn it in to the police. are you serious? the phone is locked i can't even get in so there is no way i know who does it belong to. and turn it in to the police??? i mean i think he was just kidding right??

well anyway. im going to keep this phone, BTW just the regular iphone, not 3G or 3Gs. how can i get it unlock and activated? should i just take it to chinatown and have someone unlock it or jailbreak it?

i have no idea what to do with it.

thanks for your input.

i just want to know what can i do to use this phone.

dorifto88 11-14-2009 06:17 PM

[url]http://forums.techarena.in/portable-devices/1179367.htm[/url]

Ex-ricer 11-14-2009 06:44 PM

Use it as a brick.

STiForFun 11-14-2009 06:47 PM

return it for a reward if the clothing store was like forever 21 or Tilly's. if it was like Lane Bryant or Torrid then just send to an electronics recycler.

wimprezax06 11-14-2009 07:06 PM

[QUOTE=STiForFun;2759408]return it for a reward if the clothing store was like forever 21 or Tilly's. if it was like Lane Bryant or Torrid then just send to an electronics recycler.[/QUOTE]

uh...are you serious??? why would i send it to a recycler??? the people there probably some how unlock it and use it.

come on, lets real here. you found an iphone and the owner didnt call or anything, you going to turn it in???

wimprezax06 11-14-2009 07:18 PM

[QUOTE=dorifto88;2759398][url]http://forums.techarena.in/portable-devices/1179367.htm[/url][/QUOTE]

thanks

DLing the restore program from itune. hope it will work. : banana :

dorifto88 11-14-2009 07:21 PM

[QUOTE=wimprezax06;2759412]uh...are you serious??? why would i send it to a recycler??? the people there probably some how unlock it and use it.

come on, lets real here. you found an iphone and the owner didnt call or anything, you going to turn it in???[/QUOTE]

honestly, yah i'd return it, but i am not the morality police.

gluck

code3suby 11-14-2009 07:21 PM

I'd return it, every cell phone has a unique ESN (electronic serial number) is embedded in each phone and if you try to activate a phone with a flagged stolen/lost ESN, the carrier will have instructions to report it to the police.

... not to mention that you posted your intention to not give back someone else's personal property on a public forum...

lanz0r 11-14-2009 07:50 PM

Make it go into DFU mode then jailbreak that ****

Superglue WRX 11-14-2009 08:02 PM

Better hope the owner doesn't use the MobileMe as they can find out where the phone is as long as it's on.

pho_shizzle 11-14-2009 08:06 PM

[QUOTE=code3suby;2759417]I'd return it, every cell phone has a unique ESN (electronic serial number) is embedded in each phone and if you try to activate a phone with a flagged stolen/lost ESN, the carrier will have instructions to report it to the police.

... not to mention that you posted your intention to not give back someone else's personal property on a public forum...[/QUOTE]

one time i found a lg chocolate in class, someone left it. so i took it, and wiped it out. someone told me about the ESN so i called verizon to check if it was registered and they said it wasnt. i was like sweet, then sold the phone to make some extra cash lol. : banana :

Subaru_dude 11-14-2009 10:33 PM

lol. ^^

perry753 11-14-2009 10:38 PM

if you want to actually use it then put it to DFU mode and restore the iphone using itunes (google how to put the phone in DFU mode).

then you would need to put the phone in "airplane mode" when you do use it because the phone will be using the data network if you don't. airplane mode keeps the iphone on wifi.

subie OCD 11-14-2009 10:43 PM

I would contact the clothing store and ask the employees if anyone came in looking for it.

Oh 4 panda 11-14-2009 11:28 PM

[QUOTE=subie OCD;2759479]I would contact the clothing store and ask the employees if anyone came in looking for it.[/QUOTE]

+1 :nod: i know how it feels to lose a phone.. it sucked because everything was on it.. i was really sad.. definitely call the store first.. if no one reported it, then you can keep it but at least call the store and leave your information just in case the owner does go looking for it.