i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource

i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource (https://www.i-club.com/forums/)
-   Bay Area (https://www.i-club.com/forums/bay-area-15/)
-   -   found an iphone then what? (https://www.i-club.com/forums/bay-area-15/found-iphone-then-what-212416/)

VRT MBasile 11-15-2009 10:53 AM

I'd return it. If I were in the other person's shoes, it's refreshing when people actually do nice things. Baby steps to the demise of our society are still steps towards the demise of our society. Be a good person.

Even if they've already replaced it with a new iPhone, you returning it will give them all their personal data (phone number, pictures, etc) back.

baco 11-15-2009 10:55 AM

In my life I found 3 cellphones and I returned them all, some where nice and some were crappy. but the owner called or someone called and we set up a meeting time. I would call the store and see if someone claimed it or eventually give it to the police. or post an ad on craigslist. but I would NOT give it to someone random that claims to find the owner like a store clerk or even the store manager. I mean why would the owner not call his/her phone, I think that's just dumb. In that case is almost helpless. oh yeah and you could try ATT. [B]Did you find out the phone number? in that case if you call ATT with the number they could give you put you in touch with the owner.[/B]

VRT MBasile 11-15-2009 10:58 AM

By the way, I'm very happy to see the reaction of the vast majority is saying to return it.

soggynoodles 11-15-2009 11:18 AM

I've lost my iphone before. It's a sucky feeling. I did return back the restaurant and the waitress there was holding my phone. I was happy to see people out there returning things they found.
Do the right thing. Return the iphone. If you want one get one on your own.

iLoqin 11-15-2009 11:22 AM

If someone doesn't call their phone... after 1 week? That to me says something fishy. Maybe trying to go through the "lost cell phone policy" and probably already has a new phone. I would know that my phone was missing within 15 minutes because I touch the pocket that it's supposed to be in everywhere I go. If I had lost it I'd go back to where I was not too long ago, or have someone call my phone. ASAP

c32c7 11-15-2009 11:36 AM

[QUOTE=Spoolin415;2759559]Maybe he knows something about the BAM shirts?!? :rofl:[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if that were the case. If anyone sees him at a meet wearing a BAM shirt and talking on an iPhone, you know what to do. :evil:

iLoqin 11-15-2009 11:40 AM

[QUOTE=c32c7;2759602]I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if that were the case. If anyone sees him at a meet wearing a BAM shirt and talking on an iPhone, you know what to do. :evil:[/QUOTE]

Careful now, there are many with legit bam shirts n' legit iphones! Most common phone =P besides a blackberry!

wimprezax06 11-15-2009 11:41 AM

you guys can flame all you want. but the phone is on, and it has a passcode, i cant even go in to look at the contacts and try to find out who does it belong to. and the next day i take that phone's sim card out and put it in my phone, it says the sim card is already deactivated.

when i did the factory restore option, i found out the previous owner name is Grace. but that is all i know.

so to all you honest and righteous people out there GOOD FOR YOU. im not going to drive to the AT&T store and give the phone to them and ask them to find out whose phone does it belong to. if she would called the phone i would give it back to her. you guys can think or say w/e, but for those who knows me im now that type of person would do that. that person just never called the phone like i said. i don't need an iphone, im not even an iphone person. i don't even have an ipod, the only thing i use that belong to apple is the itouch i bought for my gf.

the iphone is useless to me, because i dont even have the internet plan on my contract.

i just simply don't believe people would return to the ATT store or give it to the police after they found stuff like that or wallet. i lost my wallets before, my ID is in there. they can simply contact me, but NOPE never. my friend lost wallet in the theater, and got it back from lost and found, but the cash in side is gone, but he was still very glad thats the best he can hope for after losing the wallet.

i am keeping the iphone, and just play games on it or something. i'm just being very real or you guys can call it "ass***" or w/e you like. i found something good and the owner is no where to be found. im not going to take my OWN time to FIND the person. she should be looking for me in the first place. so stop with that flaming and just answer the question.

the question has been solved btw, now is back to factory setting. thanks for the input

wimprezax06 11-15-2009 11:42 AM

[QUOTE=c32c7;2759602]I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if that were the case. If anyone sees him at a meet wearing a BAM shirt and talking on an iPhone, you know what to do. :evil:[/QUOTE]

sorry, i wasn't there for this year's BAM.

shagginwagon 11-15-2009 11:42 AM

Man up and take it to the AT&T store. They can unlock the phone, get the owner's info and make attempts to get in touch via email or secondary phone numbers on the account.

wimprezax06 11-15-2009 11:46 AM

i can understand this is a forum where people just like to flame and bashing. you guys say all those righteous stuff that make you seem like a nice person.

btw im happy to see that we have some many i-clubber that would do such nice things. proud of you guys.

VRT MBasile 11-15-2009 11:47 AM

[QUOTE=wimprezax06;2759605]you guys can flame all you want. but the phone is on, and it has a passcode, i cant even go in to look at the contacts and try to find out who does it belong to. and the next day i take that phone's sim card out and put it in my phone, it says the sim card is already deactivated.

when i did the factory restore option, i found out the previous owner name is Grace. but that is all i know.

so to all you honest and righteous people out there GOOD FOR YOU. im not going to drive to the AT&T store and give the phone to them and ask them to find out whose phone does it belong to. if she would called the phone i would give it back to her. you guys can think or say w/e, but [b]for those who knows me im now that type of person[/b] would do that. that person just never called the phone like i said. i don't need an iphone, im not even an iphone person. i don't even have an ipod, the only thing i use that belong to apple is the itouch i bought for my gf. [/QUOTE]

"That type of person" as in a good person, or a smart one?

[QUOTE]the iphone is useless to me, because i dont even have the internet plan on my contract.

i just simply don't believe people would return to the ATT store or give it to the police after they found stuff like that or wallet. i lost my wallets before, my ID is in there. they can simply contact me, but NOPE never. my friend lost wallet in the theater, and got it back from lost and found, but the cash in side is gone, but he was still very glad thats the best he can hope for after losing the wallet. [/QUOTE]

So you admit the phone is useless to you, yet you STILL wont return it to AT&T? THEIR STORES ARE EVERYWHERE!!! You "don't believe" people would do that because you want to justify not being a beneficial member of society.

Do you really think that because someone was dishonest with you and took your cash, that therefore you can do the same thing? You are now that person. You had a choice to make. You could have been one less person to act dishonest and without respect for others. But instead you decided to join that crowd yourself. Nice one homie.

Thank god you aren't actually part of the Subaru crowd anymore (judging by your "drives" information). Please move on to an RX-8 forum, maybe the kids over there will be lower down towards your level.

c32c7 11-15-2009 11:48 AM

[QUOTE=wimprezax06;2759605][B]but for those who knows me im now that type of person would do that.[/B][/QUOTE]

At least you're honest about something. ;)

iLoqin 11-15-2009 11:51 AM

Lawl, I think he meant to type 'not' but hilarious error =p

wimprezax06 11-15-2009 11:53 AM

[QUOTE=shagginwagon;2759608]Man up and take it to the AT&T store. They can unlock the phone, get the owner's info and make attempts to get in touch via email or secondary phone numbers on the account.[/QUOTE]

i don't think ill do it this time. i guess im just not a honor citizen after all. i'm not going to bring a beat up used iphone to the store and ask to find the owner's info and contact them.

seriously, i personally think she doesn't even want the phone anymore. well first of all the phone is pretty beat up. and she really just didn't call at all. :wtfdude: if she would just called i don't mind at all just give it back to her. i like to do nice stuff too. that is totally her responsibility to look for the phone, and try to find it. i'm not going to go LOOK for her.

maybe she is more fed up with the community than me, she didn't even try to look for it, she just gave up right away.