Daniel Wentz (JoeBobBucket) - R.I.P.

Old 02-16-2010, 07:51 PM

Car Info: 06 WRX Wagon
the last time i saw dan, he was here at our place... we shared my favorite bottle of beer (Stone Brewing's Bitter Chocolate Oatmeal Stout). he said he's never tasted a beer like it and wanted to get more later on, as it was rather addicting. we then went out for a 45 minute drive around livermore and pleasanton - with me in the driver's seat of his wagon. i just wanted to get the feeling of what a wagon was like and if i really wanted to get one. it was great just talking to him about his car and life in general.

when we came back, we just sat in the living room, and our boy cat (Fry - picture below) fell asleep on his lap in about 10 minutes. Dan and i just kept talking for the next hour or so while Fry just laid there, perfectly comfortable and content.

the last time i heard from Dan, we were going to meet up at Zen so he could buy a router for his place... unfortunately, Dan never showed up. that was 3 weeks ago.

Originally Posted by joltdudeuc
Looking there, I just can't imagine how he passed. I've seen worse sites, worse accidents, people walk away. I've been a rollover, no seatbelt, and had only 2 cuts. What happened to Dan Eckerman way back, when Brucelee and I went to his accident site on hwy 9, we were just astounded that anyone could have survived. But he's well and fine (THANK GOD!) and I just looked at this site and just felt "how could this have been fatal?!"... how...
honestly, i was in an accident that ended my vehicle repossession career. the accident also nearly ended my life. 70mph on 780 westbound into Vallejo, i passed out behind the wheel and rolled a 2001 Ford Ranger pickup. i felt the ground impact 16 times. the A pillar finally coming to its last resting place only 2 inches away from my forehead. i was wearing my seat belt which is the only thing that saved my stupid ***. i walked away from it with a mild bruise on my left chest area. so yeah, i question how fast Dan was going and how it was fatal...

even writing this, i cannot stop the tears. this was an utterly pointless death.

i really cannot describe how much i will miss Dan, his laugh and his friendship.

Name:  2.jpg
Views: 47
Size:  106.6 KB
this is Fry...
Old 02-16-2010, 08:28 PM

Car Info: 2007 Impreza Wagon
I was on a mission to find my Daniel pics. I found the mothership of all of them in my collection. (This is when we dated hence the kiss on the cheek). Dave and Busters good times. Made me smile just thinking about the good times.
Attached Thumbnails Daniel Wentz (JoeBobBucket) - R.I.P.-d-b-w-daniel.jpg  

Last edited by hello_rex; 02-16-2010 at 08:31 PM.
Old 02-16-2010, 08:32 PM

Car Info: 2000 Tacoma Pre-Runner 4 Cyl.
While falling asleep last night it dawned on me that I did somewhat know Daniel. I talked to him out at UCKK for a while one night. After that popped up in my head, it made me stay up for another hour or so. Sad to see a young man go, please keep us updated as to when and where a Formal Memorial will be held for him if so. If not I will try to make it out on Thursday or Friday night.

Once again RIP Daniel

-Gio
Old 02-16-2010, 08:51 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
Originally Posted by hello_rex
I was on a mission to find my Daniel pics. I found the mothership of all of them in my collection. (This is when we dated hence the kiss on the cheek). Dave and Busters good times. Made me smile just thinking about the good times.
Are there by any chance any of him and I when you guys came down to Monterey?

Here is the proposed memorial sticker.

Last edited by VRT MBasile; 02-16-2010 at 09:01 PM.
Old 02-16-2010, 08:52 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: .
@VRT MBasile

I can't save the pics from flickr
Old 02-16-2010, 09:02 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
Originally Posted by Rescuer
@VRT MBasile

I can't save the pics from flickr
I know, I still need to downsize them and send you the zip file. (which I'm working on right now)

Last edited by VRT MBasile; 02-16-2010 at 09:05 PM.
Old 02-16-2010, 09:59 PM
Churro Aficionado

Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
Nice Semp
Old 02-16-2010, 11:30 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: .
Don't view this if you don't want to see it.

It's 14 pictures i captured, one every 5' or so, from where the tire marks start to the final spot where the vehicle stopped.

it starts on photo 1, so just keep clicking Next
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...0&l=ebf506d2f0
Old 02-16-2010, 11:33 PM
Churro Aficionado

Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL