Daniel Wentz (JoeBobBucket) - R.I.P.

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2010, 11:43 AM

Car Info: 2005 WRB wagon / 2006 Red Toyota Tacoma
RIP Daniel.
Old 02-15-2010, 11:51 AM

Car Info: 413whp/461wtq
I'm at the crash site right now, just said a little prayer for Dan. The flowers and candle were knocked over hope whoever brought them doesn't mind but I moved them over to the tree so they don't fall over again. Still can't believe Daniel's gone
Old 02-15-2010, 11:54 AM

Car Info: 413whp/461wtq
Gave him a few roars of the boxer rumble too, **** use to love my straight pipe
Old 02-15-2010, 12:13 PM

Car Info: The Latest From WayneTech.
Originally Posted by NorCalBugEye
I'm at the crash site right now, just said a little prayer for Dan. The flowers and candle were knocked over hope whoever brought them doesn't mind but I moved them over to the tree so they don't fall over again. Still can't believe Daniel's gone
Thank you for your consideration, there will be a lot more there to commemorate him by days end.
Old 02-15-2010, 12:31 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 1999 2.5RS / 2004 Forester X
Such shocking news to hear..

I can't say I know him well but I've hung out with him at least 10 or more times, some at meets others not. He was a nice guy with great character, so sad to hear it had to come to this

My prayers will be with you and your family.

RIP Daniel
Old 02-15-2010, 12:56 PM

Car Info: 2017 Limited Edition BRZ
I first heard of the news from Bryan and Jenn, while I was at work. I was the only one working so I felt so helpless that I couldn't see everyone sooner. I know Ave was a total wreck. It was very difficult to hear all my friends cry. It's really difficult since I've never lost a friend before and I'm sure that goes for some of us as well. When I first heard the news, I swear I thought it was all some cruel joke, but then I was reassured that it was not. I stood there, overcome with goosebumps.

I just saw Daniel Friday night. Had I not needed to have my laptop fixed by lanzor, I would never have come out. I feel like it was possibly a sign for my laptop to break the way it did so I can ask someone for help and end up at the Friday night Curtner meet so that I can once again run into Daniel again. I remember last I spoke with him he was sooo out of it but sooo funny and sooo Daniel at the same time.. He was so happy..

I remember asking him why are you drinking so much, and he would respond "why not??! life's too short!" with a huge smile.. and that's how I will remember him.. Someone who makes sure he is able to do everything he possibly could to make sure he makes life worth living. He cared so much for everyone. He was always there when someone was down and he was never "too big of a man" to admit if he was wrong about something. He never let his pride get in the way of anything..

He was the kind of friend who didn't care about the money. If you didn't have money, he would buy you a drink because he never wanted to see you sit there and watch everyone else drink.

I remember during our accident.. he was there. During Daios accident.. he was there. He was always there.. no matter what.. He didn't care about the little details, all he care about was us. All he cared about was if his friends were okay.. Cause that's all that mattered. He never cared what happened or why it happened.. as long as we were alive to tell him whatever, it didn't matter. Because we were there to tell it.

What I remember most about him, was on my 21st birthday, he gave me those BIG birthday cards.. I never got one before.. and that just brought a smile to my face.. cuz someone with such a BIG personality gave me a BIG card.. only from him did it only made sense... Ironically enough, around 1am-ish Saturday night, Feb 13, i opened up my closet door, and there his birthday card was.. I looked at it for awhile.. didn't know why I did, but I just did.. didn't think that only a few hours later, the same friend who gave me that card would no longer be able to walk this earth with us. =(

Something we should all learn from him is that, you only have one life to live.. don't spend it b*tching about the stupid little things.. Life's too short.. Make the best of it.. cuz that's what he would have wanted.

Daniel, we will all miss you dearly. You were taken away from us far too soon. We love you so much & we're all very saddened that you're not going to be here anymore.. Please give us the strength to stay strong.. Thoughts of you will be what helps lift our spirits. <33
Old 02-15-2010, 01:42 PM

Car Info: 2006 STi 2012 STi
^^ exactly how i will remember Daniel. He was there for me no matter what. I wouldnt feel like talking to ANYONE and he would force me to talk to him until i felt better. If i just needed to vent and blow off steam he would volunteer to let me lash out. When it came to asking him how he was doing... he always said great, and when he didnt, he wouldnt allow himself to burden you with his problems, unless you forced him, and then hed make a joke and say move on cause its in the past.
He would give you the shirt off his back and not ask how you lost yours in the first place.
Old 02-15-2010, 01:52 PM

Car Info: 2017 Limited Edition BRZ
Originally Posted by blacktraxgirl
^^ exactly how i will remember Daniel. He was there for me no matter what. I wouldnt feel like talking to ANYONE and he would force me to talk to him until i felt better. If i just needed to vent and blow off steam he would volunteer to let me lash out. When it came to asking him how he was doing... he always said great, and when he didnt, he wouldnt allow himself to burden you with his problems, unless you forced him, and then hed make a joke and say move on cause its in the past.
He would give you the shirt off his back and not ask how you lost yours in the first place.
yess definitely.. whenever i was cold and didn't have a jacket, he would offer his. he would always ask me where mine was and i would say, i didn't think it'd get cold lol. he would always have a spare jacket to lend to someone somewhere in the back of his wagon..
Old 02-15-2010, 02:36 PM

Car Info: Wing
Rip.
Old 02-15-2010, 02:48 PM

Car Info: 2008 specB
...Answers my question as to why an STI was pulled over with a few other people on San Tomas a few minutes ago when we drove by. Never met him, but RIP.
Old 02-15-2010, 02:57 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: .

i put a bunch of flagging tape on the fence and tree so people can find the spot easily.
i also brought a log book that we put inside of a waterproof container with some little items, and it will be left at the side of the fence but on the PARK side. This is important because people should park and the community park that is here so it's safe instead of being on the side of the road.
the memorial will also be moved by tomorrow to the inside part of the park to access. (caltrans also requested this from us). plus people can access the memorial easier.

so anybody that stops by, please find the flagging tape on the fence and you should find the container which will be attached to the fence. sign the log, write a message, then be sure to seal it in the baggy and the container.

Last edited by Rescuer; 02-15-2010 at 03:07 PM.
Old 02-15-2010, 03:00 PM

Car Info: ass-pan bug eye :D
Originally Posted by Rescuer
yes. thank you for posting this. I'm so sad I can't be up there to contribute. seeing the pieces of wreckage and everything is so hard to look at.
Old 02-15-2010, 03:14 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: .
here is where the park is
http://tinyurl.com/yfub5bs
park on forest Ave, Santa Clara

the spot where the memorial is located is right at this spot
http://tinyurl.com/yeru6wn

so please sign the log if you wish then seal the bag/container as best as you can.
Old 02-15-2010, 03:57 PM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
My wife and I stopped by the site as we were on our way to lunch plans. I pretty much lost it there

it was really hard to see. Really hard to see.
Old 02-15-2010, 05:05 PM

Car Info: MY00 GC6 BRP
please keep us updated on when the service is held, im sure a lot of us would like to try and make it.

Quick Reply: Daniel Wentz (JoeBobBucket) - R.I.P.