Views: 71
Size:  47.5 KB

Name:  PICT9279.jpg
Views: 78
Size:  37.3 KB
Old 02-15-2010, 01:34 AM
It's QQ thankyouverymuch

Car Info: 2011 SWP WRX Hatch
When I first got a text telling me that Dan had died, I didn't believe it. I didn't want to believe it. Dan was one of the first people I met when I first started to get involved with i-club, and he is also one of the best people I have met. I have carpooled with him a few times, I even drove up to Sacramento with him. It wasn't uncommon for him to be online as I came into work at 12AM and we would chat for hours about anything and everything. He was always positive and constructive. He definitely was living life to the fullest weather it be just hanging out with friends, going geocaching, or going out on a crazy 3 day backpacking trip. My thoughts go out to his family. Daniel, may you rest in peace and never be forgotten.
Old 02-15-2010, 01:34 AM

Car Info: 14 Mazda3 sGT, SOLD 12/26: 00 2.5RS Sedan
Originally Posted by Rescuer
the Subaru Community meet will be on Thursday night at the MVKK meet
Mountain View Krispie Kreme

https://www.i-club.com/forums/meetings-events-donuts-91/new-official-mvkk-meet-thursdays-8pm-159911/
I might not have hung out with him personally, but I'll definitely try to come out to support. I just knew he was a fun guy to be around when I saw him at the meets. One time he came out to UCKK and that's the only time I remembered ever meeting him. He may not have posted that much lately, but he's posted enough where it's as if I saw the guy everyday around here at some point.
Old 02-15-2010, 01:36 AM

Car Info: The Latest From WayneTech.
This thread was so hard to read. I'm at a loss for words of how broken I am over this.

Daniel was the first person on this site to reach out to me and make me go to meets and to be a FRIEND and BROTHER above all other things.

I am eternally indebted to him for bringing me the friends that I had at my house today to commemorate and to mourn the loss of one of the best people I have ever met. I have him to thank for bringing me into this community and all of the friends that it has brought me.

Daniel was there for me when my engagement broke up. Daniel was there for me when I was at my lowest point in my life. Daniel was always THERE for me. No matter what.

Daniel was also the first person to say 'Stop being a vagina and come out with us!' He always called me that or another name to get me out of my funk and bring me down to Earth no matter what was on my mind.

I will always have the fondest memories of going to the city at midnight on a random night to do a photo shoot by the Golden Gate Bridge.

I will remember how out of a flashlight, a sweater and some quarters he made a tripod to hold his DSLR and take a 35 second exposure shot of me and my car, which I have as my avatar.

I will remember him taking the day off with me to get sandwiches and paint my emblems.

I will remember him taking that same vial of touch up paint to use on his car and returning to me nearly empty.

Daniel was, is, and will always be a dear friend of mine. Someone I am proud to call brother, someone whom I will never forget in my life.

No matter what you were doing, if you were bored and Dan knew - in 15 minutes you were guarenteed to no longer be bored. That was the type of person Dan was.

I love you Dan, I always will and I will never ever let your memory be dilluted by anything life has to throw me.

The people closest to Dan are making arrangments so that we may best honor his memory - we are all very close to this community and will do all in our power to insure his rememberance.

I also want to thank every single person that came to my house - though too numerous to name here; you all know who you are - thank you for coming, I find solace in our bond as friends through this tragedy will bring us closer together and ensure Dan's eternal resting place is filled with good memories, good times, good cheer and all the love we could offer our comrade.

Yes, there will be tears and broken hearts, but I know, deep down inside that if he could, Dan would tell us all to 'Stop being vaginas.'

Wherever in the Cosmos and in the eternal string of time, space, energy and eternal benevolance of this life you are Daniel Wentz, rest assured that you will never be forgotten and all who met you, love you.

We love you Dan and we always will.

Last edited by R-Dub; 02-15-2010 at 01:41 AM.
Old 02-15-2010, 01:40 AM

Car Info: 07 WRX STI Limited Edition
Beautifully said Roy!! Thank you sooo much for opening your home to us tonight so that we could remember Daniel together. I am SOOO happy to have such a great community of friends here on i-club. See you tomorrow
Old 02-15-2010, 01:43 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: psm.03.wrx.wgn
My thoughts & prayers go out to Daniel's family & friends. Though I only got a chance to hang out w/ him a handful of times, it's apparent that his positivity & good-natured personality was such a welcomed (and is now a dearly-missed) vibe during those interactions.

Reading the quick news blurb hits a li'l too close to home for me. We'll all miss you. Too bad we never got a chance to hit the slopes together, but I'll be sure to lay down a fat pow-pow roost on my next trip up, bruddah. RIP, Daniel.
Old 02-15-2010, 01:46 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: .
some of us who are VERY close to dan would like our private time tomorrow

the Subaru Community meet will be at MVKK this thursday night
https://www.i-club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=159911

Last edited by Rescuer; 02-15-2010 at 01:49 AM.
Old 02-15-2010, 01:48 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
Originally Posted by R-Dub
We love you Dan and we always will.
Dan was always there for me when I needed to b*tch about something over a pint (mine guinness, his I think always newcastle). I have high school friends that cared less about what was going through my mind than Daniel did after knowing me for less than a year. I wish I could have known his companionship and caring outside of the b*tching over a pint scenario, like you guys got to experience.

Last edited by VRT MBasile; 02-15-2010 at 02:15 AM.
Old 02-15-2010, 01:49 AM

Car Info: '15 LE STI, '06 WRX White Wheeled Wagon, '06 B9
Originally Posted by Rescuer
the Subaru Community meet will be on Thursday night at the MVKK meet
Mountain View Krispie Kreme

https://www.i-club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=159911
i will be there

here are a couple pics i have of mr. nasa himself, when jason (jasajin), dan, and myself painted jasons headlights and had probably one of the most fun nights i had had in a very long time at that point. i was going through some rough stuff and he helped keep everything positive for me.

Name:  043.jpg
Views: 73
Size:  66.7 KB

Name:  044.jpg
Views: 91
Size:  59.6 KB

Name:  041.jpg
Views: 85
Size:  73.1 KB

Name:  025.jpg
Views: 88
Size:  61.2 KB
Old 02-15-2010, 02:17 AM

Car Info: The Latest From WayneTech.
Originally Posted by Irish_car_B0mb
This picture really and truly epitomizes Dan. This is him at his core - always happy, smiley and full of life.
Old 02-15-2010, 02:20 AM

Car Info: FR-S + WRB Bugeye.
Rest in peace man. I hate hearing these stories, so sad.
Old 02-15-2010, 02:22 AM

Car Info: 2008 Forester XT 5spd
So sad Life is precious and fragile, my prayers go out to his family and friends.
Old 02-15-2010, 02:23 AM

Car Info: Big Thanks Jeremy@CrucialRacing and Ed@EQ-Tuning
RIP Daniel

im very shocked and sadden by this news

Daniel will you will be missed, im going to miss the friendly long conversations everytime at the car meets with him

Daniel is damn good guy, very nice person

my prayers to his family and friends

Last edited by downsti; 02-15-2010 at 02:27 AM.
Old 02-15-2010, 02:25 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: .
8 months ago, Coyote Point
Dan and I going down the slide at the park

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnobH0H3b6o

Old 02-15-2010, 02:32 AM

Car Info: Koenigsegg CCX
R.I.P. Dan, sad to hear something like this.

Quick Reply: Daniel Wentz (JoeBobBucket) - R.I.P.