Craigslist ripoff

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2008, 05:08 PM

Car Info: WRX --> RX-8--〉E93
jesus. only the first 3 posts were about the price of the car lol then it went OT!

well i wouldnt buy that car because the price is too high. but if im balling and looking for that car i might buy it.

i think everyone should just chill out. slow04wrx just want to express his feeling about high prices, no need to say all those things. is like just let people say what ever they feel.

there is NOTHING wrong about him saying its a rip off. if he thinks is rip off then let it be. i think its over price too. who cares
Old 07-03-2008, 05:53 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '02 WRB WRX Wagon
Originally Posted by slow04wrx
Well I respect you for that, and I realize you said the price was too high and should come down at least some.......however I was rude to him because he called me a whiny ***** when he could have just not posted, and then proceeded to say my car was abused meaning poor condition.
Do you understand my point on that? He was a total ******** about it, and I don't really care how OG he is? a dicks a dick.

But yes I do realize that this is ridiculous and went too far, but if you are going to personally attack me and be arrogant about the situation you have to expect the person to reply.
Oh Lord you got all butthurt simply because I said your car is Probably Abused. Probably being the key word there. I didn't make a definitive statement, I made an opinion and everybody has one. No need to get all butthurt about it, it's the internet and if you are taking what someone on here says seriously, then you need help. This would have been over a long time ago if you just had said, "Well that's your opinion". Done and done. But obviously if you respond with something negative or condescending, expect the other person to respond back.

This at least kept me entertained at work and made my day go by a little faster.
Old 07-03-2008, 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by bluwrxwgn
Oh Lord you got all butthurt simply because I said your car is Probably Abused. Probably being the key word there. I didn't make a definitive statement, I made an opinion and everybody has one. No need to get all butthurt about it, it's the internet and if you are taking what someone on here says seriously, then you need help. This would have been over a long time ago if you just had said, "Well that's your opinion". Done and done. But obviously if you respond with something negative or condescending, expect the other person to respond back.

This at least kept me entertained at work and made my day go by a little faster.
lol, my day was kept busy with it as well.
Old 07-03-2008, 11:37 PM

Car Info: '04 WRB STi Stage 2
lol this thread is hilarious.
Old 07-03-2008, 11:44 PM

Car Info: 1998 2.5 rs
2.5 rs

hey i find it great i've been asking 4k for my auto 98 and i get flakes and whiners .
let him ask that i have someone coming 150 miles to look at mine and it's a auto. bluebook pp is 5200 so one that needs paint work is a steal at 4k
Old 07-04-2008, 06:04 AM

Car Info: Drove a Cavalier with a WRX body kit
Sorry but after reading this thread the vibe I get from the OP is that the GC8 (GM6) is not a valued car but some ****box. I could be wrong but that just what I felt from reading

Most people (i.e. me) would pissed off to see another enthusiast depreciate the value of their (my) cars.

It took me a long *** time to find my specific RS in SF. Because that, I would pay a pretty penny to buy a very clean and well kept RS. Too many abused or high mileage RS'es on craigslist these days.

Grant it, ~$10k does seem a bit high but it is not unrealistic. He'll/She'll most likely settle for less but that depends on the buyer.
I get a sense of pride in my RS that this owner is willing enough to ask for a value he/she believes the car is worth.

Last edited by iLikeTofu; 07-04-2008 at 06:08 AM.
Old 07-04-2008, 11:39 AM

I respect the rs, and if i had unlimited money it'd be cool to build one up. While I personally think they are sweet cars, I dont think they are worth a killing.

darkling- I know if only your car wasn't red. I'm afraid ill get nabbed on my drive to n from work. But its certainly a good deal. Plus I may go towards a wagon for my dogger
Old 07-04-2008, 10:17 PM
Chewwwwy

Car Info: Random, yet well planed selection of jdm cult cars
Originally Posted by slow04wrx
end this thread mods plz, sorry i started it stupid idea.

no thats ok...

anyways, to add to the fire, the blue book on my hachi is around 1700 bux,

I have had 3 offers of over 8k, and thats just the last week.

cult cars are cult cars. blue book value is completely useless. i dont think its a bad price at all, and that car will hold its value way longer than your sti.
Old 07-04-2008, 10:46 PM

Car Info: 2000 Tacoma Pre-Runner 4 Cyl.
Lawl, this is funny. I have no comment

-Gio
Old 07-05-2008, 01:10 AM

Car Info: 04 Forester XT/96 Brighton Project
Originally Posted by nachomc
Basic market principles are hard
Sure is comrade

Originally Posted by chriskabobbers
lol this thread is hilarious.
It's hilarious because someone decided to voice their opinion over free market capitalism and swears the seller is ripping people off for asking said price of vehicle. If someone is willing/wants to pay $xxx then who am I to stop that person from buying my goods?

Originally Posted by international B
no thats ok...

anyways, to add to the fire, the blue book on my hachi is around 1700 bux,

I have had 3 offers of over 8k, and thats just the last week.

cult cars are cult cars. blue book value is completely useless. i dont think its a bad price at all, and that car will hold its value way longer than your sti.
So will you take $1800?
Old 07-05-2008, 01:29 AM
Chewwwwy

Car Info: Random, yet well planed selection of jdm cult cars
Originally Posted by Hatteroo

So will you take $1800?
lol