Craigslist ripoff

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2008, 03:32 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Rust and Salt
Comedy ****ing gold.

You can try to teach a retard all day, but at the end of the day he's still retarded.
Old 07-03-2008, 03:42 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
the cars you posted are from...

PA
FL
UT

Not one california car??? Not one bay area car?

oh yeah....YOU ARE WRONG!
Old 07-03-2008, 03:48 PM

You can have a car shipped for 800 from most any of those places, ask other people if you don't believe me, or get a quote online. Still a lot cheaper..............

But I agree not much showed up in CA, I guess I could really search and find you some good deals on some.....but........we might as well end this......

I didn't ever say the RS wasn't sought after to some degree, just that his price was a joke, maybe if it had 70k or less, and I personally don't advocate asking extra high prices and looking like an *** doing it.

You can say those aren't in CA, but some of them are 2 years newer, so they are worth even more, yet much cheaper than his
Old 07-03-2008, 03:50 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
This is silly.

You can only get ripped off if you allow it.
What you, slow04wrx, are willing to pay for anything varies from what I'm willing to pay for the same item.

Just because you feel that a price is too high doesn't mean that the seller is attempting to "rip off" the buyer.
It could just mean that you're cheap.
Old 07-03-2008, 03:55 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '02 WRB WRX Wagon
Originally Posted by Paul@dbtuned
This is silly.

What you, slow04wrx, are willing to pay for anything varies from what I'm willing to pay for the same item.

Just because you feel that a price is too high doesn't mean that the seller is attempting to "rip off" the buyer.

Seriously though, yea $800 shipped isn't a big deal but dealing with smogging the car and getting it retitled in California isn't worth the headache just a save a couple bucks. You're ship is sinking fast buddy. Time to bail!!!
Old 07-03-2008, 03:57 PM

Car Info: 06 Audi A3
Originally Posted by slow04wrx
I don't?

Infact I posted this up, the price is very high. I didn't know you all would be so attached to it.

He said my car was abused, that means poor condition to me.........

He is talking **** about my car and the post didn't even have anything to d with him

but you are going to sit here and complain to me about talking **** about some guys price (not the condition of his car) on craigslist

go to hell

also there are plenty of wrx's for 8+, you may have to go out of state. And they are obviously higher mileage.....for a commuter type car or daily this would be good. And they aren't all sold my old russian guys.

end this thread mods plz, sorry i started it stupid idea.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...=&cardist=2347

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...=&cardist=2451

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...e=&cardist=550

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...=&cardist=2506

nuff said. That took almost a whole minute to find

THATS PROOF RIGHT THERE, YOU ARE WRONG ACCEPTTTTTTTT ITTTTTTTTTTTTT

you are uber legittttttt suby yeaaaaa rad!!!!!!!

funny a few of those look a lot nicer than his
Dude are you alright? I did not put you down in anyway but you tell me go to hell? Were you beat as a child? Come on man like I said before CHILL OUT! I SIMPLEY stated that you have talked bad about people, their cars, or their business before getting the full picture. You seem very angry you know they have classes to help you with that.
Old 07-03-2008, 03:57 PM

LOL. I could buy a wrx for 2k less with 30k less miles on it!
The guy is dreaming, sorry but its a 2.5 rs, it has 165 hp. KBB factors in what they all sell for, and is already a rip off. It's not a ferrari this is a total joke, a 1999 cheapo econobox, asking a 50% increase over kelly blue book, when people can't even give away used cars.

LOL

Don't perpetuate the stupidness guys

I put myself in his shoes and all that comes to mind is a song;

ohhhhhhhhh cause I've got HIGHHHHHHHHHHHH HOPES!!!!!!!! YES HIGH HOPES!!!!!!!
I don't?

Infact I posted this up, the price is very high. I didn't know you all would be so attached to it.

He said my car was abused, that means poor condition to me.........

He is talking **** about my car and the post didn't even have anything to d with him

but you are going to sit here and complain to me about talking **** about some guys price (not the condition of his car) on craigslist

go to hell

also there are plenty of wrx's for 8+, you may have to go out of state. And they are obviously higher mileage.....for a commuter type car or daily this would be good. And they aren't all sold my old russian guys.

end this thread mods plz, sorry i started it stupid idea.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...=&cardist=2347

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...e=&cardist=550

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...=&cardist=2506

nuff said. That took almost a whole minute to find

THATS PROOF RIGHT THERE, YOU ARE WRONG ACCEPTTTTTTTT ITTTTTTTTTTTTT

you are uber legittttttt suby yeaaaaa rad!!!!!!!

funny a few of those look a lot nicer than his
Link to said wrx for 8 grand with 70k on the clock, so i can sell my 02 with 90k on it, pocket a couple grand, and get one with 70k.
Old 07-03-2008, 03:59 PM
General Pimpin'

Realistic shipping rates on autos are $11-1600. I've looked into it... A LOT. I nearly shipped a 54 chevy from the east coast.... And that was BEFORE the gas doubled in price.

just saying....

I hate when people try to rip people off and charge ridiculous prices... I've called quite a few people out. And that's why I didn't say **** until you started being a dip **** and attacking one of our most O.G. members.
Old 07-03-2008, 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by OneManArmy
Realistic shipping rates on autos are $11-1600. I've looked into it... A LOT. I nearly shipped a 54 chevy from the east coast.... And that was BEFORE the gas doubled in price.

just saying....

I hate when people try to rip people off and charge ridiculous prices... I've called quite a few people out. And that's why I didn't say **** until you started being a dip **** and attacking one of our most O.G. members.

Well I respect you for that, and I realize you said the price was too high and should come down at least some.......however I was rude to him because he called me a whiny ***** when he could have just not posted, and then proceeded to say my car was abused meaning poor condition.
Do you understand my point on that? He was a total ******** about it, and I don't really care how OG he is? a dicks a dick.

But yes I do realize that this is ridiculous and went too far, but if you are going to personally attack me and be arrogant about the situation you have to expect the person to reply.
Old 07-03-2008, 04:05 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: A limousine with a chauffer
this is the car market, spouting economic principles that don't apply does no good, no matter how cool it makes you feel you remembered it from school.
Wow, you bought some cars. Highly impressed, sir .

Anyhow, what you fail to realize is that, as Paul said, the guy's not trying to rip anyone off. He's listed either what he feels is a fair price for his car, or the price that he needs to get in order to get out of his car. If it sells, good on him; the buyer feels they got a good deal if they're buying it. If it continues to sit on the market, the owner will either pull the car off the market or he'll drop the price until the price of the car satisfies the demand for the car in the current market.

You getting a beach full of sand in your vagina over the guys asking price, and then trying to talk about how you're capt used car salesman makes you look like a jack ***.
Old 07-03-2008, 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by nachomc
Wow, you bought some cars. Highly impressed, sir .

You getting a beach full of sand in your vagina over the guys asking price, and then trying to talk about how you're capt used car salesman makes you look like a jack ***.
Ok well I don't feel that he will get that much and that it is a fair price. I thought i could share that to people who chose to click on my post but next time I will check with you guys before I post to make sure its ok.

But in all seriousness, I'm not capt used car ive gone to a bunch of places and a lot of people have tried to **** me over. I have some experience in it I don't think that makes me special, but it does relate to what we were talking about.

"ou getting a beach full of sand in your vagina over the guys asking price, and then trying to talk about how you're capt used car salesman makes you look like a jack ***"

xept for capt used car part, I wouldn't deny the rest......guess maybe you all just shouldn't click my posts anymore if you don't want to listen to what I say.

Lets just end this ****, it was a good practice of arguing for everyone............

I assume you guys don't want to help me find a replacement for my 97 (its getting taken away today not by choice and im a little butthurt incase you can't tell).

Last edited by slow04wrx; 07-03-2008 at 04:13 PM.
Old 07-03-2008, 04:11 PM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
Originally Posted by Paul@dbtuned
This is silly.

you got ripped off hahaha
Old 07-03-2008, 04:52 PM

Car Info: 2005 WRX STi, 1993 240sx (going under knife soon)
I haven't seen too many low priced WRXs up for grabs, especially sub $10K, but I haven't been on the lookout either, but since the owner of that RS has what looks to be a well taken care of car, I can understand why his asking price might be a bit higher than comparable 2.5 models.
Old 07-03-2008, 04:59 PM
250,000-mile Club President

Car Info: MBP 02 WRX wagon
I don't know, if I were in the market for one, and it is as clean as the seller says, I'd probably have a look at it and offer 8500.

They aren't making any more of them, and if it is a car you want, for whatever reason, you will need to pay whatever a seller is willing to take, regardless of KBB.

I'm surprised some of you don't understand supply and demand?

Some of you guys can say gas and crude oil prices are all OK because of supply and demand, but insist this guy is a criminal because he's asking a little more than KBB for a GC8 ???
Old 07-03-2008, 05:02 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by psoper
I don't know, if I were in the market for one, and it is as clean as the seller says, I'd probably have a look at it and offer 8500.

They aren't making any more of them, and if it is a car you want, for whatever reason, you will need to pay whatever a seller is willing to take, regardless of KBB.

I'm surprised some of you don't understand supply and demand?

Some of you guys can say gas and crude oil prices are all OK because of supply and demand, but insist this guy is a criminal because he's asking a little more than KBB for a GC8 ???
Ges! Exactly.

Shoot the timing belt alone is worth $800. Most people dump their cars around 100k so they don't have to do that maint.

Quick Reply: Craigslist ripoff